More Control Over Metadata and Interface
I take both your points into account, but it's getting rather complicated.
See, it's one thing for Kodi to be ideal for TV users, who aren't gonna go beyond remote controls. But what about having a feature ready for those who have remotes with keyboards on them? Or for those who use Kodi on PC with keyboards? Or for anyone who would be willing to type in all the custom content and locate all the custom images by themselves, no matter what device they have at hand?

It's one thing to say "it's perfect for TV users", it's another to use it as an excuse to entirely avoid looking at the needs and requirements of other users who actually want this feature. Implementing this feature won't cause any harm to anyone, or any loss. Heck, if you think it's going to clutter the UI and menu of the interface, don't put it in default Kodi. Why not just create an add-on that adds these options to the menu, and those who want it will download it? That way it doesn't affect everyone's Kodi, just those who want this feature.

Everything is possible. It's just a matter of willingness. While I understand Kodi is free for all, and I might be sounding like an ungrateful user just making demands, this feature request is a very sincere and important one, one that isn't being taken seriously. This is a request that should be heard, and worked upon, rather than opposed so heavily. Without it, Kodi is just gonna be Kodi. With it, Kodi is gonna be a bit better. But that's literally it. It's only gonna make the program better, not worse in any manner. I hope I am making sense here, it's as articulate as I can get.

Also, how can I completely disconnect Kodi from the internet? Is that a possibility? Like 100% disconnection in every manner?
EDIT: Also, yes, maybe Kodi is meant to be used with TV, as per what you said da-anda. But, would adding this feature magically disable the online scraping method currently being used by almost everyone? No, it wouldn't, they'll still have that, and in case online scraping doesn't work, they'll have the option to enter the data themselves. It's only a win-win situation here. But what if one didn't want to scrape any data from the internet? Without this feature, they're stuck, and Kodi is rendered absolutely useless, which makes your software less user friendly, and less popular, even if this feature is needed and wanted by only 1% of the Kodi users. Those are still users nonetheless.
If you do add this feature however, Kodi can become the very first Media Center to be so user-friendly, because absolutely no other media center has that. It's shameful really. But Kodi can be the first one to make that change and own it.
The answer is that simply no one is interested in adding this to Kodi itself
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
In case you're a Kodi official, let it be publicly known that this disinterest and disregard is specifically the reason as to why this will never be an official feature. The public deserves to know rather than having their hopes up that one day it might be possible.

And since I'm left with nothing but complicated work-arounds, is there any add-on that can add this feature? Or a media manager thingy that is easy to use?
Finally, once again, how can I disable Kodi from ever accessing the internet?
as already mentioned, KODI does not scrape any artwork or other metadata form the internet unless you tell it to. If you don't want to scrape any information from the internet, define the "local nfo" scraper when you add a new video share. Also, you can change the default scrapers for music data to a local one in KODI settings (music does work a bit differently for setting up scrapers due to more complex demands).
Quote:In case you're a Kodi official, let it be publicly known that this disinterest and disregard is specifically the reason as to why this will never be an official feature. The public deserves to know rather than having their hopes up that one day it might be possible.
this has nothing to do with an official statement, it's just stating that none of the current developers that happen to be in the team have any interest in working on it. This doesn't mean that this feature never might get into KODI. You might not know, but KODI is entirely driven by volunteers that work on it in their spare time. We have no overall agenda or plan on new features and whatever - every dev is working on the things he is interested in. KODI should be a fun project for everybody involved and no burden to work on - that's at least our credo. So team member status is nothing more than an appreciation that frequent contributors to the project "earned" and comes with no obligations. It should merely simplify the communication to other active contributors to the project (-> team members). But development on KODI can not only be done by team members but any interested developer, so who knows, maybe at some point there is developer that shares your vision and is adding this feature.
Thanks da-anda. I always thought there's like a team at the top of the structure, working in an organized manner. I thought I would be able to directly address that team.

Anyway, I do realize that Kodi won't scrape data off the internet unless I tell it to. But I still want to disable Kodi from being able to access the internet, like entirely. I don't want the software communicating with anyone or anything through the internet. I want complete, offline isolation. No transmission or sharing of any information. No uploads, no downloads. Nothing! Is that possible?
to prevent KODI from any successful internet communication you could set an invalid proxy in Settings -> System -> Internet Access.
use a firewall
Right, from what I’ve seen and read, you don’t want to use an external media manager because they are ‘too complicated’

You don’t want Kodi connected to the internet either.

Here is my suggestion, use VLC player, name your files to something you recognise by hand, because it looks like Kodi is not the solution for you.
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
unplug the cable
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More Control Over Metadata and Interface0