4k video on Minix Neo U9-H using Kodi
Hi!
I'm trying to play 4k videos in Kodi, but whatever settings i try, i just get 1080x1920. I have tried several different sources, 4k video from my GoPro (MP4), "Samsung Wonderland Two HDR 4K Demo" (.ts) and mkv files 2160p, 10-bit HDR. No problem with sound, i get all kind of HD sound and even Atmos.

The output from MInix is 4k, and when i start Kodi i still have 4k, but when i start a video, I just get 1080p. 

If a use standard Android videoplayer, i get 4k, if i use MX-player i get 4k, if i use ES explorer built in video player i get 4k, every player i test except Kodi. I have tried Kodi 17.6 and even the new 18. 

I have tried source from USB, local and from my NAS, same result.

In Kodi i have enabled frame rate switching, tried both On start/stop and Always.

What i have read Minix U9-H should support 4k video using Kodi! Does anybody know how?
For those who's interested you can see the solution on Minix forum https://theminixforum.com/index.php?thre...-kodi.775/
(2019-02-05, 21:30)bnyberg Wrote: For those who's interested you can see the solution on Minix forum https://theminixforum.com/index.php?thre...-kodi.775/
 That CyberRider guy is utterly wrong about
Quote:That is a well known confusion. The white list has nothing to do with the playback. It only concerns the interface (kodi menus and how kodi looks, not the media) and the only purpose for it to ever be changed would be for memory space, nothing for us to worry about in Minix boxes.

It has everything to do with video
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi!

About my Minix U9! Can you explain why my problem was solved, or at least much smaller, when i use WBMC? You see in the thread that i was unable to get 4k from my U9 with Kodi 17.6 and Kodi 18, but i get both 4k and HDR if i use WBMC!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4k video on Minix Neo U9-H using Kodi1