v18 Instructions to build game binary addons don't work (Linux)
Followed the instructions to build Kodi and binary addons (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ry-add-ons). Specifically, built Kodi with these commands:
Code:
cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local
cmake --build . -- VERBOSE=1 -j4
sudo make install

Then built the game addons with this command
Code:
sudo make -j4 -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons PREFIX=/usr/local ADDONS="game.*"

Everything appears to work, I enable the "2048" and "Mr Boom" addons, but I can't actually start them. In the log the following error is produced:

Code:
20:53:08.293 T:139960959824512 ERROR: ADDON: Could not locate game.libretro.2048.so
20:53:08.294 T:139960959824512 ERROR: ADDON: Could not locate game.libretro.so.1.1.0
20:53:08.294 T:139960959824512 ERROR: RetroPlayer[PLAYER]: Failed to initialize game.libretro.2048

The .so files are under /usr/local/lib/kodi/addons/..., which is where make install put them. Where is Kodi looking for these files?
Plase have a look at this thread Compilation of binary addons in Linux.

Note that if you use Ubuntu Xenial or Ubuntu Bionic you will have problems compiling the addons due(I think) to an old version of cmake, as documented in Cannot compile binary libretro addons on Ubuntu Xenial. In Debian Unstable with the most up-to-date cmake version the compilation scripts work like a charm.
You mean this script https://github.com/Wintermute0110/Kodi-I...-no-pvr.sh? It's not doing anything different from the official instructions, as far as I can tell.

The only difference to what I did is that I only compiled the "game.*" addons and nothing else. And I'm using a different install prefix - /usr/local.
(2019-02-09, 11:33)paol Wrote: You mean this script https://github.com/Wintermute0110/Kodi-I...-no-pvr.sh? It's not doing anything different from the official instructions, as far as I can tell.

The only difference to what I did is that I only compiled the "game.*" addons and nothing else. And I'm using a different install prefix - /usr/local.
The binary addons and the binary games addons (the cores) are in different repositories. My scripts change the repository in the Kodi source before compilation, hence the reason why there are different scripts to compile the binary addons and the cores.

If you are using Kodi installed from the PPA I think the installation directory you have to set is /usr/ and not /usr/local/. I'm not 100% sure about this.

In any case, you can compile Kodi, the binary addons and the cores and install them in your user account. I have tested them in both Debian and Ubuntu and work (expect the problems with some binary addons in Ubuntu because of errors in the build system).
Quote:The binary addons and the binary games addons (the cores) are in different repositories. My scripts change the repository in the Kodi source before compilation, hence the reason why there are different scripts to compile the binary addons and the cores.

I haven't even worked up to the libretro cores yet. I'm just trying to run the binary addons that ship with Kodi:
game.libretro
game.libretro.2048
game.libretro.mrboom

Quote:If you are using Kodi installed from the PPA I think the installation directory you have to set is /usr/ and not /usr/local/. I'm not 100% sure about this.

No, as I said in the first post I'm compiling from source. The instructions call attention that the same prefix should be used for the main Kodi compilation and the binary addon compilation, which I'm doing.

I just need someone to tell me where Kodi *actually* looks for the addon library files, so that I can fix my build and then make a pull request to fix the official instructions.
I used Wintermute0110 scripts to compile and had to put the addon folders with .so files in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons in order to get them load.
Thanks, I'll give it a try

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Instructions to build game binary addons don't work (Linux)0