• 3(current)
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread
BOOKMARKED!

Great looking skin we got here. When this skin get a good cleansing, it'll be on par if not surpass the PM3 skin IMO. Keep up the good work!
Jeroen Wrote:Could you drop the xml in this zip into the PAL directory of Focus and tell me if it works for you?

http://www.box.net/shared/e1itzcs0s0

OSD with File mode - working!!!
OSD with Library mode - working!!!

Fantastic job! Noticed just a minor hick-up. Under both the Video and Audio settings menu the page id (1/2 -- 2/2) overlap with the scroll buttons (v^).

Now, what about being able to edit that home menu. Rolleyes
What build of XBMC are you using to get this working?

I thought that my old build wouldn't cut it, so tried this out on XBMC-SVN_2008-01-27_rev11426-T3CH and the skin has no text. Neither had PM III actually. I had to press a few buttons on boot to wipe my settings (had to set Aeon's all back up..) Do not get this build.

Then I went back to my old stable build (XBMC-SVN_2008-06-01_rev13360-T3CH) and it had the same problem. Wiped the settings again. Double Arg.
On the XBOX I'm currently using rev 13360. 11426 definitely is too old. I don't know if its directly related to the font problem but I would advice you to upgrade anyway, as Focus uses conditional visibility on the listviews, which was implemented in xbmc maybe two months ago or something. Without that support Focus wouldn't be able to function properly anyway, fonts or no fonts.

I included the fix for the OSD and some other fixed into a new package. I'll do some other little things tonight and a revised version will be available tomorrow I think.
sweet I'm looking forward to it Big Grin
Sorry, I know I said to release an update yesterday Blush but some things came up. I think i'm going to push for some more updates and fixes and if all goes well I'll be posting it sometime the coming weekend. Then I'll probably also post some about the progress on the HD version.
Hey man, damn nice skin,

suddenly I dont feel left out for running XBMC through a 15Inch 4:3!

only downside to the skin I can see is the lack of a programs menu, but thats probably just me being picky, I have no current-gen consoles, or up-to-date PC so still play XBox1 Sad

still im definetly keeping an eye on this one!
NickyZero - Currently making LCARS for XBMC
All info can be found here and here

I am well aware that my grammer is poor, instead of flaming about it, help me with it... "Help me, to help you!"
NickyZero Wrote:Hey man, damn nice skin,

suddenly I dont feel left out for running XBMC through a 15Inch 4:3!

only downside to the skin I can see is the lack of a programs menu, but thats probably just me being picky, I have no current-gen consoles, or up-to-date PC so still play XBox1 Sad

still im definetly keeping an eye on this one!

What do you mean exactly by a programs menu? Through the accessories menu on the home screen you can enter the programs section. By pressing left in that section you can skip to the savegames. Things like Kai are not supported atm though. I hardly play games on the xbox but if you have certain wishes/suggestions regarding the programs section let´s hear it and I´ll take those into consideration Smile
nice looking skin and funcional too

Like mentioned before, sound volume its just too big and center screen isn't a good option.

Please make it open source and available in xbmcsm Smile

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Jeroen Wrote:What do you mean exactly by a programs menu? Through the accessories menu on the home screen you can enter the programs section. By pressing left in that section you can skip to the savegames. Things like Kai are not supported atm though. I hardly play games on the xbox but if you have certain wishes/suggestions regarding the programs section let´s hear it and I´ll take those into consideration Smile

Hmm, the accessories just opens the favourites menu? thankfully I have "games" favourited, but seems a little long-winded...

but to be honest I may just be being a complete ignoramus (sp?) still, I'm definetly following this!

I am well aware that my grammer is poor, instead of flaming about it, help me with it... "Help me, to help you!"
uh, is there a play disc (for discs in dvd drive)?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
NickyZero Wrote:Hmm, the accessories just opens the favourites menu?

Press the down button when accessories is highlighted Smile That goes for all categories
xbs08 Wrote:uh, is there a play disc (for discs in dvd drive)?

I just added this, will be available in next release.
Jeroen Wrote:Press the down button when accessories is highlighted Smile That goes for all categories

Damn, I feel like an idiot, I was just pushing (A) so didnt see all the extra menus! really nice job though!

xbs08 Wrote:Like mentioned before, sound volume its just too big and center screen isn't a good option.

I was thinking of placing it onto the menubar, something like this:

Just a quick tryout, eventually I could also give it an overlay image so you'd get something like this:

http://img233.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima..._122lo.jpg
(for some reason can't make it to show up in this post)

When playing fullscreen video, it would be adjusted a bit.

Any thoughts?

NickyZero Wrote:Damn, I feel like an idiot, I was just pushing (A) so didnt see all the extra menus! really nice job though!
No worries Smile It actually gave me the idea of displaying a message upon first use of Focus, explaining this and possibly some other things.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread3