Photo parsing limit
https://paste.kodi.tv/apozicujud

Well I tired uploading the old log, it said it was too large, exceeded 1M.

Where do we go from hear?
So I’m not getting the syntax for excluding directories.

<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>-trailer</regexp>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/]sample[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>

I’d like to not scan any directories called “.webviews2”

The Kwilt android box I’m using automatically makes thumbnails for its own IOS app for iCloud storage of photos.

Can anyone show me the syntax to tell Kodi not to scan and not to include any files (thumbnails) in the library.

As it stands, Kodi makes a library of the full-size phots and the thumbnails; doubling the library size.
@Karellen

My biggest difficulty is with the Kwilt andriod box, being in development itself, it’s not the easiest to change setting.

The only way I have to communicate is via adb

Copy the file to my windows 10, edit the file, then copy them back, try Kodi again.

I’m hoping that this Kodi will be a installed software with the mykwilt.com hardware

What about adding a Kodi add-on that can modify the XML files for me?
If there's whole folders you wish to exclude then simplest way is usually to add a

.nomedia

file within the folder you wish to exclude. Not sure if this works with the Pictures section though.
Is this something that Kodi see them skips the folder?
@Karellen

http://atc.lovethosetrains.com/kodi.old.log
It is 14 Mb
I found a way to get the old log file.

Tell me what you find.

Some time tonight I’m going to make it crash again and repost another old log file.
@EventPhotoMan

Thanks for the log. It definitely shows something is wrong. Unfortunately I am out of my depth here.

The log is just filled with Announcement Spam - approx 184,000 lines of spam. That is why your log is so big. It is the following repeated.
xml:
21:19:35.503 T:6054 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnClear from xbmc
21:19:35.503 T:6054 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 2, from xbmc, message OnClear

This is something for the developers to look at. Hopefully @spiff or others can look at it.

Sorry there is nothing else I can do here.

It might also help if you provide some statistics on your Pictures library.

How many folders
How many images
What format are the images
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Please try with the exif setting turned off it you have it on. When starting a slideshow from a folder of pictures the exif info for all pictures in the folder is loaded into memory, so if the folders contain a lot of pictures then it may simply be the device running out of available memory, crashes have been seen due to this in the past.
Here is another log file, so you can another look

http://atc.lovethosetrains.com/kodi.old2.log
Jjd

Thank you, I will try that.

What is the purpose of loading all the exif data into memory?
Last time I checked 113,000 photos and videos.

One folder, in subforlder for the years then sub folders for the date (when pictures were taken)

It’s almost 4tb of info

The next issue...

The Kwilt hardware/software creates thumbnails for each for quick internet. This means Kodi is doing double the work.
Someone mentioned that adding

.nomedia directory in the sub directory

Teaches Kodi to skip ?

I’m going to search for that tonight.
(2019-02-14, 03:37)EventPhotoMan Wrote: The Kwilt hardware/software creates thumbnails for each for quick internet. This means Kodi is doing double the work.
Kodi has used its caching system since the beginning of XBMC some 15 years ago.
Why should it suddenly use some other software's method of thumbnails usage?
Perhaps your 'kwilt' package should adapt to Kodi.
Ok, I read up on adding a text file call .nomedia to the subdirectory for those subdirectories you do not want parsed.

This requires manual intervention.

To make this more stream line for me and my quilt, is there a Kodi setting for
1. excluding any jpeg under 100kb or
2. Excluding and file starts with . And ends in .jpg

This way, if Kwilt makes a new subdirectory, thumbnail will be excluded in the library.

Thank to everyone for helping.
(2019-02-14, 03:53)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-02-14, 03:37)EventPhotoMan Wrote: The Kwilt hardware/software creates thumbnails for each for quick internet. This means Kodi is doing double the work.
Kodi has used its caching system since the beginning of XBMC some 15 years ago.
Why should it suddenly use some other software's method of thumbnails usage?
Perhaps your 'kwilt' package should adapt to Kodi.

Caching is simply saying to store for quick aaccess. What Kodi is caching I do not know.
Is it caching the thumbnails?

In kwilt, I’m assuming the choose to store the thumbnail on disk for web access and to avoid re-generating ever time kwilt starts.

For me generating thumbnails can take up to 12 hours.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Photo parsing limit0