Solved Kodi Crashes if its playing music and you access Favourites Menu
Hi,

I know this sounds weird but has anyone else noticed that Kodi crashes if your playing music and then access the Favorites menu.  I only just noticed it today.  I am running the latest release 18.1. under Win64.  It does this every time not just randomly and its only the Favorites Menu, no others and only when playing audio files, videos are fine.  You don't need to access anything within the Favorites Menu just open it.  Can someone else please try this.  If its just me I'll send a log file dump.

cheers

John
Nope, it doesn't crash here.

While music was playing I was able to navigate to favourites on the main menu, select a movie in my favourites and it switched over to playing the movie.

If you capture a Debug Log, someone may have a peek to see if there is an obvious problem.

ps. I am using Win10
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi
    ok here is my debug log

https://paste.kodi.tv/okahebavol

cheers

John
Hi,

unbelievable...    I found it.  I had been testing to see if Shadertoy was working as a visualisation and had left it active in the Player menu.  Guess they need to do some work on that one..  Doh

cheers

John
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Okeee, and how to solve it, because i also get the crash when accessing the favorites.
(2021-12-25, 16:21)Mondriaan Wrote: Okeee, and how to solve it, because i also get the crash when accessing the favorites.

Well, post #4 explains what the OP did in their case to solve it.  Your issue might be the same or completely different, and without a proper debug log (wiki), it's anyone's guess as to what it is.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Crashes if its playing music and you access Favourites Menu0