• 57(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
Thanks, much appreciated.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
(2020-03-01, 15:24)fritsch Wrote: It's already on the same version - just the "audiophile" number is missing :-)
Thanks fritsch! Do you expect the fritschfiretv fixes to make it to v19?
I wanted to move from my Raspberry Pi 3 to the Fire TV Stick 4K today but audio is totally out of sync when watching German TVB-T2 (x265) streams from my Tvheadend server through Kodi. Works perfectly fine on the Raspberry though. Streamed movies from my NAS looked fine so far but I only checked them briefly. Tvheadend server is running on my NAS (OMV).

The FTV Stick is connected directly to my Samsung TV. Are there any special settings that I need to consider?
(2020-03-03, 15:50)Kodroid Wrote:
(2020-03-01, 15:24)fritsch Wrote: It's already on the same version - just the "audiophile" number is missing :-)
Everything is already in, besides the RAW vs. IEC selection possibility. Still stuck on review.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-03-03, 20:14)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-03-03, 15:50)Kodroid Wrote:
Everything is already in, besides the RAW vs. IEC selection possibility. Still stuck on review.

Hi Fritsch. Do you mean that the audio mapping for the channels is now correct? That means the rear channels work correctly when on 7.1pcm audio?

Also, I'm using the UGREEN gigabit adapter with an otg cable. Is it true that the Firestick 4k is still limited to 100mbps even in this case?
Hint: for better audio quality (especially if you connect the Fire TV stick to an AVR) do not set Volume Leveler to ON on Fire TV settings (it ruins the bass and higher frequencies, not just the volume is reduced).
(2020-03-04, 16:36)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-03-03, 20:14)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-03-03, 15:50)Kodroid Wrote: Thanks fritsch! Do you expect the fritschfiretv fixes to make it to v19? 

Hi Fritsch. Do you mean that the audio mapping for the channels is now correct? That means the rear channels work correctly when on 7.1pcm audio?

Also, I'm using the UGREEN gigabit adapter with an otg cable. Is it true that the Firestick 4k is still limited to 100mbps even in this case?

No. It's wrong in firetv firmware. I hardcore workaround this in the fritschfiretv builds, but this switches backs and rears for everyone else, therefore no material for real kodi.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-03-05, 07:20)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-03-04, 16:36)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-03-03, 20:14)fritsch Wrote: Everything is already in, besides the RAW vs. IEC selection possibility. Still stuck on review.

No. It's wrong in firetv firmware. I hardcore workaround this in the fritschfiretv builds, but this switches backs and rears for everyone else, therefore no material for real kodi.

Ahh OK I understand. Is there any way I will be able to obtain those builds?

Would you be able to help me regarding the network speed query?
Is possible to get Dolby Atmos audio from:

- Netflix App?
- Prime Video?
- Disney+ App?

Thanks
(2020-03-05, 09:05)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-03-05, 07:20)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-03-04, 16:36)blizzardreign Wrote: Hi Fritsch. Do you mean that the audio mapping for the channels is now correct? That means the rear channels work correctly when on 7.1pcm audio?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/
I have a couple problems using the 18.5 Android build, but I'm not sure if they're Kodi issues or hardware setup issues or add-on issues.

First is that cinemascope ratio trailers played with Cinemavision add-on are stretched vertically to fill the screen. These are typically something like 1920 x 816 resolution.

Log shows stuff like this when these trailers are played and stretched: 

2020-03-06 18:44:54.192 T:5772  NOTICE: Whitelist search for: width: 1920, height: 816, fps: 23.976, 3D: false
2020-03-06 18:44:54.195 T:5772  NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1920x1080 @ 59.939999 - Full Screen (16) (weight: -0.000)

What is odd is that actual full movies in my collection with these same resolutions play back at the correct aspect ratio (though the comparable lines to the above are identical) -- it's only trailers played through Cinemavision that are messed up.

Whitelist may also be part of my other issue: I have frame matching enabled on Fire Tv, and in Kodi, but everything plays back at 60fps instead of 24fps. The Fire Tv is plugged into a Denon 4520 receiver. My Rpi3 plugged into the same receiver plays the same files back at the correct 24fps. In the Fire Tv Kodi's settings, the only available option in the whitelist is 1080p  59.9hz. Fire TV settings are auto resolution and frame matching on.
Don't cut logfiles. No one can help you.

On my FireTV 4k with a Denon X1300W I can switch to 24p nicely.
(2020-03-05, 19:24)Kodroid Wrote:
(2020-03-05, 09:05)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-03-05, 07:20)fritsch Wrote: No. It's wrong in firetv firmware. I hardcore workaround this in the fritschfiretv builds, but this switches backs and rears for everyone else, therefore no material for real kodi. 

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/

Thank you. Will the 64 bit version work for Firestick 4k?

Could someone shed light on whether I can get higher than 100mbps using the UGREEN USB 3.0 adapter with an OTG cable?
I am experiencing long freezes of Kodi 18.6 official when stopping playback, 18.5 was flawless.
Does this build address/fix that (assuming it's a know issue)?
Yes. There was a race when stopping  video. How long is the freeze for you? And please post a Debug Log.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3