Pre-Release 2.9.15
+ added sortTitle to the movie renamer patterns (thx @xsxiaosa)
+ added XLARGE (2160p) fanart support for tmdb
+ added XLARGE (2000x3000px) poster support for tmdb
x fixed loading of colon replacement for movies
x fixed storing of several options in the TV show renamer
x fixed some Java 9+ compatibility issues
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Since it's not mentioned in your release notes does this include the "no language" fanart/backdrop scaper fix for TMDB.

As discussed here and in a simplified post here.

If not when would we expect to see the fix implemented and officially released?

Also are the pre-releases stable to use on the entire library or like the v3 releases not stable enough yet?
no this feature will only be in v3..
pre-releases are rather stable and can be used for the live lib.. it is like a RC in other programs
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2019-01-11, 08:41)mlaggner Wrote: no this feature will only be in v3..
 In this thread you made it seem as though you integrated it into the v2 nightly builds? and as it appears to have been a url coding issue that should be a very simple fix?

As said by @garretn 

An example. So for instance, take "Venom", here with "English" selected:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/335983-...anguage=en

And the same with "No language" (xx) selected:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/335983-...anguage=xx

You'll see the first one has the word "Venom", and that being the only backdrop, and the second one having "clean" backdrops.

Interestingly while I awaited your reply I ran some tests of the 2.9.15 pre-release and some mixed results come back.

Something has changed because some previously tested movies are now scraping the "no language" backdrops, but Ant-Man and the Wasp for example still appears to scrape the "English" backdrops.

(please don't think I'm not grateful for your support and efforts, just really want to nail my library correctly and this is the last piece to a full upgrade working properly).
sorry, that was a typo..
well there is much more to just than change the url - imagine there are people which want localized artwork!
changing the whole scraper infrastructure to provide artwork scraping was a huge change... and I will do no more huge changes to v2

nevertheless I've added the 2160p artwork scraping to v2 - this is why you get a different result now. btw: you can always change the artwork afterwards!
(2019-01-11, 15:33)mlaggner Wrote: imagine there are people which want localized artwork!

I respectfully suggest "No language" transcends localized artwork as no text, just images can be interpreted by all languages. (people who would want text as a backdrop would be in the minority?)

Although you don't seem to see the merit in the change, can I ask if there is an option for the 2160p artwork or does it auto-seek the higher resolution?

All I can see in the 09/01/2019 build is up to 1080p as an option (see below).

Sorry, I thought it was an easy fix (not that I would be one to know) and obviously the typo further confused the situation, I can see you meant v3 now.

I think this may have been a change from TMDB because in my limited use of v2.9.13 I did not see this issue (I may try to find a download of that again and check).

More than happy to learn and use v3 but it is not stable yet.

v2 does almost everything and I understand this may be bigger fix than it appears on the surface, so I just ask you to reconsider adding to your to-do list to change the default code for TMDB to seek:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/335983-...e_language=xx 

instead of current: 

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/335983-...e_language=en

IF 
only it was as simple as to change the code from =en to =xx ;(

I know I can manually change it but I have a large backup library and that is not nearly as feasible as automation.
damn it - since we do not have a CI for v2 any more (cloudbees closed their service on 15.12.2018), we have to build every nightly/release manually..
Looks like I've built the latest version of tmm, but not the API (which contains the larger artwork sizes..)
I hope I can re-build it soon
new build is up:

Version 2.9.15 =======================
+added sortTitle to the movie renamer patterns (thx @xsxiaosa)
+ added XLARGE (2000x3000px) poster support for tmdb
x fixed loading of colon replacement for movies
x fixed storing of several options in the TV show renamer
x fixed some Java 9+ compatibility issues
x rename movie set artwork in artwork folder after changing the title of the movie set
(2019-01-11, 19:59)mlaggner Wrote: new build is up:

Version 2.9.15 =======================
Just so you know this effectively has done nothing as all the movies I have come across thus far do not have above 1080p resolution "English" fanart. Which appears to still take precedence over higher resolution options on the "no language" tmdb page.

I am keen to try v3 with the news of it's pre-release (congratulations!), I suspect the changes you made there for this will be more effective Smile

(Just hope I can get my head around it after working on getting my head around v2 for the past few weeks)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pre-Release 2.9.150