• 9(current)
Important Windows Store v18 update resets my settings
At this point it's looking like it might be just easier to uninstall the Microsoft Store version of this, and just go with the v.18 EXE from this site?

I dunno, don't seem to be getting any traction with these fixes
I had the same problem that all of you and i try solution one, but i can´t find the folder C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\
I thought when i install the .exe the app from the store should be unistalled, so i did it. I think this might be the problem, uninstalling the app from the store erased the folder with the data. Can anyone confirm it? There would be a way to recoverd all my data?
@elsnakes, think you hit the nail on the head with "should be unistalled, so i did it. I think this might be the problem" the only option that would bring this back would be a system restore point.

@chriswally, Yes throw in the towel and get some real satisfaction from a proper Kodi install.
(2019-01-30, 19:18)Beayn Wrote: I tried following either step 1 or 2 and get a strange error, "The file can not be accessed by the system."
Kodi was working fine before the update. I checked file permissions and they're all OK. I google the error and find unrelated stuff to do with servers.
I used command line and unstoppable copier. I rebooted. I did a chkdsk, nothing lets me copy all the files from this folder. I get about 3400 out of 7000 files when using a copier program. Windows explorer copy simply aborts the copy immediately.
Does the store lock down app folders for security or something?

If I can I will switch away from the store version and back to the regular one.
I ran into this last night. When I ran the attrib command-line tool on the files I couldn't copy it indicated broken symbolic links. That may or may not be a red herring. In any event, I couldn't find a way around the problem and ended up uninstalling everything and starting over from scratch with the non-Store version of Leia.
(2019-01-30, 07:35)Karellen Wrote: @pedram

Did you uninstall the Store version before you attempted the copy? You may have selected to uninstall the userdata or a glitch may have caused it to be uninstalled also. I have updated the wording of the instructions, thank you.
Yes I did. I thought that's what the instructions were saying. I don't recall there being any settings to select, but there may have been an auto-selected one. I hope others can benefit from my situation at least (from the updated instructions). 
Thanks for the help anyway.
  • It does not work on the second monitor full screen
  • Sound not working on HDMI
  • Backspace not working on the remote
  • I even can not add a folder with movies, there is no choice!
And how to detach the icon of the old version of Kodi from the Windows 10 taskbar?
(2019-01-31, 06:03)Slavio Parush Wrote: And how to detach the icon of the old version of Kodi from the Windows 10 taskbar?

Right-click on the icon...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ya just can't win. 
Creating a library works, but it's an aggregate of all the files, so TV Shows and Movies are seen as if they are in the same folder :-(
I think my best possible solution for the time being is to use the standalone exe. I really thought the UWP version would be great 
with auto updates provided by the store. I really don't see the point of UWP now, unless you use the system drive for your movies, which is not the best move in the world from my point of view.
nearly five in the morning, time for bed. zzzzzzzz
Hi just wanted to add my experience. Like everyone here v18 from the Windows Store hosed my config. I tried Method 2 which seemed to restore things but none of my media locations worked, not just local hard drives but network drives too (which is where most of my content is). Also the Media Portal PVR add-on was failing.

I decided to try Method 1 (the EXE install) and that worked great. The Media Portal plugin was missing but once installed it connected straight away and worked.

I probably could have stayed with the UWP version if I'd re setup all my drives, moved my local drive content to the network drives, and fixed the MediaPortal add-on but, honestly, what's the point?
(2019-01-31, 00:21)YaYaTurre Wrote:
(2019-01-30, 17:50)DarrenHill Wrote: for desktop machines it's probably better to go with the exe install version anyway, and update it using the updater add-on for simplicity. 
Wait...there is an updater add-on? I cannot find it; can you point me to it? Thx

https://kodi.tv/addon/scripts/kodi-windows-installer

Add-on:Kodi_Windows_Installer (wiki)

In the official repo under program add-ons (only for Windows of course, although there is an equivalent Android version too).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-01-31, 06:52)Grumpy Wrote: with auto updates provided by the store. I really don't see the point of UWP now, unless you use the system drive for your movies, which is not the best move in the world from my point of view.

UWP was more targetted at XBox (where it's the only option). The fact that it also makes it available that way on the desktop Windows is an (unfortunate) "bonus".
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I did like some others on here and took the UWP Windows Store installation off (just Right-Click the icon from the Start menu and select Uninstall) after making a copy of my Kodi settings.

I then downloaded v18 x64 to install it. I wanted to make a few notes about installing v18.

First, Windows did not want to install this app because it had an unknown publisher. I thought in the past that Kodi had a signature key with it.

Next, while installing, it defaulted to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi" as the install path. I just accepted like I probably did in the past, and that's when I saw the message that Kodi was already installed there. I browsed to the folder, and there it was! I don't know how old this was or if it was somehow left over from the UWP instance, so I manually edited the install path to correctly be "C:\Program Files\Kodi".

After Kodi v18 was installed, I did NOT elect to run Kodi. Instead, I wanted to copy over my Kodi settings. I also wanted to uninstall whatever version of Kodi was in the "Program Files (x86)" location. I went into "Settings > Apps & features" to remove the old Kodi install, but I could not find it. I mean, I just installed v18, and it wasn't there either! I was expecting to find 2 installs of Kodi. When I sorted my installed apps by date, the only thing I saw that was installed today was the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64). Just some weird stuff going on.

Since I was not able to remove the old Kodi from the list of installed apps, I went to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi" folder and executed the Uninstall.exe file located there. While it was uninstalling, it asked if I wanted to keep the "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi" files. I browsed there first to see what those were, and guess what? That location did not exist on my PC. I am currently logged in under my "jp2code" account, so I decided to look at that folder: "C:\Users\jp2code\AppData\Roaming\Kodi". It did not exist either. So I created it and copied my Kodi settings over and into it.

Now, the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi" is gone, but I still have the 64 bit folder "C:\Program Files\Kodi" available. In that folder, I also notice the same folder settings (addons, cache, media, system, and userdata). It could be that Kodi v18 no longer uses the AppData\Roaming folder that it used to - or perhaps adding the AppData\Roaming folder overrides the data in the Program Files location. I really don't know.

Anyway, perhaps some of the notes from my experience today can help those working on the project.
(2019-01-31, 03:35)PatK Wrote: @elsnakes, think you hit the nail on the head with "should be unistalled, so i did it. I think this might be the problem" the only option that would bring this back would be a system restore point.

Yes, i'm afraid it was dumb thing uninstalling before making the back up. I'm going to try with the system restore point.
Thanks you!
(2019-01-31, 06:03)Slavio Parush Wrote:  
  • It does not work on the second monitor full screen
  • Sound not working on HDMI
  • Backspace not working on the remote
  • I even can not add a folder with movies, there is no choice!
And how to detach the icon of the old version of Kodi from the Windows 10 taskbar? 
All this bugs are fixed doing the solution 1 in the first post.
Hello @jp2code asked a question, and I have the same question:
I enabled the SMB addon, but I cannot see my network mapped drives. Can I use network mapped drive with Kodi 18 UWP ?
Please update the first post with the answer...
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Store v18 update resets my settings0