• 26(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2019-01-09, 20:45)noggin Wrote:
(2019-01-09, 20:19)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks for validating the kind of results I’m getting. No idea what iperf was, until now, and how to install on Synology.
 It's the low-to-mid 500Mbs that I'm struggling to understand - as USB 2.0 has a max throughput of 480Mbs at the USB level, ignoring any overheads. 
 Agreed.   It's impossible to transfer >= 480Mbps on usb 2.0 interface.   If a test says so then the test is wrong.

Low->Mid 300s is another story.
As I noted, the low to mid-500Mbps were results from fast.com using the Fire TV web browser app. For bitrate from network share, 300-400Mbps clips are working fine wired. Still seems odd though that I can get 500Mbps+ via the same Ethernet adapter setup for Internet speeds.
(2019-01-09, 22:03)hdmkv Wrote: As I noted, the low to mid-500Mbps were results from fast.com using the Fire TV web browser app. For bitrate from network share, 300-400Mbps clips are working fine wired. Still seems odd though that I can get 500Mbps+ via the same Ethernet adapter setup for Internet speeds.
 What we are trying to say is that getting 500Mbps+ over a wired ethernet adapter plugged into a usb 2.0 port is impossible.   Cannot happen ever.

I'm not saying you aren't seeing that in the app.   If that's the case I'm saying the test is flawed in some way.

The test and results from FoxForceFive is inline with expectations for approximate best case scenario. (Thanks for sharing FoxForceFive).
Refresh rate switching to 23.9 fps seems broken on Kodi Leia RC4.

Video runs slower and noticeable judder

Can anyone else confirm or is there a fix?
@dwalme, I get it. Bottom line, all UHD and high bitrate videos are playing w/o issue over wired.
(2019-01-09, 20:19)hdmkv Wrote: No idea what iperf was, until now, and how to install on Synology.
 I used these pre-build packages for my DS412+: http://www.jadahl.com/iperf-arp-scan/
You can also install it within a docker container though: https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?t=115257

On the OSMC forum they have a short How-To, also maybe handy: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/how-to-check...ith-iperf3

GL Smile
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
Quick questions for the experts.

I have been using the Shield for a number of years now and im just wondering how this stacks up against it. Reading the specs on the first post against the amazon page there is a bit of confusion if this actually passes through atmos?

I mainly use MRMC, Plex, Netflix and Amazon so shield does seem to be ok however I know it has downsides but the fire stick seems to have covered all the display "issues" but seems to not to cover all the audio aspects that shield has...is that right?
Keep the Shield; it has no equal. FTV 4K Stick only passes DD+ with JOC (Joint Object Coding), found in web streaming titles like ‘Jack Ryan’. It can’t pass ATMOS found in Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray.

For home theater enthusiasts, FTV is a good secondary device IMO.
Are you having any luck with getting refresh rate to switch and play smoothly in Kodi 18 RC4?
Yes, refresh, resolution and color space switching are all working well w/latest Kodi and Shield 7.2.2 test images.
After reading for hours here I think I have a solution to my TrueHD passthrough settings. Can anyone confirm for me if I set:
Speakers to 5.1 (I don't have 7)
Turn off transcoding.
Turn off Dolby and DTS buttons too.
It will send PCM to my Denon x3300 receiver of 5.1 TrueHD? Or do I need to set 7.1 even though I don't have 7 speakers?

Also, later this year I'm adding Atmos speakers, is there a way to get Kodi to output PCM for Atmos?

I hope I'm not asking something that's already discussed,
thanks,
What version of Kodi are you using?

I'm getting stuttering on 23.94 fps videos.

This was on RC4 Kodi 18

Do I need to select anything?
What version of Kodi are you using?

This was on RC4 Kodi 18

(2019-01-10, 21:39)LukeHansford Wrote: What version of Kodi are you using?

This was on RC4 Kodi 18

Does your TV definitely support 23.94 fps?
So I got that Anker usb gogabit adapter everyone is raving about and still got only 40mbps to my NAS... Just insane really. Step by step I removed portions of the network to see where i lose speed: iperf to the first router via wired shows 300mbps (great), adding powerline adapters that connect another router in the next room brings that down to 70mbps (although powerline adapters are syncing at over 1000mbps, being rated 2000mbps), further if add gigagate to another floor where NAS is I get it down to 40mbps. Not a single portion of the network is that slow, yet its just not working for me. I could even understand if that amount of steps is just slowing it down with some sort of compatibility issue (or some sort of MTU problem), but wirelessly I get over 200mbps using the same first router as AP. I just don't get it. I'm getting very close to giving up on 4K stuff...
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3