• 35(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
Does anyone use the 4K stick for Hi Res Audio?
The reason I ask is that that the 4K can do Flac 24-bit at 48kHz, but it can do PCM 24-bit at 96kHz.
Hey guys what audio offset are ppl using in kodi? I am just using stereo setting on firestick with match frame rate turned off.
I use Ahead by 0.3 sec. on my fire TV 3 and stick 4K
Two questions guys before i rebuy this stick:

1) Is 1080p frameswitching working in the new version.
2) Is 4K frameswitching working without heavy artefacts and 3:2 pulldown?

In Kodi 18.1 or mrmc? Would help me a lot if some people could test that.
Does somebody use the Fire TV Stick with Kodi Leia 18.1 to view picture slideshows? I have a feeling nobody really tests this:

1.) Pushing the "Play" Button on the Fire Remote in a pictures folder only works once, if you get back and try again from another folder (or the same folder), the play button does nothing. This stays until you restart Kodi completely.
2.) During a picture slideshow, one can press the "Play" button (which is a combined Play/Pause toggle button on the fire remote, at least this is how it should work) to Pause the slideshow, but there is no way to resume it, the Play button is not working.

No need to say this all worked flawlessly in 17.x, so I wonder if anybody tests this kind of stuff, or am I the only one noticing?
(2019-02-26, 17:01)alekseyzimin Wrote: I use Ahead by 0.3 sec. on my fire TV 3 and stick 4K
That's too much for mine. I'm ranging between 175ms to 200ms but I keep adjusting it all the time, it doesn't wander in and out I'm picky lol.
Need a little help getting the device onto a wired network. I have a Fire TV Stick 4K with what I believe is updated software. I have the Ugreen USB gigabit adapter mentioned many times in this thread. I have the power adapter as well, and an OTG cable. I've hooked everything up, but the Fire TV doesn't indicate it's on a wired network, and the port on my switch doesn't light up to indicate traffic. 

I have it connected as:

Cat 6 cable from my ethernet switch to the Ugreen ethernet input port (and verified the Ugreen works by trying it with a laptop)
Ugreen USB dongle into the OTG cable USB female port
Power adapter into Ugreen power port
Amazon power adapter into OTG female micro USB port
OTG male micro USB dongle into Fire TV
Fire TV into receiver HDMI port (I can see it on my TV)

I've tried two different brands of OTG cable and two different power adapters for the Ugreen module. As far as I can tell, all my cables, the Ugreen, and my switch work. Yet still the Fire TV doesn't indicate it's wired.

Is there some setting or process I need to follow to get it wired? As it is, I can't watch 4K material due to being only on wireless.
My Fire TV Stick 4k got an update to 6.2.6.0 yesterday. The A/V async issue (180ms in my case) seems to be gone in Amazon prime video with auto refresh rate switching.

One bug still remains somehow, although they seemed to work on it (unsuccessfully): if the Stick is connected to an AVR the Auto refresh rate setting is not working after a reboot of the Stick. Though something changed since 6.2.6.0: the Auto refresh rate setting keeps being activated (cosmetically) in the settings, but without functioning. You need to change the Resolution manually in settings and change back to "Auto" for enabling auto refresh rate feature into a functioning state again.
(2019-03-05, 17:43)infinity85 Wrote: My Fire TV Stick 4k got an update to 6.2.6.0 yesterday. The A/V async issue (180ms in my case) seems to be gone in Amazon prime video with auto refresh rate switching.

One bug still remains somehow, although they seemed to work on it (unsuccessfully): if the Stick is connected to an AVR the Auto refresh rate setting is not working after a reboot of the Stick. Though something changed since 6.2.6.0: the Auto refresh rate setting keeps being activated (cosmetically) in the settings, but without functioning. You need to change the Resolution manually in settings and change back to "Auto" for enabling auto refresh rate feature into a functioning state again.
Any chance to test the H264 deinterlacing ?
I'll test the deinterlacing later, but I think it's a hardware issue, not a software issue, so I doubt it will have fixed it, the only way to sort of do so using software would be to enable something in settings for the user to switch off hardware deinterlacing.
(2019-03-07, 13:29)FoxForceFive Wrote: I'll test the deinterlacing later, but I think it's a hardware issue, not a software issue, so I doubt it will have fixed it, the only way to sort of do so using software would be to enable something in settings for the user to switch off hardware deinterlacing.
According to:
https://github.com/amzn/exoplayer-amazon-port/issues/81
Quote from the developers:

- We are working on it. Unfortunately, the issue is in the chipset firmware for which only the chipset vendor has the source code. The vendor is still in development phase trying to identify a fix. Once the vendor has identified a fix, we will provide an eta.

and the last one:
- It is a vendor software issue. Vendor fix development is an iterative process. The vendor fixes have to go through a full regression cycle, which usually catches regressions which might not be related to the original fix. The vendor then goes and refines the fix to account for regressions. This iterative process is what takes time.
So it should come as an firmware update for the Firestick 4K when/if  it's ready.
(2019-03-07, 14:51)milanp Wrote:
(2019-03-07, 13:29)FoxForceFive Wrote: I'll test the deinterlacing later, but I think it's a hardware issue, not a software issue, so I doubt it will have fixed it, the only way to sort of do so using software would be to enable something in settings for the user to switch off hardware deinterlacing.
According to:
https://github.com/amzn/exoplayer-amazon-port/issues/81
Quote from the developers:

- We are working on it. Unfortunately, the issue is in the chipset firmware for which only the chipset vendor has the source code. The vendor is still in development phase trying to identify a fix. Once the vendor has identified a fix, we will provide an eta.

and the last one:
- It is a vendor software issue. Vendor fix development is an iterative process. The vendor fixes have to go through a full regression cycle, which usually catches regressions which might not be related to the original fix. The vendor then goes and refines the fix to account for regressions. This iterative process is what takes time.
So it should come as an firmware update for the Firestick 4K when/if  it's ready. 
Nice one, hadn't realised that, didn't have a chance to test it yet, will let you know once I have done.
Avds, you’re not being picky - whilst Amazon has improved the native sync Kodi deffo seems to bounce around a bit - i’ll Have the sync tight on one show, the next I need to tinker. I don’t know whether it is related to frame rate of the footage, but that should cause a drift not a shift, the codec, the player ignoring an offset in the AV... too many variables in Kodi 18.1
Hi all,
I'm sorry, I hope my post is ok because is not directly related with Kodi.
I have a new Fire Stick 4k version which after a week just enter in a reboot loop. It never show Menu just Amazon boot picture and after that reboot itself over and over.
Is there a chance to do a reset to factory default using SPFlash Tool or using another method?
I didn't find Scatter file for this device, can anyone provide me this, maybe in private?
I can connect stick to my PC but I cannot activate ADB because I cannot "allow" my PC to use ADB.
Thanks a lot
Hi

Just wondering is the out of sync issue a kodi problem or the firestick OS?

I picked up a 4k firestick to replace my broken rk3328 box but it seems to have lots of problems most videos are out of sync and ive noticed that avi's dont play correctly turning off mediacodec fixes the avi's but doesnt help with other videos because the cpu cant handle the decoding.

Im playing these videos from my nas and they play fine if i play them on other devices.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3