• 59(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2020-03-08, 16:15)jubilex Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 15:00)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-03-07, 22:24)jubilex Wrote: So that seems to be an issue between my Fire TV and my AVR that I'll have to find a solution for, or give up and go with Rpi4. 

Any ideas about the issue of 2.40 aspect ratio trailers being stretched vertically to 16:9? I can't think of a reason for that since 2.40 aspect ratio full movies display correctly. And this, too, happens only with my Leia installation on Fire TV 4k and not my Leia installation on Rpi3/Librelec, running the same version of Cinemavision add-on and plugged into the same AVR and displays.  

Please verify that in FireTV Screen Settings you have:
- Screen resolution automatic
- Color Mode automatic
- Switch to original refreshrate enabled

(translated from german, might actually be named differently)

Start kodi, turn on debug logging, turn off kodi, start it again and post a Debug Log, please.  

Thank you for your help. I had not been aware of your Fire specifc version, I have downloaded the latest one now and will report back later after installing. The above settings match what I have. 

The only changes in my build are audio changes, cause they could not be merged into Leia. All the rest is exactly the same.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-03-08, 15:25)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-03-07, 20:34)gb160 Wrote:
(2020-03-04, 16:36)blizzardreign Wrote: Hi Fritsch. Do you mean that the audio mapping for the channels is now correct? That means the rear channels work correctly when on 7.1pcm audio?

Also, I'm using the UGREEN gigabit adapter with an otg cable. Is it true that the Firestick 4k is still limited to 100mbps even in this case? 
From my understanding you won't get gigabit speeds due to the usb2 bottleneck.
Should get way above 100Mb/s though, closer to 480Mb/s theoretically.

I could be wrong, i'm sure someone will correct me if so. 

Thank you for the reply. I don't understand why my question got ignored three times, but oh well. I can't seem to get a decent speed above 100 or so mbps when using it, so that's why I was wondering. 
Just to be clear, are you plugged straight from the firestick into a router/switch?
(2020-03-08, 19:44)gb160 Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 15:25)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-03-07, 20:34)gb160 Wrote: From my understanding you won't get gigabit speeds due to the usb2 bottleneck.
Should get way above 100Mb/s though, closer to 480Mb/s theoretically.

I could be wrong, i'm sure someone will correct me if so. 

Thank you for the reply. I don't understand why my question got ignored three times, but oh well. I can't seem to get a decent speed above 100 or so mbps when using it, so that's why I was wondering. 
Just to be clear, are you plugged straight from the firestick into a router/switch?

Yeah it's connected to the adapter, and that is then connected to the wall lan port. I have also tested the cable and the port through my laptop and I can get close to gigabit speed there so it shouldn't be an issue with the port or cable.
(2020-03-08, 20:39)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 19:44)gb160 Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 15:25)blizzardreign Wrote: Thank you for the reply. I don't understand why my question got ignored three times, but oh well. I can't seem to get a decent speed above 100 or so mbps when using it, so that's why I was wondering. 

Yeah it's connected to the adapter, and that is then connected to the wall lan port. I have also tested the cable and the port through my laptop and I can get close to gigabit speed there so it shouldn't be an issue with the port or cable. 
how are u measuring the speed on the firestick? iperf?
(2020-03-08, 20:54)gb160 Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 20:39)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 19:44)gb160 Wrote: Just to be clear, are you plugged straight from the firestick into a router/switch? 

I'm using an app called Network Speed. How do I use iperf?
Do you think this HDMI extension is good for the Fire Stick 4K? (Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision, ARC, etc ...)
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B00B2HOKKQ/?col..._lig_dp_it
(2020-03-09, 06:37)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 20:54)gb160 Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 20:39)blizzardreign Wrote: Yeah it's connected to the adapter, and that is then connected to the wall lan port. I have also tested the cable and the port through my laptop and I can get close to gigabit speed there so it shouldn't be an issue with the port or cable. 

Im probably stating the obvious here but make sure the wifi isn't still connected on your firestick.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2796340

I was planning on getting the ethernet adapter once Amazon fix the 1080i problems (which thankfully it finally looks quite promising), but I dont think I'll bother if there are issues.

Should note that @noggin was doing these tests back in 2018 so god knows if something has changed since then.
It would be good if someone could perform an iperf test on the current firmware and share their results to see if anything has changed.
(2020-03-09, 11:57)gb160 Wrote:
(2020-03-09, 06:37)blizzardreign Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 20:54)gb160 Wrote: how are u measuring the speed on the firestick? iperf?   

Im probably stating the obvious here but make sure the wifi isn't still connected on your firestick.

I was planning on getting the ethernet adapter once Amazon fix the 1080i problems (which thankfully it finally looks quite promising), but I dont think I'll bother if there are issues.

Should note that @noggin was doing these tests back in 2018 so god knows if something has changed since then.
It would be good if someone could perform an iperf test on the current firmware and share their results to see if anything has changed. 

Where do you see that they will fix 1080i? Any public record available that they commited it?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-03-09, 12:58)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-03-09, 11:57)gb160 Wrote:
(2020-03-09, 06:37)blizzardreign Wrote: I'm using an app called Network Speed. How do I use iperf?    

Where do you see that they will fix 1080i? Any public record available that they commited it?      
All I know is from this long running GitHub issue:

https://github.com/amzn/exoplayer-amazon-port/issues/94

If you go quite close to the bottom of it an Amazon dev has asked for loads of samples of video files that were causing the player to crash, these were his findings:
Quote:Thank you guys for the links and for your patience!
The latest firmware we received from the vendor had issue playing only one of the files listed above. We are discussing the leftover issue with them to get to a point that all files listed play to the end. There still will be garbled frames at the beginning of some files as not all of them start with a full I-frame and necessary headers. The current focus is on stability of the decoder.
Sorry for being vague, I am legally required to not state anything that is outside the direct influence of my team.
He goes on to say that the proposed firmware from the vendor 'should' be pushed out to users in Amazon's Q2 update, which is sometime in Apr-Jun.

I provided quite a few links to problematic recordings taken from TVHeadend using DVB-T2 for 1080i Freeview UK Channels, and he said that the proposed firmware plays them all with no issues.
Quite a few other users posted problematic samples as well.

The Amazon dev is @zsmatyas on GitHub.

I might be being naive here but this sounds promising to me...thoughts?
It does, yes. Perfect, thanks much.
Does anybody know if there's an issue tracking the progress of fixing the audio delay on the Fire Stick 4K?
"The audio delay" is for stereo input. Nope, I wrote them, they did not care :-) - so I also don't.
Do I need to do a clean install of the Fire TV build? I installed the Mar 1 version over my existing 18.5 install, but from quick testing I still have the same problems -- still have to manually set audio ahead by .250ms for many videos and Cinemavision trailers at 2.40 ratios are stretched vertically to fill the screen. Just wanted to make sure there isn't something else I need to do before doing debug logs.
No. It is like it is - I don't plan to continue it, everything upstreamable is in Matrix already.

The "audio delay" for stereo that is automatically reencoded to DD+ by the firetv firmware without our influence is currently not programmatically fixable. Workarounds: enable upmix stereo in kodi, that will output multi-channel if you have it and the DD+ route is not taken. Passthrough and normal multi channel out is not affected by this firmware bug. If there is a delay for these files, it's a kodi bug / settings issue.
(2020-03-11, 22:28)fritsch Wrote: No. It is like it is - I don't plan to continue it, everything upstreamable is in Matrix already.

The "audio delay" for stereo that is automatically reencoded to DD+ by the firetv firmware without our influence is currently not programmatically fixable. Workarounds: enable upmix stereo in kodi, that will output multi-channel if you have it and the DD+ route is not taken.
I still get the delay on AAC2.0 files when I enable upmix stereo and passthrough to my 5.1 capable TV and AVR. Is there an exact set of steps I need to take to work around this bug that involve more than just enabling upmix stereo?

The only workaround I have actually confirmed to work is:

1) 4K Stick Settings > Audio > Surround Sound:  Select Stereo.
2) Kodi > System > Audio: Make sure those are set to default for all settings on that page.

Which just avoids the automatic re-encoding to DD+ you mentioned.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3