Solved Music Folder/File don't get added to the library if start with "..."
I just noticed it today:
Kodi doesn't add into the music library a directory/files that start to "..."
Actually Kodi search into the MAIN MUSIC DIRECTORY and the structure about the related problem is MAIN MUSIC DIRECTORY/...name of the band/album/1 - ...name of the band - track name.mp3
All the other artists/bands etc... works like a charm, this artist with those "..." on their artist name are the only one that doesn't get recognized

I probably can find a workaround maybe by adding directly the single files or the album directory for now but i just wanted to let you know about this problem

Best Regards
Graphic and Web Designer | C++ Programmer | Creator of 3XperiencE1080 Skin
Having artist, album or track name tags that start with a "." is no problem, but for cross-platform compatibility folder names and file names that start with "." are considered to be hidden system folders/files and are NOT processed by Kodi. This is by design and not a bug, so will not change.

Simply rename your folders to not start with ".". Remember, unlike video, the music library does not parse folder or file names, it scans the tags embedded in the files, folders can be named anything (except start with ".").
Thank for your answer DaveBlake.
I fully understand the compatibility goal and some O/S have some the start "." in order to identify hidden files (Mac OsX for example).
I thought it was a bug instead of a choice. I will just rename the folder without dots so, thank you for your explanation and your kind answer!

Best Regards
Graphic and Web Designer | C++ Programmer | Creator of 3XperiencE1080 Skin
If it's an appearance issue, you can avoid using the "full stop"  U+002E and instead use U+2026 "horizontal ellipsis" or another option is to use the U+FF0E "fullwidth full stop", though that one may show more space between letters than you like (check it out in your browser):

002E ...
2026 …
FF0E ...

You need to use a skin font that contains these glyphs of course.  I don't know how the scrapers treat these though.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Folder/File don't get added to the library if start with "..."0