Solved Cache too big
Hello,

My collection is about 10000 titles and the cache occupies 111GB. Is there some form of configuration that is optimal to occupy less space?

Thanks in advance.
there is just the option to disable the cache...
having 10000 titles (movies?) in your lib results in ~ 10000 * 7 images which have to be stored in rather good quality (because they are displayed rather big in tmm)...

just saw that everything except the discart is stored in rather small images - will have a look at these images
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
okay just saw 2 things in the code:
a) I did only resize images files for several image types - the rest stayed at the same size (easy to change)
b) we have some sorts of transparent images (clearart, discart, clearlogo).. images with transparency can only be stored in png which is not compressable with the native java implementation.. so I can only shrink them to save space. A first test resulted in ~1mb => ~500kb for these files. not a big win, but it would be a win.

I think I will do these changes for v2 and have a look for alternatives in v3
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
there are several changes in the next version for the image cache - in my testbed I could shrink the cache from 600mb to 200mb.
unfortunately there is no way to compress transparent images (clearart, discart, clearlogo) without losing the transparency - so they will stay rather _big_ 

but with these changes I am sure you will be able to rebuild/shrink your cache!
(2018-07-17, 10:20)mlaggner Wrote: there are several changes in the next version for the image cache - in my testbed I could shrink the cache from 600mb to 200mb.
unfortunately there is no way to compress transparent images (clearart, discart, clearlogo) without losing the transparency - so they will stay rather _big_ 

but with these changes I am sure you will be able to rebuild/shrink your cache!
  Thanks a lot.
Thanks a lot.
How I do that, only rescan all the movies?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cache too big0