Solved One Movie in multiple collections
As far as i understand one movie can only be part of one collection.

I would like to request the following funktion: Create somethink like a "alternative collection" wich can be flexible organized, e. g. in assignment of movies, order of display... Not based on the TMDB Info

What i would like to achieve here is heaving e. g. IRON MAN (2008) being part of the Iron Man Collection as well as the (alternative) Collection Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase One (With Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America....)

Would that be possible?
(2018-09-23, 10:57)Reelyator Wrote: Would that be possible?
Sure, "anything is possible" ™. A couple of table schemas in the video database would have to be adapted, as well as a subsequent number of database queries. Plus the necessary work in the Kodi application and GUI, making the 1-movie-in-one-or-many-sets feature possible.

But for now, Kodi 18 is already in Beta, so no new features are to be expected soon. Using smart playlists would be possible alternative for you multiple set needs
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2747927
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-09-23, 11:41)Klojum Wrote: .....But for now, Kodi 18 is already in Beta, so no new features are to be expected soon. Using smart playlists would be possible alternative for you multiple set needs 
Thank you for your quick reply, Klojum!
I fully understand that this will not be implemented within the initial Leia release but maybe still worth adding to the wishlist of the next update;-) ? The Post from Karellen indicates that i would not be the only one appreciating this feature.

And one more thing: How could a smart playlist help me with this problem? From what i understand those are mainly intended for Music. And to my knowledge smart playlists cannot be displayed under Movies...
....Nice approach, Karellen!! Maybe a biit more time consuming than i had hoped. But i will try if i can manage to arrange something similar on my device.
(2018-09-24, 21:35)Reelyator Wrote: ...
And one more thing: How could a smart playlist help me with this problem? From what i understand those are mainly intended for Music. And to my knowledge smart playlists cannot be displayed under Movies...
Smart_playlists (wiki) work for movies too I prefer Video_nodes (wiki) but that is a different conversation. To accomplish what you want you can add tags to all the marvel movies then create a Smart_playlists (wiki) or Video_nodes (wiki) the looks for the tag you created.
I am aware that this is a lot of work, but I think it would be a small effort for the added value that this function would offer.
Well, adding an 1-n relation table to the video database is one thing.
Updating all related SQL queries is another.
And there are the changes to Kodi's GUI for user-friendliness concerning movie sets.

Theoretically it shouldn't be the biggest challenge.
But I'm not a Kodi developer.
Try this... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have finaly solved this through smart playlists and added those as additional categories to the main menue (skin rapier). One Playlist for MCU, one Playlist for Phase 1, Phase 2....
The Phases are displayed as Subcategories and the conditions are set throug filepaths (e.g. MCU/Phase 1/2/the incredible whatsoever.....

This was some work but i am happy with the result, own categories for MCU, DCEU, Star Wars, Star Trek.... all with individual Subcategories (if Required) and individual Wallpapers.

The Movie Collections displayed under Movies are not impacted by this
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One Movie in multiple collections0