Migrating a Jarvis skin to Leia
(2020-10-24, 12:12)Angelinas Wrote:
(2020-10-23, 10:09)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I think you pulled both those lines from the Episode View file from the Aeon Nox Silvo skin which I posted as my test. Neither are in my View_Episode.xml

I do appreciate you taking a look.
Oki Doki Smile I watch wrong code..
This is real mess in your includes....First need to see what I change just in fixedlist...then you need to fix step by step...
keep it simple, no need to set condition in all parts if you use this view only for episode.Some brackets missing, use label insted of title....

Can't see your font or color in skin.
I change in code same label as I see on your image what label is showing text (I suppose
<font>Font_Reg33_Caps</font> is working )
owerwrite your fixed list just to see is this working for you, after you add cosmetics Smile
I tested your code. Still no episode title or number for the episode that is currently playing. It has to be something somewhere else in the skin that isn't working to display the playing item.

Thanks for giving this a try.
Add in all label focusedlayout and itemlayout
<selectedcolor>red</selectedcolor> as ronnie sugested

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2983732
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2020-10-24, 15:43)Angelinas Wrote: Add in all label focusedlayout and itemlayout
<selectedcolor>red</selectedcolor> as ronnie sugested

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2983732

Sorry I'm not certain where you mean I should put this? - Never mind, figured it out!

Finally! Got it working!!! Not sure what's different in my skin vs the ones I've tested because I didn't find this line in those other skins but it doesn't matter because it now works in mine! Thank you both for the time to help me figure this out. Much appreciated!
So when I customized an older skin to suit my design I seemed to have removed the main menu item for photos. I would like to add that back in with a direct link to a main folder full of movie posters but so far trying to find this menu entry in other skins has only made me more confused. I've tried searching the wiki as well but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

Is there a place I've overlooked for a good example on how to do this?

Thanks!
I'm still trying to figure out how to "fix" the pictures main menu entry. I've been looking through some other skins but can't seem to find how to do it. Bumping this hoping someone spots it as is able to help.

Cheers!
Try adding the folder to your favourites and then you can get the correct location for it. Then use that instead of dir in the following command -

ActivateWindow(pictures[,dir,return])
(2021-03-24, 10:34)Hitcher Wrote: Try adding the folder to your favourites and then you can get the correct location for it. Then use that instead of dir in the following command -

ActivateWindow(pictures[,dir,return])

Thanks for the reply, Hitcher.

Your string doesn't work with the [] brackets so I removed them and get an action onclick but it does not activate the root directory for my posters storage. 

I was trying to find the default pictures string that would activate a listing of all photos sources as in the main Kodi skin and a few custom skins I've tried to decipher but still no luck. Checking the wiki and trying to read through some of the forums hasn't produced the answer either.

If I can figure out your string that would open up an avenue for other pictures menu items as well. Still tinkering away at it.
Yeah those brackets are just to show the parts that are optional.
(2021-03-24, 20:18)Hitcher Wrote: Yeah those brackets are just to show the parts that are optional.

Gotcha. Though even just ActiveWindow(Pictures) doesn't do anything. I'm still stumped.
Do you have MyPics.xml in your skin?
(2021-03-25, 10:52)Hitcher Wrote: Do you have MyPics.xml in your skin?

No, I don't seem to. I guess I messed something for photos up when I was "cleaning" up the skin removing things I didn't think I'd ever need. I don't have the original I used as a base. Can't even remember what it was called exactly anymore. Guess I foiled myself. Not the first time.
(2021-03-25, 10:52)Hitcher Wrote: Do you have MyPics.xml in your skin?

I have gone back and found the old skin I used to begin my custom mod, I think, and pulled the MyPics.xml from it and added it to my skin. It still doesn't work like any other skin with default pictures menu items. I copied the string from Includes_Home.xml for pictures from that old skin into my skin and still nothing. No idea what  I messed up. Guess it's more complicated than I thought.
Wasn't sure if I should bump this old thread or start a new one. Been trying to research the possibility of a string command for onclick that would open a specific source directory? 

For example, right now in my custom skin I have an onclick command in my Includes_Home.xml that calls to open a specific network directory. I'd like to change it to open the same directory bu through an added resource as opposed to the network location built into the skin. This way the skin stays the same no matter the network and as long as the folders required for these strings are added to the sources (set to type-none) then buttons will work universally. I've just not been able to decipher the specific string I'm looking for.

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrating a Jarvis skin to Leia0