Use with EMBY?
I am loving TMM.   It's great!  But I am migrating to Emby.  Is there a magic way to get TMM and EMBY to play nice together?   TMM has a number of movie sets/collections that are not appearing in Emby.   This is one issue I have been trying to resolve.  

Thanks!
might help https://emby.media/community/index.php?/...ions-1001/
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2018-11-12, 17:09)bry Wrote: might help https://emby.media/community/index.php?/...ions-1001/
 So I can get Auto Box Set to read the TMM data or something so they are in sync?
I don't use TMM. I use emby and that add-on that takes the boxset information from themoviedb collections. do you have custom collections that you have created?

example of a collection below

https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/645
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2018-11-12, 17:15)bry Wrote: I don't use TMM. I use emby and that add-on that takes the boxset information from themoviedb collections. do you have custom collections that you have created?

example of a collection below

https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/645
 Yes.  I don't like some of the defined box sets.  For example, I want all the Avenger movies under a set called Avengers.  Not divided into Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, etc....
you can do that with the emby media management stuff. you create a set and add the movies to it. Takes a few checkboxes. then you can assign artwork by posting a themoviedb set ID.

IMPORTANT:
(2018-11-12, 17:24)bry Wrote: you can do that with the emby media management stuff. you create a set and add the movies to it. Takes a few checkboxes. then you can assign artwork by posting a themoviedb set ID.
It would be great if there was some emby support in TMM.   I think TMM does a much better job at organizing your media library.
(2018-11-12, 17:47)jglazer63 Wrote: It would be great if there was some emby support in TMM.   I think TMM does a much better job at organizing your media library.
Second that - although I am using Emby I would much prefer to continue using TMM for organising my library. Unfortunately I have been unable to convince Emby to read the TMM generated movie set info from the nfo files.
the NFO setup is Kodi style - is there anything in the emby docs how the movie set should look like in the NFOs?
iirc emby just tries to parse kodi style NFO files - maybe they need to adopt their importing engine?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Why not use the emby interface to manage metadata?

IMPORTANT:
(2019-04-19, 13:02)bry Wrote: Why not use the emby interface to manage metadata?

... cause tmm does it a lot better than emby, kodi and anything else!
(2019-04-19, 07:09)mlaggner Wrote: the NFO setup is Kodi style - is there anything in the emby docs how the movie set should look like in the NFOs?
iirc emby just tries to parse kodi style NFO files - maybe they need to adopt their importing engine?
Apparently Emby doesn't pick up movie set info from the nfo files at all, but from an Emby specific collection.xml file which is created in per-collection subfolders in its data/collections folder. Over in the emby forums, somebody already posted an export template for tMM to create the correct file format, but from what I understand this still requires manual work for each collection, e.g. editing the collection folder name in the script, so it is not quite fit for regular usage. It would be great if tMM could support creating this Emby specific data for one or more selected movie sets some time in the future!

Note that Emby uses absolute pathnames in collections.xml, which might be problematic in situations where tMM uses different paths than Emby server since it is running on a different machine/OS. Therefore, the static part of these paths would have to be configurable.
While it appears not to be trivial to make tmm create Emby style movie set information, there's a little fix that would make it possible at least to use Emby's Auto Box Set plugin on tmm generated NFO files: Emby expects the tmdb movie set ID in a tag named "tmdbCollectionID", while tmm writes it as "tmdbsetid". Could this be changed or made configurable? It would appear that "tmdbCollectionID" is more widely used, at least with respect to google hit count. 

Cf. my post about this over on Emby's forum: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/.../?p=788853
IIRC Kodi does not use a tmdbsetid tag - we just store it in the NFO to not lose data when re-creating the database.
Imho this should be no problem to write into another tag
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-10-29, 08:24)mlaggner Wrote: IIRC Kodi does not use a tmdbsetid tag - we just store it in the NFO to not lose data when re-creating the database.
Imho this should be no problem to write into another tag
Sounds promising! Would be great if this could be implemented in an upcoming release. Just filed a feature request for this at https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...issues/682 .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use with EMBY?0