• 1(current)
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again, follow the updates here:
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vuplus/commits/master

Hopefully we get the updated version(s) on the Kodi repository too.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2018-10-04, 23:12)Raitsa Wrote: Hopefully we get the updated version(s) on the Kodi repository too.
Timeshift is already available and working, as is recording space available. Auto-Timers should be on latest nightly build, but you need openwebif 1.3.0 for it to work. Huge thanks to @phunkyfish
Happy to help, if you have feedback or feature requests just raise an issue in github 😉
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docs, changelog
How to create a full debug: here
Great work phunkyfish, thank you very much.

Could we have an updated .zip for a manual install?
I seem to have trouble updating the addon manually on two Nvidia Shields, not sure whats happening.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
If you or anyone knows how to generate a zip I’m happy to help.

Bear in mind this was all written on Kodi 18 so no guarantees on earlier versions.
Usually the download zip-option in git works as an installable file but not with this one, I cant get that to install in the latest daily Kodi version on two different Nvidia Shields.

Really hoping to get an updated & installable zip file of this one, me and my friends have been using the old version of this addon in multiple boxes (Shields & NUCs) for a few years now i think.
Last nightly build to include VU+ PVR addon was the 2nd October. Download anything after that date and VU+ is not included for some reason.
The add-on did not compile on Windows, which should be fixed now.
Thanks Ksooo. Much appreciated.
Hi all,

First post and new to Kodi, so please excuse my noob question.

I have a Mecool Android Box running the Android TV OS that I have installed Kodi and the VU+/Enigma2 Client (Version 2.4.12),  I'm really after the timeshifting feature and see in the thread that it is now working.  However I cannot seem to figure out how to install the latest version.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA

Greg
Check if you can update your Kodi version to the latest nightly with this one:

https://kodi.tv/addon/scripts/kodi-android-installer

That way you get the latest Vu+ addon to your Kodi automatically.
@phunkyfish sry to ask here, cant PM you

what does the option chunk size mean in the settings, what can i do with it?

and i got some buffering when stream start on some channels, most channels are fine but some streams before it starts it freeze frame and after some seconds it beginns to buffer for 1 sec and then its working.
Quote:Check if you can update your Kodi version to the latest nightly with this one:

This worked great and I now have timeshift.  Thank you.

A couple of questions:

1. There appears to be no way to fast forward thru a timeshift?  The right arrow just takes you to the end of the timeshift period.
2. On my PVR I can skip backwards and forward thru recordings and timeshift by a predetermined time. eg: Right Arrow 30 secs forward, Up Arrow 3 mins forward, Left Arrow 15 secs backwards.  I guess this sort of thing is not available?
3. In setup for this add-on there are 2 options "On Playback" and "On Pause" in the timeshift section.  What is the difference between the two?

Once again, thanks for your input.

Greg
(2018-10-12, 19:53)m2k1980 Wrote: @phunkyfish sry to ask here, cant PM you

what does the option chunk size mean in the settings, what can i do with it?

and i got some buffering when stream start on some channels, most channels are fine but some streams before it starts it freeze frame and after some seconds it beginns to buffer for 1 sec and then its working.

Hmmm, stream read chunk size is just in what size chunks it reads the stream. The default 0 let’s Kodi decide. I don’t think that would effect buffering. You could try increasing your buffers. You would set that in advanced settings. You would need to look that up in the forums.
(2018-10-13, 01:57)gregeeh Wrote:
Quote:Check if you can update your Kodi version to the latest nightly with this one:

This worked great and I now have timeshift.  Thank you.

A couple of questions:

1. There appears to be no way to fast forward thru a timeshift?  The right arrow just takes you to the end of the timeshift period.
2. On my PVR I can skip backwards and forward thru recordings and timeshift by a predetermined time. eg: Right Arrow 30 secs forward, Up Arrow 3 mins forward, Left Arrow 15 secs backwards.  I guess this sort of thing is not available?
3. In setup for this add-on there are 2 options "On Playback" and "On Pause" in the timeshift section.  What is the difference between the two?

Once again, thanks for your input.

Greg

Hey Greg,

On mine the right arrow skips forward just like playing a normal video file. I mean the right arrow on the remote. So what you describe in point 2 should be available.

On point 3, on pause is only use the time shift buffer when you have paused. I.e. you could only go back/forward if you had paused. On playback is always time shifting so you could go back and watch the last 2 mins (or more) if you missed it.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3