XBOX Thanks for the Xbox One port!
Smile 
Dunno where to post this, if it's in the wrong forum I apologize on beforehand.

I just would like to thank the kind developers of Kodi for the Xbox One port. Recently yet another Raspberry Pi fried and has serious video playback issues now. Instead of having to spend $50 to ship a new Pi and a proper power supply I now use my Xbox One S as my Mediacenter. Works like a charm w/ NFS network shares and USB drives. Installation was a no-brainer via the Xbox "store" (or whatever it's called). I don't think that I have to thank Microsoft for porting this to the XB1 so: thanks guys!

Smile

P.S. Even multi channel audio output works. My DTS capable receiver "receives" Kodi's audio as DTS, just like in games. I tested w/ an image of a DVD of Pink FLoyd's album "Dark side of the moon" (Immersion box set) and the quadraphonic version of the song "Money". That song has some very distinct multi-channel sound effects at the beginning that indeed "travel around" 4 speakers.
A question - is there a handy guide for setting up an Xbox One S with Kodi?
(2019-06-19, 03:52)dexx Wrote: A question - is there a handy guide for setting up an Xbox One S with Kodi?
There might be but it's pretty straight forward if you ask me. Only caveat is that Kodi on the Xnox One does not support Windows' shared folders (on the Raspberry Pi it does). So you have share your movies on the network via "nfs". See this forum topic about setting up an nfs share in Windows.

Good luck!  Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thanks for the Xbox One port!0