• 4(current)
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
(2018-11-21, 23:00)Dumyat Wrote:
(2018-11-21, 15:17)phunkyfish Wrote: Have you tried not using Rytec at all?

With the genre changes the embedded EPG feed is pretty good now.
Yeah, I did try using the Sky epg feed, but got hardly any genre info after downloading the guide. That might have changed if I had left it overnight, as guide updates don't seem to be immediate on this device when passing the data onto Kodi or at least using the Openatv image.

What plugin do you use? Cross epg or epg importer? 
I'm using cross epg at the moment, as that's what I used on my previous device but after reading up on some of the E2 forums it would seem epg importer is more favoured by users these days for some reason.

So what I mean is I use neither crossepg or epg importer. Cross epg applies the sky feed (OpenTV). Instead I have both of those disabled and I enable the Freesat and EIT (for freeview) grabbers in the EPG settings. You need to leave it for 30 minutes on a channel as it builds the EPG up incrementally. The feed is sent with every channel. The nice thing with this is that if there are late changes to the EPG you get them continuously.

Enigma2 support many grabbers natively, but does not support Sky, hence why a lot of sky users will use CrossEPG and this is originally what it was created for. EpgImport was created to support Rytec. Later on Rytec support was added to CrossEpg.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
I have a problem with launching the TV manager after updating the addon to version 3.15.0. The 0% information hangs on me and nothing happens. I will add that I use Kodi on android. How can I run it?
I’ve had a report from another user too. What E2 image are you using, version and OpenWebIf version?

A debug log would be great too.

Thanks

You should be able to downgrade to the old version from the addon settings screen. Previous version is 3.14.x
(2018-11-22, 00:02)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2018-11-21, 15:17)phunkyfish Wrote:  
So what I mean is I use neither crossepg or epg importer. Cross epg applies the sky feed (OpenTV). Instead I have both of those disabled and I enable the Freesat and EIT (for freeview) grabbers in the EPG settings. You need to leave it for 30 minutes on a channel as it builds the EPG up incrementally. The feed is sent with every channel. The nice thing with this is that if there are late changes to the EPG you get them continuously.

Enigma2 support many grabbers natively, but does not support Sky, hence why a lot of sky users will use CrossEPG and this is originally what it was created for. EpgImport was created to support Rytec. Later on Rytec support was added to CrossEpg.    
Ok, thanks for clarifying the difference in the plugins. That's good to know.
I un-installed both of these plugins late last night, changed the epg settings to enable Freesat and EIT only and disabled the Rytec genre setting on the PVR addon in Kodi. This morning I've checked the guide and have no genre info on any channel. Out of my 118 channels across 8 channel groups, 36 channels have no programme or guide info. Worst offenders seem to Music, News and +1 channels.
I'm pretty sure I set things up as you had suggested at the E2 end, but clearly there must be something fairly basic I'm either not doing or fully understanding still.

Update: Think the blank epg entries were caused by the E2 not picking them up. But if I channel surfed through the channels, epg data was then collected and all but a couple are now appearing in Kodi, but still genre info.

Also updated to latest version of addon (3.15) this morning and wouldn't load any channels. Deleted this version from and re-added version (3.14) and everything working again. Will post a debug later.....
Same here...
(2018-11-22, 00:30)max95100 Wrote: I have a problem with launching the TV manager after updating the addon to version 3.15.0. The 0% information hangs on me and nothing happens. I will add that I use Kodi on android. How can I run it?
 Same here... With 3.14 all fine...
(2018-11-22, 10:31)Dumyat Wrote:
(2018-11-22, 00:02)phunkyfish Wrote:

Ok, thanks for clarifying the difference in the plugins. That's good to know.
I un-installed both of these plugins late last night, changed the epg settings to enable Freesat and EIT only and disabled the Rytec genre setting on the PVR addon in Kodi. This morning I've checked the guide and have no genre info on any channel. Out of my 118 channels across 8 channel groups, 36 channels have no programme or guide info. Worst offenders seem to Music, News and +1 channels.
I'm pretty sure I set things up as you had suggested at the E2 end, but clearly there must be something fairly basic I'm either not doing or fully understanding still.

Update: Think the blank epg entries were caused by the E2 not picking them up. But if I channel surfed through the channels, epg data was then collected and all but a couple are now appearing in Kodi, but still genre info.

Also updated to latest version of addon (3.15) this morning and wouldn't load any channels. Deleted this version from and re-added version (3.14) and everything working again. Will post a debug later..... 
You need to change channels for it to start reading the EPG, one freesat channel for 30 mins and one freeview should do it.
On the issues with 3.15.0 please do post a pastebinit. I might need someone to provide their settings.xml and the content of some API calls to be able to reproduce. Unfortunately it does not happen on my current set up.
How can I help? Where can I download the 3.14.0 Version? In Kodi, there's only the 3.15.0.
I habe a VU+Uno4k with VTI Image. The Image is up to date.
I m using 2xShield TV and 1xFireTV Stick 4k , all with Kodi 18 RC1.
If you go to the addon settings and click update you should be allowed to select the version of the addon. Just choose 3.14.0
(2018-11-22, 16:31)ultrax Wrote: How can I help? Where can I download the 3.14.0 Version? In Kodi, there's only the 3.15.0.
I habe a VU+Uno4k with VTI Image. The Image is up to date.
 Can you post a pastebinit of your debug log please?

If you ssh onto your box and run 
bash:
cat kodi.log | pastebinit
 from your log directory after a restart in debug mode and post the resulting link here.

You settings.xml (userdata/addon_data/pvr.vuplus/settings.xml) file would be useful too. Please remove any username or password first if you use them.
(2018-11-22, 16:57)phunkyfish Wrote: If you go to the addon settings and click update you should be allowed to select the version of the addon. Just choose 3.14.0
No, the 3.14.0 is not to choose... I copy the Files from my Backup to Kodi, its running now. So I can't do a log.

Here are my settings:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<settings version="2"><setting id="autoconfig" default="true">false</setting><setting id="enableautotimers" default="true">true</setting><setting id="enablegenrepeattimers" default="true">true</setting><setting id="enabletimeshift" default="true">0</setting><setting id="extracteventinfo" default="true">false</setting><setting id="extractshowinfoenabled" default="true">false</setting><setting id="extractshowinfofile" default="true">special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.vuplus/showInfo/English-ShowInfo.xml</setting><setting id="genreidmapenabled" default="true">false</setting><setting id="genreidmapfile" default="true">special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.vuplus/genres/genreIdMappings/Sky-UK.xml</setting><setting id="host">192.168.178.30</setting><setting id="iconpath">smb://VUUNO4K/rootfs/usr/share/enigma2/Picons/</setting><setting id="keepfolders" default="true">false</setting><setting id="logmissinggenremapping" default="true">false</setting><setting id="numgenrepeattimers" default="true">1</setting><setting id="onegroup">Favourites (TV)</setting><setting id="onlinepicons">false</setting><setting id="onlycurrent" default="true">false</setting><setting id="onlyonegroup">true</setting><setting id="pass" default="true"/><setting id="prependoutline" default="true">0</setting><setting id="readtimeout" default="true">0</setting><setting id="recordingpath" default="true"/><setting id="rytecgenretextmapenabled" default="true">false</setting><setting id="rytecgenretextmapfile" default="true">special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.vuplus/genres/genreRytecTextMappings/Rytec-UK-Ireland.xml</setting><setting id="setpowerstate" default="true">false</setting><setting id="streamport" default="true">8001</setting><setting id="streamreadchunksize" default="true">0</setting><setting id="timerlistcleanup">true</setting><setting id="timeshiftbufferpath">special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.vuplus</setting><setting id="updateint">60</setting><setting id="use_login_stream" default="true">false</setting><setting id="use_secure" default="true">false</setting><setting id="use_secure_stream" default="true">false</setting><setting id="usepiconseuformat" default="true">false</setting><setting id="user" default="true"/><setting id="webport" default="true">80</setting><setting id="zap" default="true">false</setting></settings>
I think I've found the issue. v3.15.1 should be out once the PR has been approved.
You are the Best, nice Job and great addon. Thanks!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3