• 20(current)
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread
Wink 
Outstanding Skin I really Love it..

What i found, I Use Apple Trailers II Plugin, just changed the folder name to match what the skin looks for and it Worked just fine
Only just checked this skin out, and it's great. Using it on my 4x3 SD TV and it looks great. A good font, easily readable.

Anyway to add fanart to files mode? Also when I click on Videos in the homescreen it's taking me to my sources list, and it doesn't seem to matter if I was in library mode or not. It would be great if you could set that as an option. Also is there supposed to be a long delay when in fanart view?

Other than that, this looks like a great skin.
Digitalhour Wrote:Outstanding Skin I really Love it..

What i found, I Use Apple Trailers II Plugin, just changed the folder name to match what the skin looks for and it Worked just fine
Thanks Smile Yes, that would be the easiest way. Someday I hope to rebuild the main menu and make things like that configurable from the UI.

muggsy Wrote:Only just checked this skin out, and it's great. Using it on my 4x3 SD TV and it looks great. A good font, easily readable.

Anyway to add fanart to files mode? Also when I click on Videos in the homescreen it's taking me to my sources list, and it doesn't seem to matter if I was in library mode or not. It would be great if you could set that as an option. Also is there supposed to be a long delay when in fanart view?

Other than that, this looks like a great skin.
Fanart is only available in Library mode. This may change at some point.

Correct, pressing the main button will always take you into file mode. If you press the down button when for instance videos is hovered it will provide you with access to various parts of the library. This is by design so that access to both is always direct.

Yes, there is a delay in fanart view. But it really shouldn't be too long. I believe it's 2 seconds. Especially on the xbox setting it lower results in jerky browsing imo.
Quote:latest update: 09.09.08

Jeroen, is not quite right in your signature or?

12.09.08 is the download file, right? So even the latest.

Thanks again for this phantastic WORK & Skin Nod

djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER
----------------------------------
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
djtoll Wrote:Jeroen, is not quite right in your signature or?

12.09.08 is the download file, right? So even the latest.

Thanks again for this phantastic WORK & Skin Nod

djtoll

You´re right, fixed Smile That was just a very small update though.
You´re welcome Smile
Can I aks a quick question. What resolution are you developing this skin for. I only ask because when I use it on my macbook in full screen (1280x800) all the posters display correctly, however if I user 720p mode the posters are squashed. It's the opposite for 4x3 on an SD TV. In that mode they are stretched.
I'm aware of the squashing in 720p. It's not going to be corrected for now as I am working on a 720p version of Focus which will be merged with the current version. The stretching in 4:3 is something I will have to look into at a later stage.
Jeroen Wrote:I'm aware of the squashing in 720p. It's not going to be corrected for now as I am working on a 720p version of Focus which will be merged with the current version. The stretching in 4:3 is something I will have to look into at a later stage.

That's awesome mate. It's a great skin that oozes quality...
Maybe I've found a little bug:

on my Xbox if I enter in the system Menu of the XBMC and I try to come back to the main menu (back button or menu button) it give to me an Informational message about focus Skin (something how to use it in the home menu...) and it's impossible to go back.

I've to shutdown the console..

thanks
L.

PS wich HTPC have you bought??

Ciao
Jeroen Wrote:I'm aware of the squashing in 720p. It's not going to be corrected for now as I am working on a 720p version of Focus which will be merged with the current version. The stretching in 4:3 is something I will have to look into at a later stage.
lupick Wrote:Maybe I've found a little bug:

on my Xbox if I enter in the system Menu of the XBMC and I try to come back to the main menu (back button or menu button) it give to me an Informational message about focus Skin (something how to use it in the home menu...) and it's impossible to go back.

I've to shutdown the console..

thanks
L.

PS wich HTPC have you bought??

Ciao

You have to actually confirm in that screen by hitting the OK button. This switches a condition so the screen is not displayed the next time you leave the settings screen.

I bought a dell studio hybrid. It's overpriced and I understand it could give problems with 1080p output, but 720/1080p playback has been perfect for me so far and I am content with 720p. Plus I really like the size and looks, I'm very happy with it Smile
I have the exact same problem. But I've installed the skin on other XBOXes (friends of mine) where this problem didn't occur. Strange... Completely removing the skin and installing it again does not solve the problem.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:I have the exact same problem. But I've installed the skin on other XBOXes (friends of mine) where this problem didn't occur. Strange... Completely removing the skin and installing it again does not solve the problem.

not have this problem.
only one i have had is on my box, when i am adding source it likes to blend in with the back ground..! ill submit screen dumps in a few..!
Bram77 Wrote:I have the exact same problem. But I've installed the skin on other XBOXes (friends of mine) where this problem didn't occur. Strange... Completely removing the skin and installing it again does not solve the problem.

Even after pressing the ok button though Huh
Yup, none of the buttons work except 'menu' which bring you back to the configuration screen which I was trying to leave. The only way to get to the home screen again is rebooting the XBOX (or with my Harmony remote, press a button to go directly to videos, music or script screen). The "OK" button was present on the other XBOXes I tried the skin on, but it just isn't there on my xbox.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:Yup, none of the buttons work except 'menu' which bring you back to the configuration screen which I was trying to leave. The only way to get to the home screen again is rebooting the XBOX (or with my Harmony remote, press a button to go directly to videos, music or script screen). The "OK" button was present on the other XBOXes I tried the skin on, but it just isn't there on my xbox.

Ok... so there´s not even a Ok button present on screen? That´s very weird indeed, I´ll look into it.
Cheers,
Jeroen
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread3