Migrating a Jarvis skin to Leia
new dialog - osdsubtitlesettings

and maybe this one is the cause of the toggle button dash -

drop support for using hyphen as none value
Thanks again for a quick response!

I will have to look into the subtitles tomorrow. For now I need some sleep.

I did look at the toggle button but unfortunately the posted info is not the cause. I have ensured there are no strings as noted in your link in the VideoODS file. I will take a look again later as well.

Cheers!
Another issue I am noticing upon re-scraping my library into Leia is actor thumbs not being downloaded.

My entire library has local NFO files for all scrapable media and was originally scrapped with the Universal Scraper of TheTVDB scraper. Very big, popular actors thumbs are not being populated now nad I'm unsure if there's a change to any setting that might cause this?
(2019-04-23, 19:53)K0D1User1138 Wrote: My entire library has local NFO files
Open up one of your NFO Files and check the XML tags for Actors. Are there any artwork links?

Your should see artwork links as follows. If there are none, then Kodi has no clue where to download them.

Also check setting 3.8 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Library
xml:
<actor>
<name>Meryl Streep</name>
<role>Miranda Priestly</role>
<order>0</order>
<thumb>http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/jsjuUW07WTinnb1d0GcK2wCwZvE.jpg</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Anne Hathaway</name>
<role>Andrea Sachs</role>
<order>1</order>
<thumb>http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/2VYVqs7n8Q3vpxHdXU8Q6PAI5vv.jpg</thumb>
</actor>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Code:

<actor>
        <name>Harrison Ford</name>
        <role>Indiana Jones</role>
        <order>0</order>
        <thumb>https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTY4Mjg0NjIxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM2NTI3MQ@@._V1_SX1024_SY1024_.jpg</thumb>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Sean Connery</name>
        <role>Professor Henry Jones</role>
        <order>1</order>
        <thumb>https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMzcwNTM4MzctYjQzMi00NTA2LTljYWItNTYzNmE1MTYxN2RlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@._V1_SX1024_SY1024_.jpg</thumb>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Denholm Elliott</name>
        <role>Marcus Brody</role>
        <order>2</order>
        <thumb>https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTY2ODQ3NDc5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDAwMjg5Nw@@._V1_SX1024_SY1024_.jpg</thumb>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Alison Doody</name>
        <role>Elsa</role>
        <order>3</order>
        <thumb>https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTc5NjI5MTExM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjUxNDczMw@@._V1_SX1024_SY1024_.jpg</thumb>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>John Rhys-Davies</name>
        <role>Sallah</role>
        <order>4</order>
        <thumb>https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjMwNDY3NjQxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc3NTYyOQ@@._V1_SX1024_SY1024_.jpg</thumb>
    </actor>

All the information is in the NFO files. The few new items I have scraped using Leia have downloaded all appropriate actor thumbs but anything that was scanned in Krypton or previous is very empty. 

Leia uses the same amazon type links for thumbs are Krypton did.

I really do not want to re-scan my entire 3700+ movie 11,000+ TV episode library again.
I have one other oddity that isn't Leia related but I've never been able to sort out. In my view for TV episodes when I am playing an episode bot the item in the player's title and episode number disappear from the episodes list. I can't find any sort of visible that may cause this. Any other view type I use while playing an episode  in the episodes menu shows both items. It's odd.
(2019-04-24, 02:36)K0D1User1138 Wrote: All the information is in the NFO files. The few new items I have scraped using Leia have downloaded all appropriate actor thumbs but anything that was scanned in Krypton or previous is very empty. 
I do not know what is causing this. Obviously some sort of glitch specific to your setup. Unless you find the cause you best rescrape to populate the actors images. Though you did not answer my question regarding the setting.

You are using NFO Files, even though you have a large library, scanning local information should not take more than 30 minutes. I think you use Windows, so just go to %appdata% and rename the Kodi folder to something like Kodi-old, and let Kodi rebuild to a fresh start. You then still have your original data that can be swapped back in if needed.

As for you second issue, need a screenshot to fully understand the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-25, 23:38)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-04-24, 02:36)K0D1User1138 Wrote: All the information is in the NFO files. The few new items I have scraped using Leia have downloaded all appropriate actor thumbs but anything that was scanned in Krypton or previous is very empty. 
I do not know what is causing this. Obviously some sort of glitch specific to your setup. Unless you find the cause you best rescrape to populate the actors images. Though you did not answer my question regarding the setting.

You are using NFO Files, even though you have a large library, scanning local information should not take more than 30 minutes. I think you use Windows, so just go to %appdata% and rename the Kodi folder to something like Kodi-old, and let Kodi rebuild to a fresh start. You then still have your original data that can be swapped back in if needed.

As for you second issue, need a screenshot to fully understand the problem. 
Thanks for keeping tabs on my silly questions.

First, to respond to your unanswered question, yes I have the setting for "download actor thumbs" set.

Second, I have a huge library that I run in 3 separate instances, mine, my dad's and my friend's. I curate the entire thing and using NFO files as well as local artwork and trailer files means transferring media to the other systems copies everything needed to re-scrape should there be reason to. I've done multiple re-scrapes through my time using Kodi.

I have scraped and re-scraped, at least in part, my library into Leia. Each time I get the same results for actor thumbs. This doesn't matter what skin I'm using or what scraping setting so long as I'm scraping from the local NFO files. If I scrape without the local NFO file actors like Harrison Ford then get a new actor thumb which will stay as the thumb even if I re-scrape that file again using the NFO. 

Re-scraping the library in general isn't a big deal but re-scraping the entire library WITHOUT using the NFO files is.

Last, it's just a strange occurrence. What ever TV episode is playing will have the episode title and episode number field blank when activating the Episode menu screen. It's not something I seem to be able to duplicate in other skins but also see no call to the currently in player information. Plot, airdate etc all work, just not title and number.
(2019-04-26, 00:10)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I have scraped and re-scraped, at least in part, my library into Leia.
Ok, was not aware of that. And I understand it is only the v17 nfo files that are the problem. Could you post the full nfo file at Kodi Paste Site and maybe something will pop out.

(2019-04-26, 00:10)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Last, it's just a strange occurrence. What ever TV episode is playing will have the episode title and episode number field blank when activating the Episode menu screen.
Still need a screenshot
My Signature
It's only Kodi v17 or previous that seems to be the issue. Brand new scrapes do obtain actor thumbs that should be here from NFO files.
For a test I used the Episode view from the Aeon Nox Silvo skin that I'm using for comparrisson and put it into my skin. The only code I changed was the name of the view to get it recognized in my skin. The same issue with currently playing TV Show episodes and numbers happens. Yet while using the same file in it's original skin there is no issue. And the skin is looking for different item inormation than mine, I use name and episode number and ANS used 

View_Episode.xml

Other viewtypes don't have this issue, only Episode. Maybe there's some underlaying code someplace I'm not understanding but shouldn't the list items just be pulled from the list regardless of there being anything in the player?
I can't even find ListItem.Year in that xml.
(2019-04-27, 06:59)Hitcher Wrote: I can't even find ListItem.Year in that xml.

I'm sorry?

ListItem.Year isn't the issue. The name and number of the episode the is in the player is. In both instances of using Label.ListItem and Label.Name/Label.Number.
Sorry, thought I was replying to the thread where someone couldn't get that to work for episodes.
Still haven't figured out this oddity with the playing episode title and number not being visible. Looking through code for other viewtypes where both are visible doesn't not anything different. Just seems very odd.

I'll be re-scraping my library soon using my current NFOs and hoping that resolves the actor thumb downloading. Otherwise I'm also stumped there. I can scrape using the same NFOs in Krypton and the thumbs are downloaded and cached properly.

Still working out a few kinks but I'm as far as I am thanks to the help of some great folks here.

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrating a Jarvis skin to Leia0