Sound does not work in emulators if "Stereo upmix" is activated in the system options
After a few days of testing emulators without getting sound I discovered that sound does not work in emulators if "Stereo upmix" is activated in the system options, if I disable that option, it works perfectly.

Tested on Nvidia Shield (Android, with latest firmware) with Kodi Leia 18 (Official version), tested with NES/SNES/SMS/Genesis (launched from "Internet Archive Game Launcher" addon), with Kodi retroplayer internal emulators/addons.

regards.
Same problem here, Win 10 official Leia 64-bit install. Use the option to upmix stereo internet radio. So switching is not very practical. Any advice is welcome.thanks.
I found a solution for my setup: changed main sound spdif to wasapi default. Still have wasapi spdif passthrough enabled so movies/shows take advantage of my sound system. My guess is that u have to use passthrough and a sound system with receiver in order to do this. Anyways, i hope this works for u too.
The solution i presented does mean only 2 channels in radio, so basically a start/stop script for stereo upmix when launching a game would be best of both worlds. 7.1 surround music does sound a lot better then 2.0....
recently upgraded to kodi 18.1 - on an rPi3 w/ LibreELEC 9.0.1 
thanks - stereo upmix off - and now we can play games too. 
  • on i heard pops and clicks ( 3 random cores / 3 random roms )
  • off they work

a few years ago, i used audioProfiles to make a remote button toggle surroundSound or BT headPhones. not sure if this one has been updated to leia. to auto-fire the audioProfile, i would have looked to callBacks, but its needed a new owner for some time and (from what i read) doesn't appear work well in leia.... perhaps something similar ?
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound does not work in emulators if "Stereo upmix" is activated in the system options0