• 61(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
I compiled the Leia version and it's working perfectly with no more audio delays. Many thanks!
If the Amazon devs finally fix the problem with the 1080i TV channels, it will be the perfect cheap Android device.
Tested the kodi-20200314-4679fb15-fritschfiretv-armeabi-v7a build which I'm assuming is the new Leia build based on your recent code update because stereo audio seems to be perfectly in sync.  Great work.  I tested on a variety of AAC 2.0 files including the previously posted sync test files and I can't spot any issues with the audio sync.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
Thanks very much guys :-). Exactly, also waiting for the 1080i h264 and then Shield needs to get a pullover Tongue

Edit: Perhaps DTS-HD / TrueHD PT as well. Btw. this helps every Android device with timestamp support.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-03-14, 23:48)fritsch Wrote: Long story short: I wrongly pushed the timestamp calculated getTimeStamp-Delay into our Audio-Engine. The HW-Delay you see is the difference that the TimeStamp API calculates (fritschfiretv + Matrix) in comparison to standard Kodi Leia. Means for this content (Stereo) FireTV 4K was always roughly 180 to 200 ms wrong on average (and will stay wrong on official Leia builds), depending on sample even more. 
I just tested your latest build as soon as I saw your post and I can also confirm it fixed the stereo delay! Great work!

VLC still has the delay on the Fire Stick 4K, which is a good player to compare with your fritschfiretv build. I will point them to this thread.
Just point them to me fritsch@kodi.tv - we know us in person as we sometimes visit eachother's devcon.

JB: If you read this: Implement the modern getTimeStamp API, keep the old GetHeadposition and use this value until Timestamp is stable, then switch over. Code you find in GetDelay method of AESinkAudioTrack - questions / suggestions welcome :-) VLC rocks.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-03-14, 23:48)fritsch Wrote: and will stay wrong on official Leia builds), depending on sample even more.
What about the upcoming 18.7 milestone? https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/milestone/130

Would you be able to merge your fix into 18.7 to help people who are too cautious to install test builds or the Matrix alpha?
Yes, I can confirm this has fixed the delays for me as well, thank you so much! Both with FireTV plugged directly into tv and running through AVR, and both with videos with stereo AAC and stereo PCM.

Now I just need to decide if I can live with no 24fps since the FireTV doesn't seem to play nicely with my Denon in that respect.
(2020-03-15, 16:02)jubilex Wrote: Yes, I can confirm this has fixed the delays for me as well, thank you so much! Both with FireTV plugged directly into tv and running through AVR, and both with videos with stereo AAC and stereo PCM.

Now I just need to decide if I can live with no 24fps since the FireTV doesn't seem to play nicely with my Denon in that respect.

Means sometimes you can switch and sometimes not? Might help to shortly switch Input while kodi is in front already.
(2020-03-15, 16:03)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-03-15, 16:02)jubilex Wrote: Yes, I can confirm this has fixed the delays for me as well, thank you so much! Both with FireTV plugged directly into tv and running through AVR, and both with videos with stereo AAC and stereo PCM.

Means sometimes you can switch and sometimes not? Might help to shortly switch Input while kodi is in front already.  

I can't ever switch. My AVR has a TV and projector connected, both of which support 24fps, but the Fire TV stays locked to 1080p/60 with no other resolutions/framerates showing as supported in Kodi (also does not switch to 24fps in Plex or any other Fire app). The Fire doesn't ever recognize that 24fps is supported, no matter if one or the other display is removed from the AVR, power cycled, input source switched, etc. No other device plugged into the AVR has this issue and all do 24fps just fine and have for years. It works just fine plugging the Fire directly into the TV of course, but that's not an option for the projector.

I was wondering if something like this might work but I don't know if lack of HDCP will be an issue: amazon link, or maybe one of these: monoprice link
No idea to be honest. I don't make such experiments :-)
Making it more annoying is that by doing down+reverse on the Amazon remote I can cycle to 1080 24fps manually and of course it works fine. But you can't jump to it, you have to cycle through all available resolutions and framerates, 10 seconds each.
(2020-03-15, 18:17)jubilex Wrote: Making it more annoying is that by doing down+reverse on the Amazon remote I can cycle to 1080 24fps manually and of course it works fine. But you can't jump to it, you have to cycle through all available resolutions and framerates, 10 seconds each.

Yeah it really bloody irritating.
Why on earth Netflix and iPlayer apps don't auto switch the frame rate to match the content like Prime Video and Kodi does grinds my gears.
Pushed to kodi master yesterdays. So whatever will happen, v19 is ready for FireTV 4K :-)
I have verified that my issue with stretched trailers is unrelated to the Cinemavision add-on -- it's an issue with Quicktime and the combination of Kodi and Fire TV 4k.

Using this video as an example: https://movietrailers.apple.com/movies/u...h1080p.mov
  • Displays correctly in Kodi on PC
  • Displays correctly in Kodi on Android 10 phone
  • Displays correctly in Plex on Fire TV 4k
  • Displays stretched vertically to 16:9 on Kodi Fire TV 4k
I found another post of another user saying the same thing, and oddly he said they display correctly in Kodi on the Fire TV 2nd gen -- it only seems to be an issue on the 4k. I can test Fire TV 2nd gen myself later if necessary.

Debug log: licusawuki.kodi (paste)
Was that fine with 18.5 or also broken there? Or was this the case since forever?
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3