HDR Support
Hi, why isnt HDR supportted? Is there any tweak to play HDR content in windows with latest Kodi build? I am now using Kodi DSPLAYER but its "only" for 17.6 version.
Thank you.
(2019-01-25, 14:42)Tittan31 Wrote: Hi, why isnt HDR supportted?
Why aren't you supporting us? You know, getting us beer, chips, coffee, proper hardware to test with, additional skillful graphics developers that know what they're doing... FYI, your initial question is a pretty blunt one.

(2019-01-25, 14:42)Tittan31 Wrote: Is there any tweak to play HDR content in windows with latest Kodi build?
A tweak..? Adding HDR is not just another switch you simply turn on or off. It's a bit more complex than that. You seem to have a very simplified view on what graphics programming is about.

And perhaps your current HTPC setup simply isn't even HDR capable yet? Kodi 17.5 in previous post certainly isn't.
HDR is still a work-in-progress for Kodi, as "of course" it needs to work on every Kodi supported graphics device out there.
Step up to Kodi 18 first, and then you can moan if something isn't working.
Why i have strange feeling you atacking me that i dont know what iam talking abount  + my setup isnt supporting it and even i dont support kodi team at all...sry but i think 99% of people using kodi dont support the developers...i DONT think its their(users or my) problem.

I dont have problem if kodi was somehow payed service as i love it very much, but when i just dont MUST do the support i simple dont do that. I really thik it SHOULD be licenced somehow and many people will pay for it as its simple the best media center out there !

And about the HDR problem...yes you right i dont know much about graphics programming - no, idont know anything about it..., my question was as it was ...why its not supported? And i wanted simple answer - something like ....not yet but we working on that, or its not easy so it will not be available...or you r moron its hidden in there and there....

Iam trying to run HDR MKVs, i have HDR projector, i have HDR graphics card, i have everything HDR working for example by VLC3 or by KODI DSPlayer with MADVR, or by Kodi HDR project...as i wrote in my original post...its all working OK but its all 17.6 version which i dont like as 18. And yes iam using latest Kodi 18 RC 5.2 or even nightlies, but HDR just dont work here whatever i do.
Peace.
I dont know how this project is funded but if its only from donations, i simply dont even know how it gets this far...start making money from it  :-) its really have GREAT potencial ! add some commercials / or pay system inside...
KODI v.18 LEIA nightlies internal VideoPlayer have been playing UHD HDR converted to SDR nicely.  KODI is not going to passthrough UHD HDR using private API's like some of the other forked versions.  Afaik, KODI is going to remain universal catering to all platforms and not just Windows which requires using 3rd party components for a passthrough setup.  However, you have the option to use 3rd party components WITH official KODI such as v.18 LEIA seamlessly to get the experience you are used to with the older 17.6 version.  That or perhaps someone will update the old forked versions to the state of the art build but I doubt it imo.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-01-25, 16:43)Tittan31 Wrote: sry but i think 99% of people using kodi dont support the developers...i DONT think its their(users or my) problem.
Indeed. Plenty of people are a greedy bunch and will get and use what they want, certainly when it is for free. Which Kodi is. On the other hand, if users stop caring or supporting Kodi, then Kodi will simply vanish and we could finally find ourselves a new hobby.
My initial response to you about supporting Kodi was obviously a sarcastic response. We know where our donations come from, and your name is indeed not on that list.

(2019-01-25, 17:07)Tittan31 Wrote: I dont know how this project is funded but if its only from donations, i simply dont even know how it gets this far...start making money from it  :-) its really have GREAT potencial ! add some commercials / or pay system inside...
You are apparently not familiar with the whole concept of "open-source". Perhaps you need to educate yourself first in the what, why and the how.
Why don't you focus on the HDR problem, and let us find a way to keep XBMC/Kodi going. We have already done so for more than 15 years, without commercials or paying customers.
If you want HDR you can use the latest version and an external player with MadVR to get HDR passthrough for HDR content

HDR isn't a trivial thing and OS support for it is limited at the moment as there isn't (on Windows) a standard API to control HDR switching
HDR passthrough works f.e. just fine on Android with KODI v18 - so we do support HDR - just not yet on every platform due to lack of proper APIs that could be used by an opensource program like KODI
(2019-01-25, 16:43)Tittan31 Wrote: Why i have strange feeling you atacking me that i dont know what iam talking abount  + my setup isnt supporting it and even i dont support kodi team at all...sry but i think 99% of people using kodi dont support the developers...i DONT think its their(users or my) problem.

I dont have problem if kodi was somehow payed service as i love it very much, but when i just dont MUST do the support i simple dont do that. I really thik it SHOULD be licenced somehow and many people will pay for it as its simple the best media center out there !

And about the HDR problem...yes you right i dont know much about graphics programming - no, idont know anything about it..., my question was as it was ...why its not supported? And i wanted simple answer - something like ....not yet but we working on that, or its not easy so it will not be available...or you r moron its hidden in there and there....

Iam trying to run HDR MKVs, i have HDR projector, i have HDR graphics card, i have everything HDR working for example by VLC3 or by KODI DSPlayer with MADVR, or by Kodi HDR project...as i wrote in my original post...its all working OK but its all 17.6 version which i dont like as 18. And yes iam using latest Kodi 18 RC 5.2 or even nightlies, but HDR just dont work here whatever i do.
Peace.
I love kodi too and would happily paY A ONE OFF FEE FOR IT. But as of 2 weeks ago i can no longer use kodi as i have a projector with hdr and watch my movies throught it and kodi along with windows 10 is a pain to switch coulour managements and hdr on and off.  Instead i have a fire stick pluged in and works flawlessly once i turned the hdr default always on to not.  Now i have a great experience.  2 movies struggle so i have normal versions instead of their hdr versions just so i dont have to deal with kodi on a windows 10 platform with hdr.  I miss kodi and im sure in future i will use it again but like many people i have just used it for free and took it for granted.  So who am i but a leach.
you can also install KODI on a FireStick via sideloading
(2019-01-25, 16:43)Tittan31 Wrote: i dont support kodi team at all...
Clearly you'll not get a lot of support from this end either (thanks for the heads-up). Leave us to say Kodi developers in their wisdom have allowed users to use whatever player floats your boat inside Kodi with External players (wiki) not to mention as more developers buy into higher res and wider gamma equipment changes will be forthcoming as time permits. Donations is the fuel that moves the process along so much quicker.
I know this is a touchy subject, personally I'd be happy to Pay a Premium for Kodi if that means better format support and others Smile Kodi can easily go for $60 USD and I'm sure it would sell.....In saying that will Kodi ever implement HDR on the Windows Platform? Maybe a Payed version with a license like PowerDVD Ultra 18 has? I'd be first in line Smile
(2019-08-11, 10:40)Buzniak Wrote: Kodi can easily go for $60 USD
Kodi is open source, the product of many developers and users over the years which prohibit sale of their donated efforts. Given the upgrades, added features and the progression; I would equate this easily to any professional software at twice the price yearly with unparalleled levels of support.
(2019-08-11, 10:40)Buzniak Wrote: this is a touchy subject
Not at all, donations of any level or kind are always welcome to help push us to the next level. As users and developers buy into HDR hardware, development will follow tout de suite
(2019-08-11, 10:40)Buzniak Wrote: I know this is a touchy subject, personally I'd be happy to Pay a Premium for Kodi if that means better format support and others Smile Kodi can easily go for $60 USD and I'm sure it would sell.....In saying that will Kodi ever implement HDR on the Windows Platform? Maybe a Payed version with a license like PowerDVD Ultra 18 has? I'd be first in line Smile

I for one have paid over $50 for my Kodi setup, I have donated (as seen by my avatar) bought the raspberry pi cases and even have the t shirt.

Yes Kodi is worth my donations and more, and I’m thankful that my donations help the team, and for me it’s money well spent.

Now I just wish people realise what Free Open Source Software was, realise that this is a (very successful) hobby project, and be thankful that the devs are still developing.
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2019-08-12, 05:42)tjay260476 Wrote: Now I just wish people realise what Free Open Source Software was, realise that this is a (very successful) hobby project, and be thankful that the devs are still developing.
My thoughts exactly after reading this thread...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDR Support0