Is Kodia Leia an alpha release?
Unfortunately, I had auto-update turned on on my Shield and Kodi updated to 18. Issues since then:

- Carefully configured skin not available anymore, have to set it up all over again
- Several tv shows not recognized anymore (no episodes available)
- DVD menus can't be used in iso files (no response to any buttons), so basically useless
- playback of any video takes 5 seconds after pressing play
- Had to configure add-ons again
- Random freezes, have to restart constantly

Very unhappy with this...
1) Not our problem as we do not maintain them and they are done by volunteers like us
2) you did not provide any useful I go
3) issue is being investigated
4 / 5 /6) no one else complained about this before. Additionally you did not provide any useful information

As such this is just a statement from you that will probably be ignored further if this is all the info you give
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2019-02-03, 15:07)mcwieger Wrote: - Carefully configured skin not available anymore, have to set it up all over again
If the skin's developer hasn't kept up with Kodi development, then a skin may not be fully compatible (whatever that skin was)

(2019-02-03, 15:07)mcwieger Wrote: - Several tv shows not recognized anymore (no episodes available)
Unable to comment without details/specifics. Using Samba connected storage?

(2019-02-03, 15:07)mcwieger Wrote: - DVD menus can't be used in iso files (no response to any buttons), so basically useless
See here for test images: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2817051

(2019-02-03, 15:07)mcwieger Wrote: - playback of any video takes 5 seconds after pressing play
Unable to comment without details/specifics from a debug log (wiki) file.

(2019-02-03, 15:07)mcwieger Wrote: - Had to configure add-ons again
Which add-ons?

(2019-02-03, 15:07)mcwieger Wrote: - Random freezes, have to restart constantly
Again, no details/specifics from a debug log (wiki) file available.

(2019-02-03, 15:07)mcwieger Wrote: Very unhappy with this...
Agreed, but some things seem to happen very randomly. Kodi 18 on my 2015 Shield TV has worked okay so far. It has a couple of simple add-ons and is connected to network storage via NFS. No freezes so far.
I have autoupdated to Leia, only to find Passthru does not work Shocked
@astral69

One more 'shocked' posting on passthrough not working, and not providing any useful information will be considered spamming.
(2019-02-03, 15:12)Martijn Wrote: 1) Not our problem as we do not maintain them and they are done by volunteers like us
2) you did not provide any useful I go
3) issue is being investigated
4 / 5 /6) no one else complained about this before. Additionally you did not provide any useful information

As such this is just a statement from you that will probably be ignored further if this is all the info you give
Apologies, I was not in a very positive mood after a couple of hours configuring with a remote control, without desired results. With two children, Kodi is considered a critical system that shouldn't fail ;-)

1. Agree, my mistake to auto-update, will have to wait for skins to be updated
2. One example is an iso called \Little Britain\Season 1\S01E01E02E03E04.iso. This always worked, should series name be included in filename?
4. XEM and tvdb.org were set to default config
5. Kodi used to respond immediately on pressing play, now screen is black for a while
6. Mainly on dvd file playback, but also in youtube plugin

Appreciate your work!
Can't comment on the others but for DVD see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2817051
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hmmh,

I am really enthusiastic with KODI Leia for Android on Amazon Fire TV 4k.

The video quality did increase significantly and where with Krypton there were allways some short but frequent stucks during camera pannings, the video now is just perfect as if the stream would come from Amazon itself.

I am fully satisfied.

Congratulations,

frogger
I also got auto-updated to version 18 from 17 on a first generation Shield.

I don't experience the same problems as you have, apart from partially the last.

My media is located on NFS situated on a Linux box. Ubuntu 18.10. With version 17, there was never any problems associated with NFS when I had version 17 running, but version 18 is close to unusable.

Indexing more than 10 files will almost guaranteed cause a temporary freeze. So adding new media, opening a folder with more than a few files is always causing a freeze.
It usually survives playing a movie, but occasionally will freeze randomly during play. Left alone, I have never seen it freeze, but because of this, it's only my wife watching old series on it. I've stopped using it.

-- Ronny
@kavli

This is not a general support forum, please re-post in the proper area and include the URL to a  proper debug log. Android support is here https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164
@mcwieger & @kavli here is how to get help with your problems => https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_ru...art_way.3F

Tip is also to lookup the meaning of constructive criticism => http://lmgtfy.com/?q=constructive+criticism

Not many people who work for free will want to help people who only complain for complaining sake

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is Kodia Leia an alpha release?0