Req Music Video 'Party Mode'
Hi, 

In the music library there is the option to create a party mode where a random list of songs is generated and then played.  Is there (or can someone create) a similar script / service for music videos??

What I'm after is to set the music videos going, so it's like MTV, but with the music videos I have in my library?

Any one have any thoughts on how I can do this??

Thanks in advance
I have done this, in favourites

Here is the code to put in the favourites.xml

<favourite name="insert fave title" thumb="/path to file/thumbnail.png">PlayerControl(PartyMode(video))</favourite>

This then shuffles all your music videos, and gives you your own music 'channel' - locally!

Hope that helps
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Party mode is available for music videos.  You can use the system-defined party mode playlist (includes all music videos in the library), or define you own smart playlist with filtered contents.  Open the context menu of the playlist and select "play in party mode".

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2018-11-08, 19:57)tjay260476 Wrote: I have done this, in favourites

<favourite name="insert fave title" thumb="/path to file/thumbnail.png">PlayerControl(PartyMode(video))</favourite>

This then shuffles all your music videos, and gives you your own music 'channel' - locally!
 But how do you only filter Music Videos into this without including Movies and TVShows?
It is already done! party mode only does music videos, so TV and movies are already filtered!
My Setup thread |
(2018-11-09, 18:18)tjay260476 Wrote: It is already done! party mode only does music videos, so TV and movies are already filtered!
 Wow.. Your right, it works just like that! Thanks. Smile

Now to work out how to do this for 90s music, or electronic videos... Hmm
I cannot believe such a simple line of code in an xml file can produce, for what is, your own personal music TV channel via favourites! 

I personally would just go for both LOL, it is your own curated MTV, so whatever plays, u gonna like!  Laugh
My Setup thread |
(2018-11-08, 19:57)tjay260476 Wrote: I have done this, in favourites

Hope that helps
Thanks for this; sounds like it works so will give it a go tonight. 

Appreciate the help
Sorry to necro, but all I get is party mode aborted, no video files in library.  no matter what i try yet the files are there
unRAID 6.6.6 Pro 64TB AZZA Helios 910, GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H/ Intel i5-4460, 16GB G.SKILL Sniper Series DDR3 1833, EVGA 1050G Supernova PS, 4 x iStarUSA BPN-DE350SS Cages, 2 x SUPERMICRO 8-Port Controllers, 2 x WD 4TB (PARITY 1&2), 10 x WD 4TB (ARRAY), 6 x WD 3TB (ARRAY), 3 x WD 2TB (ARRAY), 1 x EVO 240GB SSD (CACHE), 1 x CRUZER FIT, AVR-x3400H, LG-UBK80, QLED 6f
@icedragonslair

We need a Debug Log which captures the problem you are experiencing. Guide is here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2665079
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
When party mode is aborted, it means less than 10 songs (or music videos) passed the filter.  It's dynamic, so for example if you create a smart playlist of all music videos with playcount < 1, it will start playing the unwatched MVs until finally you have less than 10 left.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Video 'Party Mode'0