• 10(current)
Deprecated Weatherbit.io
(2019-07-15, 01:53)duckah Wrote: Using latest OSMC, fully updated, I don't see any maps, or am unaware how to access them.

After reading through the thread, I found out that the Estuary skin is required (perhaps there are other compatible ones.)

I changed skin from OSMC to Estuary and went to weather. Once in weather, scroll down past hourly and the map is available.

Thank you for this add-on.
Any ideas on this? We keep getting popups about it:
Quote:2019-07-15 07:04:50.005 T:139656205125376   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: implement_array_function method already has a docstring
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/dvb/kodi.config/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from PIL import ImageEnhance
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL/ImageEnhance.py", line 21, in <module>
                                                from . import Image, ImageFilter, ImageStat
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL/ImageFilter.py", line 23, in <module>
                                                import numpy
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/numpy/__init__.py", line 142, in <module>
                                                from . import core
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/numpy/core/__init__.py", line 40, in <module>
                                                from . import multiarray
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                from . import overrides
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/numpy/core/overrides.py", line 46, in <module>
                                                """)
                                            RuntimeError: implement_array_function method already has a docstring
                                            -->End of Python script error report<-
it's a bug in the numpy python module.
sadly not something i can fix in the addon.
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/13430
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2019-07-13, 15:14)x-bm-c Wrote: Hi ronie,

There is a copy/paste error in default.py in the method "def hourly_props(data)". Retrieving the value of the pod is incorrect. Instead of "pod = data['data'][0]['pod']", "pod = item['pod']" must be used.
Due to the error, the icons of daylight are used instead of those of the night.
thanx a bunch for the report!
will be fixed in the next release.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie

After updating to v0.0.18 I'm getting an error and no weather is displayed. It seems to be a unicode error related to the location being used. Trying to use the location "Krakow (PL)" causes the error. But changing the location to "Paris (FR)" works. Also rolling back to v0.0.17 fixes the problem.

Maybe it's because Krakow is actually Kraków (even though I'm not entering it like that).

Here is the log error:

Code:
11:33:21.747 T:12564 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting Weather
11:33:26.283 T:11032 ERROR: Previous line repeats 3 times.
11:33:26.283 T:11032 WARNING: CWin32DirectSound::GetSpace - buffer underrun - W:28152, P:12504, O:27328.
11:34:17.304 T:12476 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf3' in position 215: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\VaioTZ31\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.weatherbit.io\default.py", line 498, in <module>
forecast(locationname, locationdeg)
File "C:\Users\VaioTZ31\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.weatherbit.io\default.py", line 211, in forecast
current_data = get_data(current_string, 'current')
File "C:\Users\VaioTZ31\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.weatherbit.io\default.py", line 80, in get_data
return str(response.text)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf3' in position 215: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
11:34:20.951 T:14052 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting Weather
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I have the same error. Went back to the previous version and it works...
cheers for the heads-up!
the issue will be fixed in v0.0.19
(2019-07-22, 23:06)ronie Wrote: it's a bug in the numpy python module.
sadly not something i can fix in the addon.
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/13430

Numpy 1.17.0 was released about a month ago (it only supports python >=3.5) which I think doesn't have the problem anymore. Does the weather plugin meet that python 3.5+ requirement too? If not, any chance it will?
at the moment Kodi does not support python 3.x
if all goes well, Kodi v19 Matrix will feature python 3 support by the time it gets released.

ofc there will be a compatible version of this weather addon as soon as py3 is implemented in Kodi.
(2019-08-24, 12:01)ronie Wrote: at the moment Kodi does not support python 3.x
if all goes well, Kodi v19 Matrix will feature python 3 support by the time it gets released.

ofc there will be a compatible version of this weather addon as soon as py3 is implemented in Kodi.

Ahh, I thought once Kodi 18 was officially released, all development moving forward would be based on python 3 with the idea to (potentially) break all the addons now so there's plenty of time to fix them before Kodi 19. It looks like the switch to python 3 isn't very aggressive though, having been decided over a year and a half ago and still given thru 2020. Development is flying at a snails pace in this area it seems. I'm just going to disable the plugin for now and wait until Kodi catches up to python 3, and a compatible version of the addon is available. Downgrading python-numpy breaks too much and upgrading isn't possible so no point continuing to wrestle a problem that won't give up and will eventually work itself out anyways.

My house has windows, I'll just look outside for the weather report til then. Smile
How do I get the display to look like the first post Paris forcast with the days in a row and the hours below it? I get current temperature on the left and daily forcast on the right.
the screenshots were taken using the estuary skin.
Seems to have went down yesterday. Just started getting error on multiple instances of Kodi. I tried creating new API keys, seems to have removed errror, but still fetches nothing
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
I'm getting junk values for the temperature. I haven't looked at the actual weather screen for weekly forecast, icons, etc. But now that Kodi has switched to python3 in git, maybe we should just wait for a python3 version of the plugin? We actually use the weather plugin quite a bit so hopefully it won't take too long for a working version.
check what version you are using...
v0.1.1 is the one for python 3 (it's been available in the repo for a few weeks now)
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weatherbit.io0