• 4(current)
Pre-Release 3.0 RC4
look at the tooltip Wink

check = everything ok
cross = missing at the same level (and maybe some levels below)
triangle= ok at the same level, but problems in a level below
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Am i correct in assuming that there is no setting to limit the the number of studios and genres?  If not, will there be one?  Thanks
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
you are right - we fetch all studios/genres/actors/... the scraper offers
we have not planned any limit here
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2019-01-31, 15:04)mlaggner Wrote: look at the tooltip Wink

check = everything ok
cross = missing at the same level (and maybe some levels below)
triangle= ok at the same level, but problems in a level below

Thanks 😀
(2019-02-01, 08:37)mlaggner Wrote: you are right - we fetch all studios/genres/actors/... the scraper offers
we have not planned any limit here
 Oh, well.  Would have been nice. Sad
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Can you put in medialogo for HEVC?
(2019-01-27, 22:28)Zwanzig Wrote: Hello
After the upgrade - genre "Science Fiction" writes as "Science fiction". As a result, I have 2 identical folders and the same content.
https://imgur.com/vKKOsHO
 At the moment I do not have access to movies in the "Science Fiction" and "Science fiction" folder. Both are empty - both with TMM and Windows, it also does not detect in the search engine Huh?
@Zwanzig tmm can't prevent you from browsing the files with windows (explorer). If the files are not here, they must be somewhere else or deleted
I use TheMovieDB for TV Shows, but I don't have a link to the page at TMDB. Instead it gives me the link to TVDB. Is it possible to add fanart.tv links for movie and tv shows, and also include TMDB links for tv shows. A quick mock-up in the image...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-02-07, 08:41)mlaggner Wrote: @Zwanzig tmm can't prevent you from browsing the files with windows (explorer). If the files are not here, they must be somewhere else or deleted
 I understand.
The probability of Windows 7 can not cope with this situation.
In my opinion, some of the films are still in the "Science Fiction" folder (just like TMM for some time called this genre), in the "Science Fiction" folder there are films that were added to TMM after the name change to "Science fiction" (where TMM ceased to respect a large letter in the word "fiction".
However, I do not know how to reverse this situation.
I thought to manually rename the Science Fiction folder, for example, "Science-Fiction" and then I think you should see movies in both "Science Fiction" and "Science fiction" (I can later load them znou to TMM - here, however, I do not know which information I will lose - what TMM does not write to the .NFO file).
But I am a bit afraid that it will not work in this way and I will lose all the films.
The big question is: on which file system are your movies? 
just tried and Windows (NTFS) does not support having two folders with the same name (case insensitive!)..

if you have still all movies in tmm, just wait for RC2 to arrive and rename the movies again
(2019-02-07, 13:56)mlaggner Wrote: The big question is: on which file system are your movies? 
just tried and Windows (NTFS) does not support having two folders with the same name (case insensitive!)..

if you have still all movies in tmm, just wait for RC2 to arrive and rename the movies again
Actually, I use TMM3 NIGHTLY versions to update on a regular basis.
I have uploaded videos to TMM, so I do not update the source, because I suspect that it may not detect some movies - then I will lose information stored in the database and I will not be able to replace the name because there will be no movie.
If I "click" on the video link (image) I can not find the folder.
https://imgur.com/a/V23CLzh
The situation is strange because these films sometimes appear and sometimes disappear - both in TMM and Windows (NTFS) links. When I enter the "Science Fiction" folder, I can not find movies from the "Science fiction" folder - and vice versa.
I hope this is the right place to post bugs/missing features for tmm 3.0. It seems that the "original title" for tv-shows/episodes gets not saved inside nfo files. Is this intentionally or just missing? And secondly i my have a "small" feature-request: Could we get a way to copy/paste an actor/director/... from one movie/tv-show/episode to another?

Btw: Thanks for your work on 3.0 ... i tried a lot media managers but yours is by far the handiest and most complete with the cleanest nfo output.
Before I get to my reason for post I wanted to add a note. As the user who posted just prior to me, I appreciate the NFO output of tMM. I am aware of the users that have/had issues with Kodi as of late, and I think the response from Kodi is disgraceful. As an open source software, it seems very inappropriate to say that the only true or real NFO is generated by their software. So to the team here at tMM, although not always perfect, your intent on staying universal and non corrupting is greatly appreciated.

That said ... I want to make sure I am using the proper version, 3.0 from date 2019-01-14. There have been a great deal of changes from v2 and v3, so I try to look at v3 as a new piece of software vs an update. One thing that I find difficult to work with is the close/minimize/maximizer controls. I know that on v2 they were also located to the right side, but in v3 there are some changes to things like the popup dialog for the filter options that now require a closing vs just clocking off of the window to rid of it. This is awkward for me mainly because my controls are all on the left vs the right, so my natural flow is to go right. My guess would be that since this is very minor and constraints of java that a programming change of sorts is just not realistic. The reason I mention this is to see if there are any ways of making the interface less static. Some other examples of this are I often see new dialogs open under the referring dialog, so if that dialog is smaller in size, it ends up hidden by its parent. Since the dialogs cannot be resized or repositioned, this creates issues. I know this sounds overly picky and minuscule, but I thought it is at least worth mentioning as there is so much work already going into a complete redesign, this would be the time to address such things.

Finally, are there more recent builds of v3 available?
Sure, we also have a nightly build of v3, which is discussed here.
Keep in mind, that it is very volatile, and might change often.... so use it "for testing"!
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pre-Release 3.0 RC40