Quote:  // Detect layouts with 6 channels including one LFE channel
  // We currently support the following layouts:
  // 5.1            FL+FR+FC+LFE+BL+BR
  // 5.1(side)      FL+FR+FC+LFE+SL+SR
  // According to CEA-861-D only RR and RL are defined
  // Therefore we let Android decide about the 5.1 mapping
  // For 8 channel layouts including one LFE channel
  // we leave the same decision to Android
  if (info.Count() == 6 && info.HasChannel(AE_CH_LFE))
    return CJNIAudioFormat::CHANNEL_OUT_5POINT1;

if (info.Count() == 8 && info.HasChannel(AE_CH_LFE))
    return CJNIAudioFormat::CHANNEL_OUT_7POINT1_SURROUND;

^^ We do it according to standard.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
CHANNEL_OUT_7POINT1_SURROUND = (CHANNEL_OUT_5POINT1) + (CHANNEL_OUT_SIDE_LEFT + CHANNEL_OUT_SIDE_RIGHT) = 0x000018fc
CHANNEL_OUT_5POINT1 = CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO + CHANNEL_OUT_BACK_LEFT + CHANNEL_OUT_BACK_RIGHT + CHANNEL_OUT_LOW_FREQUENCY = 0x000000fc

SIDES0x00001000 | 0x00000800 = 0x00001800
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
While I documented that - I see the problem. Android uses Legacy Wide layout - while Audio-Engine uses the modern layout. I will post a version in some minutes, please test that with your 7.1 Setup and tell me if mapping is correct now.
Here we go: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk (Leia based)
(2019-12-21, 17:26)fritsch Wrote: While I documented that - I see the problem. Android uses Legacy Wide layout - while Audio-Engine uses the modern layout. I will post a version in some minutes, please test that with your 7.1 Setup and tell me if mapping is correct now.

The thing is, I can't really test it. I said earlier, "I only have 5.1 speakers, so I output 7.1 and let my AVR sort it out." I decided to go this way after verifying that the back and side channels play properly out of my rear speakers, using the Spears and Munsil 7.1 test files. It seems like it doesn't matter if the channels are reversed (back/side -> side/back), as the "reversed" channels play at the same volume out of my rear speakers. I only brought it up because it was mentioned in that post I linked to, which is also linked in this thread's OP.
Jep. 5.1 setup has no issues as both Backs and Surrounds are output at your Rears. I have found a team member that could reproduce - I also don't have a 7.1 setup and I cannot just "re cable" it to test. So issue is confirmed, let's see if the fix gets confirmed as well.

Thanks much.
@Hitcher  made the tests for me. On his setup the original kodi outputs rears / sides / backs / etc. properly. With my fix DD+ is reversed, while the others stay the same.

I really think the mapping is channel of the original file dependend. So in order to fix that, I need a sample of something that is mapped wrongly.
(2019-12-21, 19:50)fritsch Wrote: Here we go: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk (Leia based)

On my Fire TV Stick 4K connected to my 7.1 audio system using this build I get the proper surround and surround back channel mapping with 7.1 content.  Tested with DD+ 7.1, TrueHD 7.1 and DTS-HD MA 7.1 audio test patterns available via demolandia.net.  Previously with these same audio test patterns the surround and surround back channels were reversed.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
@Hitcher Could you comment?

@88keyz  Thanks much for testing. Sidenote: This POC build includes all the Audiowork / Sync API change which cannot be backported to Leia, so if you want to keep it, keep it :-)
(2019-12-22, 22:13)fritsch Wrote: @Hitcher Could you comment?

Shield TV and Denon amp

Official v18.5

DD+ 7.1 - correct
TrueHD 7.1 - correct
DTS-HD MA 7.1 - correct

debug log

kodi-20191221-f7b916c9-fritschfiretv-arm64-v8a.apk

DD+ 7.1 - side and rear reversed
TrueHD 7.1 - side and rear reversed
DTS-HD MA 7.1 - side and rear reversed

debug log

And just to be sure I switched back to pass-through and the surround channels were correct.
Okay. Thanks much. That basically means that the channels are either on Nvidia wrong (which I sadly assume ;-)) or on the FireTV 4K.

Perhaps someone can test both builds on a third device? Cube, some AML?
So - there is a third alternative: One of you guys has his AVR wrongly cabled ;-)

@88keyz  Could you compare the same file with and without PT? For you _both times_ the mapping is identical?

PCM mapping only has any influence if we don't passthrough. So a correct test would in fact be: Does the output match between PT and PCM out.
I just tested a 7.1 FLAC and 7.1 TrueHD speaker test file on my SHIELD running 18.5 and the speaker layout of KODI is correct for me.
Hi guys !

Has anyone tried to play a 4k movie (around 60 GB -Blade Runner 2049- from a NFS on Syno NAS) with the Fire Stick 4k and a gigabit ethernet adapter?
Does it work or does Kodi spend its time re-buffering?

Thanks !
I wonder if I shouldn't take the new nvidia shield, but it doesn't support HDR10+...
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3