• 33(current)
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
@Dumyat, are you also seeing the issue on x64 Windows?

V3 should be Leia, V4 should be Matrix.

Also checked the release tags in case I made a mistake with them but they look correct.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Updating Leia on MacOS works as expected.
@Rechi, this looks to only be affecting x64 windows. For some reason Leia is trying to update to the Matrix binary addon for pvr.vuplus.

I’ve rechecked the releases but they look to be correct.

Essentially the update should be going to v3.26.0 for Leia but instead it’s going to v4.4.0.

Any ideas?
Yeah, I'm on x64 Windows 10 Pro
Same problem here.
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vuplus/issues/234
@phunkyfish
Not sure if you're still using the Vix image, but I downloaded the latest version last night. They now have a new system plugin 'Radio Times EPG Emulator'. It works with the EPG importer plugin. The guide data is exceptional and all the genres are labelled correctly, ie Movies listed as 'Movie - Thriller' or 'Movie - Sci-Fi' for instance. Entertainment listed as 'Entertainment - Drama' or 'Entertainment - Talk Show'. So it seems to give you genre type, followed by the actual programme genre.....Perfect!  Smile
Screen captures from openwebif:-
ImageImage

Yeah, I was quite pleased, until I checked my guide data in Kodi and saw that none of these new genres are appearing anywhere. My genres are getting returned as Unknown/other in Kodi at the moment. The genre info is included as part of the programme description. Is it easy enough to write a genre translation file like you did for Rytec/Sky, but for these new Radio Times genres? If I knew where to get the info, I could probably prepare a file for inclusion in the addon if you haven't got time.

Check out the plugin when you have a moment. More info here: https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/...-emulator/
Cheers
Very cool, yes, you should be able to write a mapping file no problem. Tricky part is figuring out the right mappings. Just follow the readme.

Does it just support freesat?
Yes, must support Freesat, as my STB is showing them all.

I found a theme file in the plugin directory that seems to list all the source ID's for each genre and how they appear on my STB. So, for example 0xc9=Movie - Thriller. 
I presumed it was just a case of writing a genre mapping file for these new ID's and naming the file something different (Radiotimes for instance). So using the above example, it should be configured like this?
php:
<mapping sourceId="0xC9">0x11</mapping> <!-- Movie - Thriller -->

I tried this format for 3 of the movie genres as a quick tester, but still no coloured genres on the epg.
There's something odd going on as well with the 'Long Description' option on the EPG Importer plugin. Mine is currently set to 7 days and I see both the genre and programme description on the STB, but on Kodi I'm only seeing the description (ie no genre). However, if I reduce the amount of days for this option (2 days as an example), Kodi then shows the description, but no genre for the first 2 days. It then shows just the genre for last 5 days (ie no description). 

Maybe give it a try yourself at some point when you have the time and you will see what I mean. 
Cheers

EDIT: Okay, so these genres seem to use 'Outline' (Sub title). I never normally use that option, but once I enabled it, genres all appeared in Kodi. Unfortunately, still no coloured genres so not sure if you are able to do anything with that?
Ya, if it uses genre ids then there is one mapping format (id based), otherwise its text based. Just look at the EPG options in addon settings. The readme will also explain how it works.

Do you have a sample of the data imported from the OpenWebIf EPG api call? That would tell you which type you need.
As far as I can see, I've followed the guidelines for creating a new file correctly. I made a copy of the Sky-UK.xml located in the genreIdMappings folder of the addon. I then renamed this file to Radiotimes-uk and changed the mapper name to 'Radiotimes-UK'. I then went down the list and changed everything to '<!-- Undefined -->' to have a completely clean file to work with.

I then located 3 genres from the plugin directory to test:-
0xc6=Movie - Drama
0xc8=Movie - Sci-Fi
0xc9=Movie - Thriller

Then going back to my newly created genre file, I located these genre ID's and just changed the '<!-- Undefined -->' to what they are saying above. Then I chose my new file in the addon settings. Is this right way to config things? If so, the coloured genres and genre label on the guide screen are not working.
What's maddening is the last genre ID listed above (0xc9) is recorded as being 'Detective/Thriller' on the original Sky-UK genre file and I've definitely seen that in my guide previously.
Where would I get a sample of the data imported from the OpenWebIf EPG api call? Do mean a screen capture? I suspect not though.....
Clearly, I'm missing something fairly simple here, because I thought this would be dead easy to do. Will take another look later or maybe tomorrow.
So put something like this in a browser, substituting the sRef value (on my receveiver that's BBC One NI HD):

http://<your-ip>/web/epgservice?sRef=1:0:19:1B1F:802:2:11A0000:0:0:0

or 

http://<your-ip>/api/epgservice?sRef=1:0:19:1B1F:802:2:11A0000:0:0:0

to see the output in JSON.
Also, please attach the genre file you created.
Aha.....Got it  Smile
Here's an extract of my movie group. New genre is being put in <e2eventdescription>, but e2eventgenre id are all blank.

php:
<e2event> <e2eventid>62016</e2eventid>
<e2eventstart>1562702400</e2eventstart>
<e2eventduration>8700</e2eventduration>
<e2eventcurrenttime>1562692568</e2eventcurrenttime>
<e2eventtitle>Sicario</e2eventtitle>
<e2eventdescription>Movie - Thriller</e2eventdescription>
<e2eventdescriptionextended>(2015) Summer of Action: Violent thriller with Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin. An FBI agent takes part in a mission to disrupt a brutal Mexican drug cartel. Strong language.</e2eventdescriptionextended> <e2eventservicereference>1:0:1:2404:7F9:2:11A0000:0:0:0</e2eventservicereference>
<e2eventservicename>Film4</e2eventservicename>
<e2eventgenre id="0"/> </e2event>

My genre file attached below. Have also included the genre id file for the radio times emulator:-

https://mega.nz/#!FK5wQKoB!GNJEOZg707yLJ...mK9_ZEftig
Ok, so it doesn't use Genre IDs at all you need to use some kind of genre text mappings. There is one implemented for Rytec which assumes the the genre text is in between square brackets. Assuming support was added for RadioTimes where a field is dedicated to genre text then you would need to do something like this:

Create a file like Rytec-UK-Ireland.xml, except it's a radio times version.

Code:

<genreTextMappings>
<mapperName>Rytec UK/Ireland</mapperName>
<mappings>
<!-- MOVIE/DRAMA -->
<mapping targetId="0x10">General Movie/Drama</mapping> <!-- 0x10 Movie/Drama -->
<mapping targetId="0x10">Film</mapping> <!-- 0x10 Movie/Drama -->
<mapping targetId="0x10">Animated Movie/Drama</mapping> <!-- 0x10 Movie/Drama -->
<mapping targetId="0x11">Thriller</mapping> <!-- 0x11 Detective/Thriller -->
<mapping targetId="0x11">Detective/Thriller</mapping> <!-- 0x11 Detective/Thriller -->
<mapping targetId="0x12">Action</mapping> <!-- 0x12 Adventure/Western/War -->
<mapping targetId="0x12">Adventure</mapping> <!-- 0x12 Adventure/Western/War -->
<mapping targetId="0x12">Adventure/War</mapping> <!-- 0x12 Adventure/Western/War -->
<mapping targetId="0x12">Western</mapping> <!-- 0x12 Adventure/Western/War -->
<mapping targetId="0x12">Gangster</mapping> <!-- 0x12 Adventure/Western/War -->

In the above snippet you will see the first 3 items all map to targetId 0x10 (which is the kodi genre Movie/Drama), this is the ID that kodi understands. If the addon finds the text "General Movie/Drama" or "Film" or "Animated Movie/Drama" they will all get mapped to this ID. Make sense?

But please note that as it stands today the above method will not work for radio times without additional coding.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3