Kodi 18 with MP PVR Client doesn't play ffmpeg streams
first of all i want to decribe my setup:
1. htpc with mp 1.20 Server with tvserverkodi plugin 1.20.0.140, kodi 18 installed from windows store
2. 3 clients (1 pc and 2 notebooks) with windows 10 and kodi 18 installed from windows store
3. 1 client (smartphone) with android 7.1.1 and kodi 18 installed from play store
4. 1 client (tablet) with android 4.2.2 and kodi 16.1 installed from kodi homepage

before the update of kodi 18 i used kodi 17.6 on 1-3 with the streaming method ffmpeg. since the update this doesn't work anymore. i needed to switch to tsreader. on the tablet (4) ffmpeg is still working. 

is there a problem with ffmpeg and kodi 18?
It Looks like you encountered the same problem as I did: UWP SMB Thread
Can you confirm that we are having the same Problem?
in my case livetv works, but as decribed not with streaming method ffmpeg
201 readers of this thread and nobody is able to say "ffmpeg works for me"?
(2019-02-12, 19:18)tklon Wrote: 201 readers of this thread and nobody is able to say "ffmpeg works for me"?

here does not work, neither android tv neither librelec
(2019-02-12, 19:18)tklon Wrote: 201 readers of this thread and nobody is able to say "ffmpeg works for me"?

ffmpeg works for me if you don't install KODI from the app store, but instead install 17.6 from older releases:
HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Android (wiki)
I used the ARM version noted above:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/

In some other forums, I think the MediaPortal PVR integration is different with different version of KODI. Remote viewing of TV/Recordings maybe broken/changed on future builds beyond 17.6.

hope this helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 with MP PVR Client doesn't play ffmpeg streams0