v18 Library fetching at load and no visualizations during a mixed playlist
I see same results.  When switching from song to musicvideo, the first musicvideo is skipped, then the NEXT item (either song or musicvideo) is played in correct player.  When switching from musicvideo to song, play stops. Song to song works correctly as does musicvideo to musicvideo.  Correct player is always used.

This is with smartplaylist type mixed.

scott s.
Works for me, tested with this playlist:
Code:
friday.mp3
video.avi
friday.mp3
video.avi
friday.mp3

Edit: Ah I see you talk about smart playlists. The PR fixed static m3us that have mixed content, means: m3u with video and audio stuff mixed as seen above.
Edit2: And perhaps to add the GUI part seems totally broken. If you open the m3u via Music, you only get music and when you do it in Video, only the video. I did it the following: /usr/local/bin/kodi playlist.m3u here it works correctly. But definitely more work is needed.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I had another look and actually started the debugger: http://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/WIN-64/7039/ <- please give this one a test. Now works for me from the gui as well.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch Are there any PR's for this so I can build it locally on Linux and test ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2018-10-07, 08:03)fritsch Wrote: Works for me, tested with this playlist:
Code:
friday.mp3
video.avi
friday.mp3
video.avi
friday.mp3

Edit: Ah I see you talk about smart playlists. The PR fixed static m3us that have mixed content, means: m3u with video and audio stuff mixed as seen above.
Edit2: And perhaps to add the GUI part seems totally broken. If you open the m3u via Music, you only get music and when you do it in Video, only the video. I did it the following: /usr/local/bin/kodi playlist.m3u here it works correctly. But definitely more work is needed. 
 I tested with a m3u playlist, opened from within music.
(2018-10-07, 11:01)black_eagle Wrote: @fritsch Are there any PR's for this so I can build it locally on Linux and test ?

New fix for smartplaylists is https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14535

If you could provide feedback as mixed playlists is not something anyone within the Team seems to use so we're not sure if we catch everything to fix.
Here test-build: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...er-x64.exe

Tell me exactly what you do. And for those jumping in with "smart playlists", I need a step by step howto on what you are doing, so that I can reproduce.
(2018-10-07, 11:53)fritsch Wrote: Here test-build: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...er-x64.exe

Tell me exactly what you do. And for those jumping in with "smart playlists", I need a step by step howto on what you are doing, so that I can reproduce.
 I'll test soon. Is there any advanced logging that I should turn on?

Edit: Download does not work, Chrome says "no file"
Edit 2: Now download works
No - I only want to know what you are doing, so that I can reproduce.
(2018-10-07, 12:00)fritsch Wrote: No - I only want to know what you are doing, so that I can reproduce.
 I just tested these things:
m3u playlist from "music" - all works as expected, no files are omitted, music videos play correctly, music files too
smart playlist from "music" - same, all working as expected
m3u playlist from "video" - contains music files, music videos, tv show episodes and a movie, all working as expected
smart playlist from "video" - contains music files and music videos, all working as expected

Also tested with crossfade on and off for music, no difference. All played well. Looks like it's fixed now.
Thanks for feedback @DarkHelmet.

Perhaps you, or someone, could tell the rest of us how you create a mixed smart playlist. Step by step please, it is a feature I guess I should at least know how to test.
(2018-10-07, 13:04)DaveBlake Wrote: Thanks for feedback @DarkHelmet.

Perhaps you, or someone, could tell the rest of us how you create a mixed smart playlist. Step by step please, it is a feature I guess I should at least know how to test.
 I have not made a new one for a while. Basically I made a smart music playlist and smart video playlist and then another smart playlist that contains these two playlists via a rule.
Thumbs Up 
(2018-10-07, 13:12)DarkHelmet Wrote:
(2018-10-07, 13:04)DaveBlake Wrote: Thanks for feedback @DarkHelmet.

I have not made a new one for a while. Basically I made a smart music playlist and smart video playlist and then another smart playlist that contains these two playlists via a rule. 

That "life-hack" is really great :-)
Thanks @DarkHelmet, of course create a mixed smart playlist by combining video smart playlist and music smart playlist to make a mixed smart playlist. For some reason others think this is a hack, but as far as I can tell it is a designed feature added by Montellese and or J Marshall (both well regarded devs).

Anyway @fritsch has merged those fixes into master, so if any of you would like to give the next nightly further thorough testing with mixed playlists that would be great. But be sure to report any issues, should you find any  (and I hope not), with full details.
I use these kind of mixed playlist for my "top tracks" (playcount bigger than set value) or tracks from genres as examples. Works well, they're automatically kept up to date that way.

I'll test the next nightly and report back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library fetching at load and no visualizations during a mixed playlist0