• 3(current)
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
I’m going to backtrack a bit on this, a better solution would be to have OpenWebIf support padding directly. Then there would never be a mismatch.

Let me check with the devs there to see what’s possible.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2018-11-01, 20:33)Dumyat Wrote:
(2018-11-01, 20:22)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2018-11-01, 03:42)Dumyat Wrote:
This would simply be a way to modify the global settings on the STB. You wouldn’t be able to change it per timer it would be set once.

Do you know there is also PVR settings in Kodi that has global padding too?   
No, I didn't know there was a setting in Kodi that has global padding?
So are you proposing to add the same global padding feature to the pvr addon, or leave things as they are now if Kodi already has that feature and it works?

Yes there is. It’s not possible to expose this in the addon as it would be chaos if addons could modify system settings.

The crux of the problem is that Openwebif does not support Sending padding separately only a start and end. Time. See last post
@zehner the latest version of the addon supports custom config for season and episode info, genre ids and mappings etc. That would allow you to add German support if you wish.
Hi phunkyfish

what files do you need?

Last time I've found episode infos for a few episodes (but no season infos), so I could try my regex skills and create a German-ShowInfo.xml

But do we still need a genre mapping file? I've already way too many colors in my epg (even without a mapping file), so I thought it's enough that you channel through the data from OpenWebIf
(2018-11-02, 10:44)zehner Wrote: Hi phunkyfish

what files do you need?

Last time I've found episode infos for a few episodes (but no season infos), so I could try my regex skills and create a German-ShowInfo.xml

But do we still need a genre mapping file? I've already way too many colors in my epg (even without a mapping file), so I thought it's enough that you channel through the data from OpenWebIf

Ya, it was only show info that would be relevant.

Have a go at the show info file and if you get it working or need help let me know.
Hi @phunkyfish
Quick update. So I've now updated my hardware and ended up going for a cheaper zgemma H7 combo box option. Much cheaper by quite a large margin on what I originally had in mind for a new device, so was a bit worried it wouldn't be up to the job. 
Those worries were completely unfounded, as the new zgemma works wonderfully delivering FTA channels for both Freesat and Freeview without a hitch, with lightening fast channel switches and guide data loading very quickly. Genre information being picked up for all Freesat channels, but not for Freeview for some reason. Probably Rytec need to update their Freeview feed to include this data. Love what you have done with the episode info, year and parental rating....works like a charm!  Smile
The E2 client had always been my fav pvr addon for a long time, but is now even better and is definitely my preferred choice for viewing live TV on Kodi.
Thanks again for doing such a great job!
Cheers
(2018-11-16, 13:46)Dumyat Wrote: Hi @phunkyfish
Quick update. So I've now updated my hardware and ended up going for a cheaper zgemma H7 combo box option. Much cheaper by quite a large margin on what I originally had in mind for a new device, so was a bit worried it wouldn't be up to the job. 
Those worries were completely unfounded, as the new zgemma works wonderfully delivering FTA channels for both Freesat and Freeview without a hitch, with lightening fast channel switches and guide data loading very quickly. Genre information being picked up for all Freesat channels, but not for Freeview for some reason. Probably Rytec need to update their Freeview feed to include this data. Love what you have done with the episode info, year and parental rating....works like a charm!  Smile
The E2 client had always been my fav pvr addon for a long time, but is now even better and is definitely my preferred choice for viewing live TV on Kodi.
Thanks again for doing such a great job!
Cheers
 You are very welcome Wink

@Dumyat have you tried using the Freesat and Freeview feeds directly? I find they are far more accurate on genre's, plus you also get radio EPG data which is not supported by Rytec.

Note that not all images support sending genre id with the freesat EPG in OpenWebIf. I know Vix does, not sure about the others.
(2018-11-18, 12:51)phunkyfish Wrote:  You are very welcome Wink

@Dumyat have you tried using the Freesat and Freeview feeds directly? I find they are far more accurate on genre's, plus you also get radio EPG data which is not supported by Rytec.

Note that not all images support sending genre id with the freesat EPG in OpenWebIf. I know Vix does, not sure about the others. 
Well, I must admit it's been a long time since I set up an E2 device from scratch and the last time I did it, I only had satellite. But I sussed it out and got both Freesat and Freeview channels working without too much hassle. I was only interested in getting a few of the Freeview channels (Mostly HD) in addition to the Freesat's channels which all work fine now. At first they didn't work, because Freeview had updated some of frequencies in my region this week, but I got their in the end.
Rather annoyingly, whilst all the HD channels now work on both the STB and in Kodi, the SD channels only seem to work on the STB and not in Kodi. Any thoughts on that?
I'm pretty sure Vix doesn't support Zgemma officially, but maybe there is a third party image available somewhere. Rytec also seem to have a few blank entries, but maybe I can report that on Open Pli.

Update: Just added same SD Freeview channels I tried 3/4 times earlier today and are now working. No idea why they didn't work earlier, but now working fine in Kodi Smile
Have you tried not using Rytec at all?

With the genre changes the embedded EPG feed is pretty good now.
v3.15.0 just released
- Added: Support for Radio Groups
- Added: Create unique list of channels instead of a copy of each channel per group, fixes #101
- Fixed: hdd free space is wrong, fixes #122
- Added: Device Settings - AutoTimer and Padding
- Added: PowerstateMode on exit, fixes #128
- Fixed: Store timer state on update, fixes #131
- Fixed: Updates not occuring at specified time and immediate update on timer event, fixes #130
- Added: Support different update modes for timers and recordings, fixes #125
Apart from any fixes required I expect this will be the last release before the official Leia launch.
Awesome phunkyfish, where can we send beers to?
Your Paypal?
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2018-11-21, 16:27)Raitsa Wrote: Awesome phunkyfish, where can we send beers to?
Your Paypal?

I changed > 20000 lines of pvr core code since Krypton release and have no idea how many code I changed since I joined the project in 2012 and I never got such I nice offer from a user. I must be doing something wrong.

I guess I have to rethink my self promoting strategy. ;-)

Just kidding, no need to send me anything.... Make a donation to the Kodi project if you want to honor what we do.
That’s very nice of you. In fairness without @ksooo I doubt anything I attempted wouldn’t have worked so well, he has taught me a lot. So as the man said, supporting the project would be much appreciated.
(2018-11-21, 15:17)phunkyfish Wrote: Have you tried not using Rytec at all?

With the genre changes the embedded EPG feed is pretty good now.
Yeah, I did try using the Sky epg feed, but got hardly any genre info after downloading the guide. That might have changed if I had left it overnight, as guide updates don't seem to be immediate on this device when passing the data onto Kodi or at least using the Openatv image.

What plugin do you use? Cross epg or epg importer? 
I'm using cross epg at the moment, as that's what I used on my previous device but after reading up on some of the E2 forums it would seem epg importer is more favoured by users these days for some reason.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3