how much time will taken for system restroration in windows 10?
I am a new user of this forum and somehow my Windows crashed after the installation. I will need to go ahead with the restoration process, but I have a lot of data on my main drive, and need to get it done quick. I found an article saying that it would take about 30 minute.  Any idea how much time it might take to get the restoration process done? Kindly Help!
(2018-12-05, 13:24)Russell18 Wrote: I am a new user of this forum and somehow my Windows crashed after the installation.
I take it you mean after the installation of Kodi, and not Windows itself? Well, a pc is a machine. And any machinery, electrical or mechanical, will eventually break sooner or later.
Anyhow, your question is not really involving the Kodi application, so I moved your thread to the Off-topic section of our forum.

(2018-12-05, 13:24)Russell18 Wrote: I will need to go ahead with the restoration process, but I have a lot of data on my main drive, and need to get it done quick
If you want to restore data/files on, from or to your harddive, you will simply have to wait for the process to end. The more data that needs to be restored, the longer it will take. It will take as long as it takes. How long it will take differs per computer. Rushing things or taking shortcuts usually don't help.

As far as data is concerned, as the user of the PC, you are responsible for the maintenance of all data. Therefore, if you haven't made any backups of your data so far, that's on you.
In the base o/s there is something called system restore, which in most cases can restore your windows to an earlier time before you ran into trouble. https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-syst...ws-2626131 and would be under 30 minutes in most cases. Kodi can be re-installed in less than  a minute, and restored to present library in less than 30 minutes if you have exported to separate files or a reasonable back-up.
depens on your PC tech specs:

my CPU intel 3820 with SSD 500GB takes around 45-60 mins to perform
Windows 10 takes forever because it depends on how much stuff you had on your hard drive the more stuff you have on your hard drive the longer it takes to restore because it has to delete all the recent files at the same time while I was trying to reinstall now if you chose to keep all your apps and personal files and just replace the OS then it takes a little longer
@head4587451

I just removed your signature. This forum is a not a platform for advertising. Don't try this again.
It will be depend on your system specifications. I have Core i7 3rd generation and my system takes 15 - 20 minutes to restore.
A restore will take different amounts of time depending on your system.  I used Time Machine(Mac user) to create a backup and the operating system take several hours.
I prefer using a system image for recovery and it's been built into Windows since v.7  I update it every 6 months or so depending how much my PC has progressed since the last one.  A system restore is dependent on the C: remaining in tact which often isn't and therefor should it go down, so does your entire installation whereas an image can just be transferred to a new drive as if nothing ever happened.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how much time will taken for system restroration in windows 10?0