Solved Limit actor file size or resize.
I noticed that when I loaded movie information, kodi took a very long time. I tried searching for every jpg and png files in movie folder and I noticed that there are lots of actor images that are huge is sizes. The  biggest actor image i have is 30 mb.
Is it possible to reduce the actor images file size? maybe set a limit?

Actor images are like fanart and posters: they will be loaded 1:1 from the source
There is no rescaling/re-encoding for these pictures

Where did you fetch these images from? Which tmm version?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
These are my settings.

This are my version.
Any updates on this matter? Im still having actor images as big as 30mb. Where does TMM download the actor images? Did tmm make changes to the images? I tried tracing back the origin of the file but cant find any.

For example, Vince_Grant.jpg is 30mb(from movie ingenious). I cant find the same image in themoviedb.org. But i find same image(different size) in imdb. But my tmm setting does not state to scrape image from imdb. only scrape image from themoviedb.

Where does tmm download the actor images? What does tmm do to the actor images?

Reference.
ImageImageImageImage
Look at the logs after downloading the actor images.. Every url which has been fetched is in the logs
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
actor images are not scraped from the artwork sources - they are solely scraped from the metadata provider.
in the case of "Dom Hemingway" there is a big artwork coming from imdb for Jumayn Hunter: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/[email protected]

as I said before - we do not rescale/recompress/... actor art(yet)...
just added a fix to v3 where we let imdb scale the images to h632 (same as in tmdb)
also added a fix to v2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Limit actor file size or resize.0