How to use ScummVm?
I updated to LibreElec 9 (so maybe this is a libreelec problem?) and wanted to try the ScummVm Addon.
First i couldn't find it because for some reason it is under "Support-Addons".
But anyway, i installed the addon but now i cannot find a way to start it.
When i select a .exe file i don't have ScummVm in the selection and i don't see any other way to start it.

Do i need some other addon to use ScummVm?
Or am i just blind/stupid? Tongue
I have the same issue on rPi 3. ScummVM seem to be installed but when I search for it RUN is grayed out. Anybody?
Hi Guys,

Exactly same problem here.... not sure if it's something I can't see but there is not "run" button on the add-on itself and no way to choose folders or recognize folders with ScummVM games, I would appreciate any input !

Thanks
ScummVM recognizes .scummvm files. The contents of the file is a single line that contains the scummvm short name of the game. So for example if I was playing Kings Quest 2, i'd have my game folder:

Kings Quest II (folder)
- Random Game Files (various extensions)
- Kings Quest II.scummvm (text file containing one line: "kq2" without quotes)

Then in Kodi you can point to the scummvm file, and it should launch the game.

Hi ZachMorris,

Thanks for your help ! Unfortunately I followed your instructions with no luck, i tried with a few games:

I ssh into my kodi instance
Roms/Simon the Sorcerer/vi simon.scummvm
simon1

But on the kodi interface, I go to my games folders on the Games section, and no files with the .scummvm extension are displayed... I can see .rom files or .exe for example.

Anyways thanks for trying to help us !

Carles
Hmm. I didn't have to do anything to have the files show up. I'll also note ScummVM shows up as a game emulator addon on OSX, and if I go to the addon info window, and press run, ScummVM interface will startup.
i wonder if this is a linux/libreelec issue. I will try to move the discussion there.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/14371-...r-scummvm/

Thanks !
Weird, the reviewerd in libreelec think is kodi's fault, but then it seems this plugin behaves in different ways for diffent kodi users, probably platform related?

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/14371-...post112154
the addon looks working - but I am not able to load some game

this is known for a while but we have no solution for that
could also a libretro problem
i just tried LibreELEC 9.0.1 (with Kodi 18.1) on my RPi3B.

when i select a summvm file that contains the right scummvm game code, i get the following errorlog:
https://paste.kodi.tv/efetivarij.kodi

content of the "Monkey Island 1.scummvm" file is "monkey" (without quotes)
on the standalone retropie installation i can play games for scummvm.
(2019-02-19, 14:57)cc250080 Wrote: But on the kodi interface, I go to my games folders on the Games section, and no files with the .scummvm extension are displayed... I can see .rom files or .exe for example.
with the game.libretro.scummvm v2.0.0.4.114 i can see *.scummvm files in the folder.
but i am not sure, if this version of scummvm is the version i installed via
LibreELEC Add-ons | Game Add-ons | Emulators or via
Zach Morris Add-ons | IAGL (repository.zachmorris v1.0.0 | plugin.program.iagl v2.0.7)

scummvm i didn't got work from IAGL, because i didn't got IAGL work to use my own local game files and the online cloud download is not working because the download requests a account password.
but under LibreELEC some emulators do start, when starting via IAGL where they don't start, while when trying to directly start from the local folder won't work...
I just update CoreElec to 9.01 and then updated ScummVM plugin. Reboot. And now I can see it in add-ons menu.
Just click and hold the mouse button to pick up or use stuff.
Right click goes to inventory.
That’s pretty much all you need to know.
Enjoy!
(2019-02-17, 19:00)zachmorris Wrote: ScummVM recognizes .scummvm files. The contents of the file is a single line that contains the scummvm short name of the game. So for example if I was playing Kings Quest 2, i'd have my game folder:

Kings Quest II (folder)
- Random Game Files (various extensions)
- Kings Quest II.scummvm (text file containing one line: "kq2" without quotes)

Then in Kodi you can point to the scummvm file, and it should launch the game.
=11pt rembourser crédit
 Ok thank you for sharing Smile
(2019-02-28, 19:08)beta-tester Wrote: i just tried LibreELEC 9.0.1 (with Kodi 18.1) on my RPi3B.

when i select a summvm file that contains the right scummvm game code, i get the following errorlog:
https://paste.kodi.tv/efetivarij.kodi

content of the "Monkey Island 1.scummvm" file is "monkey" (without quotes)
on the standalone retropie installation i can play games for scummvm.

I posted in the other forum, but in case it’s not libreelec related, I get this same error about ZN3GUI13OptionsDialog5cleanEv on all my games.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use ScummVm?1