• 23(current)
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
(2019-02-23, 00:41)ksooo Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 23:20)phunkyfish Wrote: Why not something like this instead:

Code:

<label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration(h)]h$INFO[ListItem.Duration(m)]m</label>

I remember reading something about this being supported a few years back when I briefly messed about with skins.

Yeah I added support for different time format strings for several listitems for Leia, exactly to overcome the ugly workarounds used by Dumyat and others. Maybe you should give this a go. Search for the skinning engine changes thread in this forum for the details.

So it was your post Wink
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2019-02-23, 01:17)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2019-02-23, 00:41)ksooo Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 23:20)phunkyfish Wrote: Why not something like this instead:

Code:

<label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration(h)]h$INFO[ListItem.Duration(m)]m</label>

I remember reading something about this being supported a few years back when I briefly messed about with skins.

Yeah I added support for different time format strings for several listitems for Leia, exactly to overcome the ugly workarounds used by Dumyat and others. Maybe you should give this a go. Search for the skinning engine changes thread in this forum for the details. 

So it was your post Wink 
Will gladly try the new time infolabels as suggested. 
Agree. Code was not the best or prettiest solution, but the fact remains it had been working fine until recently. It also remains a mystery why the exact same code should work fine on one screen, but not another. But clearly it's not an issue, so I won't raise it as one.
(2019-02-23, 02:44)Dumyat Wrote:
(2019-02-23, 01:17)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2019-02-23, 00:41)ksooo Wrote: Yeah I added support for different time format strings for several listitems for Leia, exactly to overcome the ugly workarounds used by Dumyat and others. Maybe you should give this a go. Search for the skinning engine changes thread in this forum for the details. 

So it was your post Wink  
Will gladly try the new time infolabels as suggested. 
Agree. Code was not the best or prettiest solution, but the fact remains it had been working fine until recently. It also remains a mystery why the exact same code should work fine on one screen, but not another. But clearly it's not an issue, so I won't raise it as one. 
 What you have now is a cleaner way to implement what you want (but it probably won't fix the issue). I still think there's an issue somewhere that is causing this we just need to dig a bit to find out what it is.

The next time you see this can you note down: 1) The duration of the previous show, the show in question and the show afterwards?
(2019-02-23, 10:42)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2019-02-23, 01:17)phunkyfish Wrote:  What you have now is a cleaner way to implement what you want (but it probably won't fix the issue). I still think there's an issue somewhere that is causing this we just need to dig a bit to find out what it is.
The next time you see this can you note down: 1) The duration of the previous show, the show in question and the show afterwards?    
Okay. First I need to change the duration code and see what difference (if any) that makes. 
Probably an idea to see how things go over the next few days after making the change. If things remain the same, then I'll report back.
(2019-02-23, 17:05)Dumyat Wrote:
Okay. First I need to change the duration code and see what difference (if any) that makes. 
Probably an idea to see how things go over the next few days after making the change. If things remain the same, then I'll report back.

If I remember correctly you use freesat right? I do too so as you see entries that are off post here with channel and time and I can check here too.
(2019-02-23, 19:11)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2019-02-23, 17:05)Dumyat Wrote:
If I remember correctly you use freesat right? I do too so as you see entries that are off post here with channel and time and I can check here too.   
Yeah, I'm using mainly Freesat channels. 
I've reverted back from using EIT guide data earlier this week, as no genre info with that data. Anyway, the same issue existed using that option as well, but was worth a try. If I spot anything, I'll let you know, particularly if it's something I spot sometime during the day that's broadcasting in the evening.
@phunkyfish 

On my setup a strange issue appeared. I am using
1. a Win10 PC with a portable Kodi 17.6 and the vu+ addon
2. the same Win10 PC with a portable Kodi 18 and the Enigma2 addon
3. a s905x Box with libreelec 8.? and the vu+ addon
4. a s905x box with Android, Kodi 17.6 (internal memory) and the vu+ addon
5. the same s905x box with coreelec 9.? on a SD Card and the Enigma 2 addon

I am using a dreambox 800 hd se as Server for the vu+ and Enigma2 addons.
Only one client is accessing the dreambox at a time.

When I use the coreelec box with the Enigma2 plugin, the dreambox is unusable. It is extremely slow, button presses are recognized after 3 Minutes. Watching TV  (via TV) is not possible because of extreme lags, also streaming is not possible. The issue also occurs, when I dont use the Enigma2 addon for streaming (eg watching movies stored on my server). It can only be solved by disabling the Enigma2 addon or turning off the correelec box.

First I thought, that coreelec is the problem, but according to this https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...post514592 post, the issue also occurs with Win10 and the Enigma2 addon.
Are you running OpenWebIf or another WebIf plug-in?

How many channels have you loaded into kodi? You should disable the last scanned bouquet under the addon settings if you don’t use it.

You should post a full debug log too.

Also, can you repro with LibreElec? There is no testing done on CoreElec I’m afraid.

Last question, with which version of the addon did this start to happen?
I am not usign Openwebif. I am using the default webif of newnigma.

I am only scanning one bouquet, which has about 100 channels.

I tried to reproduce the issue to provide a log. But up to now I couldnt reproduce thr issue. I'll keep on watching and logging.

I'll try to setup a fresh libreelec with your addon. My problem is, that i can only test LE on a s905x box. As far as I know, LE9 is a bit buggy on s905x boxes...

Addon version: 3.16.22 from the coreelec repo
It might be that it’s occurring during an EPG update only. Try setting a short interval for EPG updates in kodi pvr settings and see does that make it happen more. You can also enable prevent epg updates on playback if that is your issue.

If you have a raspberry pi that will run LibreElec.

Just so I understand this. It only happens on CoreElec but never happens with Windows for you?
Also if you are running a dreambox you really should be on 3.17.0 of the addon. There were a number of dreambox fixes in that release.
Ok, so the variable I was using on the guide screen seemed to be issue.
I spotted loads of wrong durations earlier today, but then realised I hadn't remembered to change the code to the revised listitem label. When I did, everything worked as expected. Don't ask me why, because I have absolutely no clue why a variable I've had in place for months suddenly stopped working on that particular screen and why it continues to work without issue on the PVR programme Info screen.....Just one of those many Kodi mysteries I guess!
Anyway, I'm certainly not going to complain about having a much cleaner and more efficient approach!  Smile  Credit to yourself and Ksooo for the suggestion.
Cheers
The issue didnt occour on my win10 pc, but in another forum a user reported this issue on a win10 pc.

I set the refresh intervall for recordings to 60 mins and the update for epg to 2 days. After that the issue didnt occour again, but i'll keep watching.

I'll try 3.17.0 asap

Thanks!
(2019-02-26, 01:33)Dumyat Wrote: Ok, so the variable I was using on the guide screen seemed to be issue.
I spotted loads of wrong durations earlier today, but then realised I hadn't remembered to change the code to the revised listitem label. When I did, everything worked as expected. Don't ask me why, because I have absolutely no clue why a variable I've had in place for months suddenly stopped working on that particular screen and why it continues to work without issue on the PVR programme Info screen.....Just one of those many Kodi mysteries I guess!
Anyway, I'm certainly not going to complain about having a much cleaner and more efficient approach!  Smile  Credit to yourself and Ksooo for the suggestion.
Cheers

You’re very welcome. The credit is all for @ksooo
(2019-02-26, 09:17)Momo90 Wrote: The issue didnt occour on my win10 pc, but in another forum a user reported this issue on a win10 pc.

I set the refresh intervall for recordings to 60 mins and the update for epg to 2 days. After that the issue didnt occour again, but i'll keep watching.

I'll try 3.17.0 asap

Thanks!

There is also an option in the addon’s settings to set a delay before each channel update. This would help reduce the load on the E2 device during EPG updates which are the most intensive operations.

When the addon changes to use async EPG a lot of this will be built in by default so you won’t need to configure it.

You should also note that on startup the addon will always update the EPG about a minute after starting. Then it would not update it again for 2 days. Just to be aware in case you see the issue just after boot you just need to wait for this to complete.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3