• 44(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2019-09-08, 23:10)Turisto Wrote:
(2019-09-08, 19:43)hdmkv Wrote: Just tested your video on 4 different players: Fire TV 4K Stick, Vero 4K+, nVidia Shield TV, and Odroid N2. All played the clip smoothly, w/o stutters (all my players are wired, playing over SMB or mounted shares), but only the Odroid N2 got my projector to engage HLG HDR mode. Colors looked great, while washed out as expected on the other players. I also have a couple of VP9 Profile 2 HLG videos and none of the players enable HLG HDR mode for them. Looks like only HEVC HLG works w/N2, not VP9.

I'm surprised why Fire TV 4K Stick won't engage HLG HDR mode w/local files via Kodi as both Smart YouTube TV and the new official YT app do.

BTW, what drone/camera combo do you have? Nice 4K PQ.

Thank you for testing. I also surprised that Fire TV stick didn‘t recognize HLG.
Quite bad news because I ordered it today specifically because of HLG HDR support.

P.S the video was recorded by drone: DJI Mavic Pro 2.

It did for me on my lg tv both with Kodi and emby so check your tv settings. Good luck
Hmm, tried several times with Kodi 18.4, but didn’t work for me. I have an Optoma UHD51A PJ, which supports HLG. Will try again later.
(2019-09-09, 02:10)hdmkv Wrote: Hmm, tried several times with Kodi 18.4, but didn’t work for me. I have an Optoma UHD51A PJ, which supports HLG. Will try again later.

I will try with the optoma and let you know.
I got this POS because of this:

Quote:Properly working h264 1080i deinterlacing for UK & European Broadcast TV users

but yeah, every 1080i from Astra SAT make Kodi hang, so what a complete waste of money.
(2019-09-07, 00:22)benicehavefun Wrote: Anybody using here using an Amazon Fire Stick 4K, with Kodi 17.6, as a client for watching live TV with MediaPortal 1.22 as the backend?

I have a home theater setup I've been using for years, with Raspberry Pi's running OSMC and Windows laptops running Kodi, that works really well.  Most of the clients are wired, but one that I use for multiple hours every night (a Windows convertible laptop) uses gigabit WiFi.  All clients are running the Titan skin and the library database is a centralized MySQL setup.  Primary content is live TV and playback of live TV recordings.

I've been trying to get 1st gen and 2nd gen Fire Sticks working, but neither can handle the MediaPortal live TV stream for long.  The 1st gen starts pixelating pretty quickly (no doubt due to the lack of gigabit WiFi), and the 2nd gen has audio sync issues that no amount of tinkering with the settings has been able to resolve.

So, I've ordered a Fire Stick 4K in hopes that more horsepower will do the trick.  Anyone with a similar setup that has suggestions on getting the 4K Fire Stick working in this type of environment would be most welcome.  I'd like to use WiFi if possible for this application, since that adds to the appeal of the Fire Stick over using more Raspberry Pi's.

Fire Stick 4K arrived today, and...  it works!  Tested it for a couple of hours watching live TV using MediaPortal 1.22 as the backend (described in my original post above).  The MediaPortal setup is a two tuner operation, with HD-PVRs acting as the tuners attached to DirectTV receivers.  Video and audio were smooth and in sync over gigabit WiFi.  Overall responsiveness of the Kodi interface, using the Titan skin, was quite good and on-par with my Raspberry Pi 3B clients.  1st and 2nd generation Fire Sticks officially retired.
(2019-09-10, 23:06)A600 Wrote: I got this POS because of this:
Quote:Properly working h264 1080i deinterlacing for UK & European Broadcast TV users

but yeah, every 1080i from Astra SAT make Kodi hang, so what a complete waste of money. 
Agreed that should be ammended.
But saying that, if you'd followed the post mentioned I clearly state that it still wasn't working for me, using a DVB-T stick for UK channels.

What I still find odd is certain apps seem to play nicely with it, just not Kodi.

if you've only recently bought it then just send it back for a refund.
It's a pity, because I really like it. It's far from the quality of a Shield TV but it's almost there...
The funny thing is that DVB-T channels with tvheadend work without problems, but DVB-S ones don't (my two boxes with CoreELEC and my Shield TV work). I even tried the good old SPMC and had the exactly same problem.
(2019-09-12, 17:46)A600 Wrote: It's a pity, because I really like it. It's far from the quality of a Shield TV but it's almost there...
The funny thing is that DVB-T channels with tvheadend work without problems, but DVB-S ones don't (my two boxes with CoreELEC and my Shield TV work). I even tried the good old SPMC and had the exactly same problem.

No DVB-T are working for me in the UK.
Where are u?
(2019-09-13, 10:06)gb160 Wrote: No DVB-T are working for me in the UK.
Where are u?
Spain.

edit: Here is a very interesting thread at the kodinerds board:

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...post513380

I'll try it later, but first topic should be edited to prevent misunderstandings about properly deinterlacing on the Fire TV 4K.
(2019-09-13, 13:19)A600 Wrote:
(2019-09-13, 10:06)gb160 Wrote: No DVB-T are working for me in the UK.
Where are u?
Spain.

edit: Here is a very interesting thread at the kodinerds board:

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...post513380

I'll try it later, but first topic should be edited to prevent misunderstandings about properly deinterlacing on the Fire TV 4K. 
Due to the poor translation can u just clarify, is this just setting TVHeadend up to transcode the interlaced input on the fly?
If so its not really an option for me as I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 as my TVHeadend server.
(2019-09-13, 14:07)gb160 Wrote:  
Due to the poor translation can u just clarify, is this just setting TVHeadend up to transcode the interlaced input on the fly?
If so its not really an option for me as I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 as my TVHeadend server. 

Yes, that's what it does, but there are good news:
Quote:Just to clarify, this issue is being tracked internally within Amazon by the respective device team. There are no updates to share as of now.

On another note, this issue is strictly not with Amazon's port of the ExoPlayer per se, and depends on fixes to a specific device's firmware. This forum should primarily be used for ExoPlayer specific issues. Device issues such as this are better followed up with Amazon Customer Service, who will route it directly to the device teams.

FTV Stick 4K interlaced video playback leads to media player crash
(2019-09-13, 15:02)A600 Wrote: Just to clarify, this issue is being tracked internally within Amazon by the respective device team. There are no updates to share as of now.

Yeah I won't hold my breath, they've done nothing for 8 months except releasing a fix that doesn't actually fix the issue.
(2019-09-13, 13:19)A600 Wrote: I'll try it later, but first topic should be edited to prevent misunderstandings about properly deinterlacing on the Fire TV 4K.

I will, and get whomever wants info to actually post and ask questions in this thread - there really is too much conflicting info from everyone.

At a minimum the Digital TV standard used needs to be stated, ie....

- DVB-T/T2, DVB-S ?
- mpeg2 or h264 ?
- frame rate output in FPS, using the O keyboard key when viewing TV streams.
- part of the world user is situated.

There simply are too many variables if you really want to cover all user implementations, what works for one person does not for the other.

Check this thread:

https://github.com/amzn/exoplayer-amazon-port/issues/94

Bottom line: some channels work and some don't so, until it's properly fixed for all channels, avoid getting one for Live TV to save some frustation.
Dvb-t h264/mpeg2 SD - deinterlacing working good on Dream Player for TV Headend, Kodi not so much..

Dvb-t2 hevc HD (1080p50) - working good
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3