• 15(current)
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread
Thanks Jeroen :-)

PS. I have now made a "Large Poster" version of Focus, looks really perfect now (for me).
Smile
I'll probably increase the size of the posters too. Originally I made them a bit smaller to display the size of the videos underneath the poster but I now have the size displayed in the list itself so it's not needed anymore.
My posters are now as big as they can be at:

<posx>385</posx>
<posy>55</posy>
<width>333</width>
<height>513</height>

Only problem is, that when browsing trailers, the "Drama/New" "Size: 0 kb" is overlapping the poster. No big deal, guess I could move it to the left, so it's in the bottom, under the file list.
I love the skin, it's very elegant. But my CoverSlide view is cutting off the tops of all my posters. And is there any way to integrate FanArt?
aqtrans Wrote:I love the skin, it's very elegant. But my CoverSlide view is cutting off the tops of all my posters. And is there any way to integrate FanArt?

Do you mean that the text goes through the top of some posters? In that case, that happens when you run xbmc on an xbox and use it on a HD screen but without an HD pack for the xbox. Then essentially the 16:9 is stretched to fit the HD screen, which causes things to scale out of proportion.
If this is not the case with your setup please let me know.

That particular view´s layout has changed for the next version though, which should eliminate this problem.

Fanart is already supported in Focus, although the movie fanart support is severely lacking. The next version will have full movie fanart support.

To see the options available for Fanart go to skin settings->fanart
I know that you are in feature freeze right now, but i was wondering if you are aware that this speed scrolling feature (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=28107) is now aviable in the latest PMIII and if you are planning to add this to your skin too?
Wink
Already added, will be available in the next version.
Jeroen Wrote:Wink
Already added, will be available in the next version.

Is this feature present in "atlantis" only or is it present in older builds aswell?

Is there a way to play a video with DVDplayer instead of Mplayer (without using "play with" that is)?
I remember reading something about a .conf file to do just that, but can seem to find that info anywhere now.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Is this feature present in "atlantis" only or is it present in older builds aswell?

Is there a way to play a video with DVDplayer instead of Mplayer (without using "play with" that is)?
I remember reading something about a .conf file to do just that, but can seem to find that info anywhere now.

I don´t know from which build on this has been available, but it is in Atlantis.

jmarshall wrote about it in his blog on august 5th, so I assume it has been available in builds from around that time http://xbmc.org/jmarshall/?p=5

Don´t know the answer to your second question to be honest.
Jeroen Wrote:Do you mean that the text goes through the top of some posters? In that case, that happens when you run xbmc on an xbox and use it on a HD screen but without an HD pack for the xbox. Then essentially the 16:9 is stretched to fit the HD screen, which causes things to scale out of proportion.
If this is not the case with your setup please let me know.

That particular view´s layout has changed for the next version though, which should eliminate this problem.

Fanart is already supported in Focus, although the movie fanart support is severely lacking. The next version will have full movie fanart support.

To see the options available for Fanart go to skin settings->fanart
That is what I get. It looks like everything's shifted up quite a bit.
aqtrans Wrote:That is what I get. It looks like everything's shifted up quite a bit.

Ah, I see. That´s because the latest version of Focus is not yet prepared for the new poster sized icons for tvshows. That has been taken care of though in my version. So this will be in the next release.
Hi, thanks again for this skin. Here are just something I found:
- In coverslide and detailed list view, the ascending/descending arrow is not selectable.
- In skin settings under dim fanart images, the light and strong settings cannot be selected individually.

That's all. BTW fanart works great when custom background is turned off.
Jeroen:

When I'm in the Home screen, the profile-name seems not to be outlined with the rest of the text on the top bar.

When in "File mode" listening music, I switch to the side menu (left) for swithing to library mode, it looks like the text label " Library mode" has an empty space in front of the first letter. Or the button is not outlined, it needs to be a litle more to the left. Sorry, don't have a screenshot, somehow it works a litle bit funny on notebook to get screenshots in XBMC. I will get them from the xbox if you want.

Looking forward to a next release. Cool
anoobie Wrote:- In coverslide and detailed list view, the ascending/descending arrow is not selectable..
Ok, I´ll look into that.

edit: found what's causing this. Fixed for next build. Cheers

Quote:- In skin settings under dim fanart images, the light and strong settings cannot be selected individually.¨
Yes, this happens for me too, although only on the xbox for some reason. This option will be changed.

Thanks for reporting Smile
IIINeOIIINL Wrote:When I'm in the Home screen, the profile-name seems not to be outlined with the rest of the text on the top bar.
Then I guess you're using quite an old revision, because I could have sworn I took that option out Huh

Quote:When in "File mode" listening music, I switch to the side menu (left) for swithing to library mode, it looks like the text label " Library mode" has an empty space in front of the first letter. Or the button is not outlined, it needs to be a litle more to the left.

I know what you mean, the text offset on the radiobuttons seems to deviate a bit from the normal button even if I used the same values, I don't know why but I'll look into correcting that.
//edit: nvm, found the issue Tongue Fixed Big Grin
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread3