• 27(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
I have a Sony Bravia XD8088 4K TV.

Do not all modern TVs supper 23.93?

When HDMI changes framerate it displays 1080/24p

What setting is best if it does not support it?
(2019-01-11, 00:31)LukeHansford Wrote: I have a Sony Bravia XD8088 4K TV.

Do not all modern TVs supper 23.93?

When HDMI changes framerate it displays 1080/24p

What setting is best if it does not support it?

According to this https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung...0.2053098/

Your tv doesn’t support proper 24p output.

You may be able to tinker with the motion settings and find something that looks ok.

My solution to this problem is disabling refresh rate matching, setting the output to 50hz and enabling “sync playback to display”. This speeds 24p content up to 25fps and plays back beautifully albeit 4% faster than intended and you lose audio pass through capability.

Note that I do this on intel hardware so not sure if/how well it works on the fire sticks. If you’re interested please test it and let me know Smile.
These are the specs

https://www.sony.ie/electronics/televisi...ifications

1080p(30, 50, 60Hz), 1080/24p

Thats what my TV supports so does that mean it does support 24p?

What should kodi be set to?
I just picked up the following adaptor recommended in this thread: UGREEN Ethernet Adapter - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LLUEJFU/

My question is, once I've connected my ethernet cable into the ethernet port, do I have to plug the USB cable that comes out the other end of the UGreen into the Fire Stick (ie via an OTG cable)?  If not, can I plug that USB cable into the plug that came with the Fire Stick and then connect a USB cable from one of the three USB ports on the side of the UGreen into the Fire stick? 

Essentially, I'm wondering which of the 4 possible USB connections coming off of the UGreen are able to carry the ethernet signal.
(2019-01-11, 04:38)ciphercipher Wrote: I just picked up the following adaptor recommended in this thread: UGREEN Ethernet Adapter - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LLUEJFU/

My question is, once I've connected my ethernet cable into the ethernet port, do I have to plug the USB cable that comes out the other end of the UGreen into the Fire Stick (ie via an OTG cable)?  If not, can I plug that USB cable into the plug that came with the Fire Stick and then connect a USB cable from one of the three USB ports on the side of the UGreen into the Fire stick? 

Essentially, I'm wondering which of the 4 possible USB connections coming off of the UGreen are able to carry the ethernet signal.

You need to plug the USB plug on the cable from the U-Green adaptor into an OTG adaptor, along with the Amazon power supply connection.
@hdmkv Curious as to how the Inateck adapter handles powering the hub & Firestick at the same time, I see the Ugreen one has a 5v power jack. Have you been using storage or other peripherals on that thing?
(2019-01-10, 02:08)LukeHansford Wrote: Refresh rate switching to 23.9 fps seems broken on Kodi Leia RC4.

Video runs slower and noticeable judder

Can anyone else confirm or is there a fix?
 Yes, same here. This actually worked with the original FireTV stick, but it doesn't work with the 4K stick. Well, the switching works, but video playback doesn't. You should select 59.94Hz until Amazon fixes the problem.
(2019-01-10, 21:27)MychaelP Wrote: After reading for hours here I think I have a solution to my TrueHD passthrough settings. Can anyone confirm for me if I set:
Speakers to 5.1 (I don't have 7)
Turn off transcoding.
Turn off Dolby and DTS buttons too.
It will send PCM to my Denon x3300 receiver of 5.1 TrueHD? Or do I need to set 7.1 even though I don't have 7 speakers?

Also, later this year I'm adding Atmos speakers, is there a way to get Kodi to output PCM for Atmos?
 Either 5.1 or 7.1 Kodi setting will work (assuming you have a 7.1 AVR with 5.1 speakers). If you have a 7.1 AVR with 7.1 speakers, you should select 5.1 only, because 7.1 is messed up on the FireTV sticks (side/rear channels are reversed). Hope that isn't too confusing. :-)

There are impediments to decoding Atmos. No open source decoder exists. No AVR accepts PCM beyond 7.1. So, it's not possible right now.
(2019-01-11, 01:16)LukeHansford Wrote: These are the specs

https://www.sony.ie/electronics/televisi...ifications

1080p(30, 50, 60Hz), 1080/24p

Thats what my TV supports so does that mean it does support 24p?

What should kodi be set to?
My set also supports 24fps & not 23.9fps.

I made sure to whitelist 24fps & not 23.9 fps & it plays with no noticeable skipping or issues.
(2019-01-11, 13:52)dahyippur Wrote: @hdmkv Curious as to how the Inateck adapter handles powering the hub & Firestick at the same time, I see the Ugreen one has a 5v power jack. Have you been using storage or other peripherals on that thing?
No issues. I also have dongle for Logitech K400 keyboard & a Nintendo Switch Joy-Con charging dock station connected to the Inateck adapter/hub. For power, I'm using the FTV's own power adapter/plug.
Does that mean it will not switch resolutions when you playing almost every file.

Aren't all TV shows and movies in the 23.9 fps format?.

Does that mean they will play at 59.9?

What resolution and refresh rate do you have your Kodi display settings set to ?.

I have the firestick settings set to auto 4k and 1080p 59.9 fps in Kodi settings.
(2019-01-11, 14:36)Luke M Wrote:
(2019-01-10, 21:27)MychaelP Wrote:  
 Either 5.1 or 7.1 Kodi setting will work (assuming you have a 7.1 AVR with 5.1 speakers). If you have a 7.1 AVR with 7.1 speakers, you should select 5.1 only, because 7.1 is messed up on the FireTV sticks (side/rear channels are reversed). Hope that isn't too confusing. :-)

There are impediments to decoding Atmos. No open source decoder exists. No AVR accepts PCM beyond 7.1. So, it's not possible right now. 
Thanks, I'll give it a  try this weekend. I was concerned by setting 5.1 speakers it would send over just the "core" tracks and not the HD track. thanks again
(2019-01-11, 09:48)noggin Wrote:
(2019-01-11, 04:38)ciphercipher Wrote: I just picked up the following adaptor recommended in this thread: UGREEN Ethernet Adapter - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LLUEJFU/

You need to plug the USB plug on the cable from the U-Green adaptor into an OTG adaptor, along with the Amazon power supply connection. 
Hi Noggin, 

Just to clarify, only that single USB cable that is part of the UGreen adaptor will be able to carry the ethernet signal to the Firestick and none of the three USB hub ports, with a USB cable attached, would be able to do this.

Also, what do you mean by "along with the Amazon power supply connection"?
(2019-01-08, 00:48)Hitcher Wrote:
(2019-01-07, 19:33)Wagg Wrote: Anyone get Dolby Vision encoded video to play back properly through Kodi? I haven't figured it out.
It's not supported yet but it is on the to-do list.  
 Great! I'd love to be able to play DV content from the Netflix Inputstream add-on through it. That way we'd at least get proper resolution/refresh rate playback.
(2019-01-11, 21:12)ciphercipher Wrote:
(2019-01-11, 09:48)noggin Wrote:

Hi Noggin, 

Just to clarify, only that single USB cable that is part of the UGreen adaptor will be able to carry the ethernet signal to the Firestick and none of the three USB hub ports, with a USB cable attached, would be able to do this.

No - USB ports don't work like that - you would be running them 'backwards'. The Ethernet adaptor and hub needs to be connected to the Fire TV Stick by the USB cable attached to the adaptor.

Quote:Also, what do you mean by "along with the Amazon power supply connection"? 

An OTG adaptor has three connections. Usually these are a Micro USB power input (which you use to connect the USB PSU that comes with your Fire TV Stick), a Micro USB OTG output (which you plug into the Fire TV Stick) and a USB Type A socket, into which you plug the USB device you want to connect to the Fire TV Stick (e.g. your Ethernet+USB hub combo)
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3