Win Copying music files
Hi, I am a newbee, who just has installed Kodi on my pc. I have an Olive 4HD music server that is no longer supported by the manufacturer. It contains some 3000 cd’s, many of them in hi-res. I have these music files on my pc and through an import window I could then copy them on my Olive. Unfortunately this window has become unavailable recently,so I need to find a way to import hi-res files on my Olive. Non hi-res files I can import by burning them on a cdrw, although the import window was much simpler. After what I read on an Olive forum Xbmc (or Kodi)could be a solution to copy files from one device to another. Unfortunately I cannot make it work, I have the two devices on my file manager in Kodi and I can play the music of each on my pc, but when trying to copy I get the “failed to copy message”. Is this the wrong tool or am I doing it wrong? Thx for any support or tips!
You shouldn't need Kodi at all for this.  Kodi is a media player, and not supposed to be used as a full time file manager.  Just quoting this dude from here: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ol...514/page-3

"I just attempted to backup my 2 TB drive in the Olive 4HD using a WesternDigital MyBook Elite 2 TB USB backup drive. I found out that the Olive will only back up to a drive formatted with the FAT32 file system, where this drive can only be formatted using NTFS format.  "
A bit of research reveals that the HDD is formatted in ext3 so it should be easy enough to remove it from the machine and image it with a Linux box. http://www.5khz.com/2014/09/09/troublesh...hard-disk/

If the 'high-res' files are in a proprietary format Kodi might not be able to play them, but if they are flac or something similar, you should be fine.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Hi, thx for your answer, I am not concerned with exporting files from my Olive, because I have them on my PC. The problem is getting them in through the internet since the import window is no longer available!
Thx for replying, it is Olive that suggests to use XBMC for copying files through the file manager. I can open both sides Olive-PC, but the copying fails!
Just to clarify, are you trying to copy files from your PC to your Olive? Or the other way around, from the Olive to your PC?

Also, can you share with us a link to the Olive forum post that says to use XBMC? Maybe there are more clues in there.
(2018-11-15, 12:00)Brain Police Wrote: Hi, thx for your answer, I am not concerned with exporting files from my Olive, because I have them on my PC. The problem is getting them in through the internet since the import window is no longer available!
 Ah, right.  So, as I understand it, what should happen is that you navigate to the Olive's IP address on your local network which gives you the import window yes ?  But for whatever reason, that's not happening for you.

From what I've read, the Olive runs an SMB server to import the files.  You haven't said which OS you are using to try and connect to it, but if it's Win 10, Microsoft made some changes to smb which might well cause an issue like this, given that the Olive's smb system will be quite old.  My first thought then would be to try to connect to the Olive with an older OS such as Win7 on a laptop or possibly running in a virtual machine and see if that makes a difference.
I want to import music files from my pc to Olive, which I used to do through an import window that Olive would open. This is no longer the case, so I need to find another way. I can import music by burning cd's, which takes more time, but unfortunately this is not working with hi-res ( e.g. 24-192) files. The info on xbmc can be found here
"https://olivemediainc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202354185-How-do-I-transfer-music-from-Olive-HD-to-Olive-ONE-" Thank you very much for helping me out!
Sad 
Hi, this is an interesting thougth, I am indeed running windows 10, but still it worked until recently. I am not very skilled technically, so maybe what you're proposing might be over my limit! Sad
@Brain Police, it might be worth having a read of this article and see if changing the smb protocol back to v1 helps at all.
Wink 
Hi, I just followed this lead from black_eagle
Quote:@Brain Police, it might be worth having a read of this article (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-acces...windows-10) and see if changing the smb protocol back to v1 helps at all.
Ticking on SMB 1.0/CIFS Client and restarting the pc did the trick!. Using my netscan tool I can see the import window next to my Olive ! Question is is this change permanent? Anyway thank you very much for your support guys, I really appreciate it! Cool
It should indeed be permanent unless you repeat the steps and untick the box.

Glad it's working again for you Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copying music files0