Very frequent crashed playing TV and recordings
Hi

I just recently switched from VDR to DVBViewer and noticed a lot crashes in Kodi when I play live TV or recordings via Kodi (all recording done via DVDviewer) - I never had this issue before and all other media types play just fine in Kodi.

When I play a recording or live-TV Kodi just closes and I have to restart Kodi.
It always happens when I seek or pause and the start playing again. It is pretty easy to reproduce, just seek back and fourth a couple of time and then it crashes.

What I did:
Update drivers
change Kodi Skin to Estuary

Both didn't help.

Here is a debug log:

https://pastebin.com/xpyBCU5z

thx for any help here.
Since I don't observe any crashes at all, nor did I receive any other crash reports you need to debug this yourself. Start by creating a stacktrace to see where the crash actually occurs.

edit: You should first try Kodi Leia. Maybe its been a bug in Kodi core/videoplayer which has already been fixed. Personally, I haven't observed any crashes in Krypton either.
(2019-01-05, 19:59)manül Wrote: Since I don't observe any crashes at all, nor did I receive any other crash reports you need to debug this yourself. Start by creating a stacktrace to see where the crash actually occurs.

edit: You should first try Kodi Leia. Maybe its been a bug in Kodi core/videoplayer which has already been fixed. Personally, I haven't observed any crashes in Krypton either.
 I have s stack trace file - what I gotta do with it :-)

Leia won't work with my setup until my HA systems gets a Leia compatible driver - which is released when Leia is final. Additionally I had the experience that new Kodi X.0 releases still had quite some bugs, so I was planning to switch with 18.1.
I just thought it might be an easy solution if someone catches anything in the debug log.
(2019-01-05, 22:01)ichkriegediekri Wrote:  I have s stack trace file - what I gotta do with it :-)
https://github.com/Microsoft/WinObjC/wik...rash-dumps

I assume this also contains the debug symbols for the PVRs: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/windows/...on-x86.pdb

However I solely work on Linux and Unix like systems. So that's about all I know for Windows.
(2019-01-05, 22:01)ichkriegediekri Wrote: Leia won't work with my setup until my HA systems gets a Leia compatible driver - which is released when Leia is final. Additionally I had the experience that new Kodi X.0 releases still had quite some bugs, so I was planning to switch with 18.1.
I just thought it might be an easy solution if someone catches anything in the debug log. 

There won't be any more Krypton releases. You should at least check if the crashes are still happening in Leia.
Hello. Do you have any updates on your observed crashes?
(2019-01-18, 17:54)manül Wrote: Hello. Do you have any updates on your observed crashes?
 Hi

It seems to be less or non existent with DVXA disabled. I didn't have the time yet to manage the stack trace.
However since Leia is to be released I just wait and then test with Lei. I have an almost identical PC that works great with Leia and DXVA - so I guess it will be better by then. If not I have to look at the new logs.
thx for asking :-)
So it's either a Kodi Core or a driver issue. Not PVR related. Thanks for the information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very frequent crashed playing TV and recordings0