Is there a way to compile for android versions of SPMC?
I've tried to compile a jarvis version of pvr.mythtv, but it apparently just creates a linux version.  I've also tried using a pre-compiled version for rpi2, both don't seem to work, when I replace the files used by SPMC. 

Is there a precompiled version of the latest Jarvis version, or any instructions on how to compile it to be used with android?

Thanks.

Edit:  The error that's showing up on the log file when I try to replace with the pre-compiled rpi2 file is that there's something wrong with the DT_Hash, stating that it's for gnu.  Looking around it appears that it needs to be compiled for sysv instead, either using -Wl,--hash-style=sysv or -Wl,--hash-style=both.
Finally figured out somewhat how to do it correctly after some hours of trial and error.  Two issues though I have is that the file I ended up building is 13MB, while the one normally offered in the apk is only 1MB.  Not sure why, but perhaps I incorrectly configured things.  Also for some reason, I needed to include a copy of libc++_shared.so, that came with Android NDK, which I don't think other builds needed...  Anyways it appears to work, which is all I care about at this point, and for me working better than the older versions did.

I used these instructions https://github.com/koying/SPMC/blob/16.7...ME.android with some editing here and there to make sure it was pulling jarvis build gits.  I probably should have just used Kodi's Jarvis git files, instead, since I just wanted to build the dependencies and not the whole thing.
Nice for succeeding. I will try myself. Also the latest jarvis sources of the addon doesn't need any kodi source to compile
For kodi Leia you won't need to make it yourself as it is bold and deployed automaticaly to the binary addon repository.
If you could provide easier instructions that would be great.  The reason why I used SPMC or Kodi to try building the mythtv addon is because I couldn't figure out how to use Android libraries (NDK/SDK) to build the thing.  Anyways I think there's still a bunch of people stuck using amlogic boxes and android, so being able to use SPMC is a must for those who need proper deinterlace and mythtv ver 29.
Instructions follow:

1 - Install Android Studio and launch it to configure SDK
2 - Install Android SDK in folder "$HOME/Android/", and select the SDK platform "Android 4.1 (jellybean), API level 16".
3 - Install "manually" the Android NDK version<=r17 in folder "$HOME/Android/Sdk/ndk-bundle". You will find the archive at google.

4 - Clone the pvr.mythtv repository and checkout the branch "Jarvis".
5 - Create the following script named "configure" at the root of the repository to configure the build for Android armv7:

bash:

rm -rf build-android-armv7/*
mkdir -p build-android-armv7
cd build-android-armv7

export ANDROID_SDK=$HOME/Android/Sdk
export ANDROID_NDK=$ANDROID_SDK/ndk-bundle

cmake .. -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=Android \
-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=$ANDROID_NDK/build/cmake/android.toolchain.cmake \
-DCMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM=$ANDROID_NDK/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/make \
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
-DANDROID_ABI="armeabi-v7a" \
-DANDROID_PLATFORM_LEVEL="android-16" \
$@

6 - run the script "configure"
7 - go to the folder "build-android-armv7"
8 - run "make"
9 - run "make package" to create the zip archive "addon-pvr.mythtv-3.6.x.zip"

10 - transfer the zip to your Android device, launch Kodi and install the addon zip.
11 - Enjoy to watch TV
Hi, I haven't tried compiling with your instructions, but noticed that you had an android build on github. 

Not sure why, but it works with no problem with an older android stick that uses I believe android 5.0, but doesn't seem to be working with my box that uses 6.0, or my tablet that also has 6.0.

I get a "failed to load the dll for add-on MythTV PVR client"  when trying to install and enable.  Not sure why or if it has to do with android versions or not. 

Thanks.
The build works with Kodi Jarvis (16) that works with Android 4.1. Using Android 5 or 6 I guess you use the published version of Kodi which is Krypton (17). Having Android 5 and upper you should install Kodi Lea (18rc), it is more stable imo and you won't have issue to get the latest uptodate addons.
Unfortunately I can't use kodi 17 or 18 with the android tv box, because it's a cheap one with an amlogic chip in it, which requires amcodec to deinterlace properly rather than the standard mediacodec stuff that kodi 17+ uses.  So I have been using SPMC which still had supported amcodec.  Unfortunately SPMC is no longer updated, and still uses as its base Jarvis.
Seems the SPMC has updated the pvr API or ABI. So binary addons compiled for Kodi jarvis no longer work with SPMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to compile for android versions of SPMC?0