• 12(current)
Using a VPN- Merging Thread
Kodi does not need any VPN for its intended usage. See our VPN policy (wiki) for full details.

Thread moved to off topic.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Sorry for the ask, but I didn't see the relevant thread so I am posting my query here and need urgent assistance in this regard.
I am looking for VPN recommendations, primarily I wish to use one with a Kodi box and Firestick, so I have a few questions.

1. Can I pay for a VPN service and easily use it with a Kodi box and Firestick?
2. Best cheap VPN for Kodi streaming?

I have seen many options in this regard Like PureVPN, Cyberghost, Surfshark, and Express.
So if yes then which one should I pay for as their plan and prices vary and most of them also offering deals this Christmas, So I wanted to avail the deal before they last.
Thanks
(2019-12-23, 10:19)josephpaul Wrote: 1. Can I pay for a VPN service and easily use it with a Kodi box and Firestick?

Kodi is not bound to any VPN service. VPN is an network/internet tool, it's not a Kodi tool.
(2019-12-23, 10:24)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-12-23, 10:19)josephpaul Wrote: 1. Can I pay for a VPN service and easily use it with a Kodi box and Firestick?

Kodi is not bound to any VPN service. VPN is an network/internet tool, it's not a Kodi tool. 
Ohh sorry but I know that but I need assistance if anybody has used any of the VPN before on kodi.
That's what I was seeking to be assisted with.
We do not offer assistance or advice on VPNs here, as Kodi does not need them for its intended usage purposes.

Please see our VPN policy (wiki) for further details.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-12-23, 11:55)DarrenHill Wrote: We do not offer assistance or advice on VPNs here, as Kodi does not need them for its intended usage purposes.

Please see our VPN policy (wiki) for further details.
Thanks for the share, I have already seen it. Smile
(2016-11-15, 12:26)chrisjohnson Wrote: i just got the subscription of [ mod edited] but i don't know how to setup it on kodi tv.. can anyone please guide me ?

Ohh well its a good one, I have also bought it. On their new year deal.
However, I have still not used it on my Kodi but here's the detail setup guidethat[ link edited out] I found useful and will use it when necessary.
Reviving a 3-year-old post to blatantly promote services that Kodi does not require for its functionality is not allowed on this site.
Your post has therefore been edited.
Register for a VPN service, providing your details and payment methods and obtaining a username and password.
Go to the Firestick Home.
Go to the Search Menu.
Type the name of your VPN and install its App from Amazon App Store.
Open your VPN, and then enter your username and password.

--
Lewis
(2020-01-02, 17:09)Lewis-H Wrote: Register for a VPN service...

What is the reason for replying in a 2.5 year old topic..?
Hi, I just want to know that is there any VPN for desktop that is totally free and Unlimited?
@Smithclr

We do not promote or provide assistance with VPN's.

You will need to research elsewhere.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-09, 04:15)Karellen Wrote: @Smithclr

We do not promote or provide assistance with VPN's.

You will need to research elsewhere.

I got your point Thanks
I installed Nord VPN on my Firestick after installing Kodi 18.5. However, when I tried to run the VPN, it wouldn't run because it was looking for the files "openvpn, killall, and pidof." How do I install these files so the VPN will run?
@TNovak

Sorry but we provide no support for VPN's. I suggest you contact the help desk of your VPN provider as they provide help services as part of your fee payment.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using a VPN- Merging Thread0