• 46(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-06-10, 04:40)geddyclaus Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 18:30)feerlessleadr Wrote: The power button on the G20 is programmable, so what I did is I had the IR remote from odroid already, and I programmed my G20 power button to the power button on the odroid IR remote, and it worked perfectly. This way the power button uses IR to turn the N2 on/off, but the other buttons use the USB dongle to control (so it's response is much quicker than IR, and I don't need direct line of sight). 

Here is the IR remote that I used to program the G20 power button:

https://ameridroid.com/products/ir-remote-control

This sounds crazy but I just ordered and received the Ameridroid remote you linked to and confirmed that it powers on and off my N2, so I try to program the G20 power button and I can't get the G20 to power on or off the N2.  I am able to program the G20 power button with my TV remote and it functions as expected.  Is there something I might be missing as to why the ameridroid IR remote code is not being programmed correctly to the G20?
to be honest, I'm not sure - I know that I had to program it a few times for it to stick though.
(2020-06-10, 15:02)feerlessleadr Wrote:
(2020-06-10, 04:40)geddyclaus Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 18:30)feerlessleadr Wrote: The power button on the G20 is programmable, so what I did is I had the IR remote from odroid already, and I programmed my G20 power button to the power button on the odroid IR remote, and it worked perfectly. This way the power button uses IR to turn the N2 on/off, but the other buttons use the USB dongle to control (so it's response is much quicker than IR, and I don't need direct line of sight). 

Here is the IR remote that I used to program the G20 power button:

https://ameridroid.com/products/ir-remote-control

This sounds crazy but I just ordered and received the Ameridroid remote you linked to and confirmed that it powers on and off my N2, so I try to program the G20 power button and I can't get the G20 to power on or off the N2.  I am able to program the G20 power button with my TV remote and it functions as expected.  Is there something I might be missing as to why the ameridroid IR remote code is not being programmed correctly to the G20?
to be honest, I'm not sure - I know that I had to program it a few times for it to stick though.
Thanks for the motivation.  I tried it another 20 times and finally it works.
(2020-06-13, 07:58)geddyclaus Wrote:
(2020-06-10, 15:02)feerlessleadr Wrote:
(2020-06-10, 04:40)geddyclaus Wrote: This sounds crazy but I just ordered and received the Ameridroid remote you linked to and confirmed that it powers on and off my N2, so I try to program the G20 power button and I can't get the G20 to power on or off the N2.  I am able to program the G20 power button with my TV remote and it functions as expected.  Is there something I might be missing as to why the ameridroid IR remote code is not being programmed correctly to the G20?

great to hear and I'm glad it's working.
(2020-06-16, 18:44)feerlessleadr Wrote:
(2020-06-13, 07:58)geddyclaus Wrote:
(2020-06-10, 15:02)feerlessleadr Wrote: to be honest, I'm not sure - I know that I had to program it a few times for it to stick though.

great to hear and I'm glad it's working.

I bought the G30s remotes as well and the 20 times before it sticks is good to know Big Grin

However, I have another issue you may be able to help me with. With the G30s or my MCE compatable remote, the power button on the remote will shut down the N2 but it turns itself back on a minute or two later. Running KODI on Android 9.0 because of Virgin TV Android app. Hooked up to PC Monitor for testing and config so its not CEC. Is this some wake on LAN setting in KODI or on Android thats causing the N2 to turn back on. Its the only thing I can think of? Have you any insight/thoughts?

EDIT OK it can't be WOL because I disconnected the ethernet cable and there is no WIFI Dongle on this box and it still turned itself back on. Also turned off Sleep in ODROID settings and that didn't work either. Going to try removing USB IR dongle to see if its Wake on USB related behaviour. edit No its not Wake on USB either.
Weird question about the Odroid N2...

Turns out the 4 little feet are spring loaded. I know this because one of the 4 feet on one of my 6 N2's has 'popped'. I can push it back in and it seems to lock but a few minutes later it will 'Pop' again.

It drew my attention to those little feet anyway. The feet in the locked position are above the level of the tall side heatsink fins. ie. all my N2's rest on the side fins not on the 4 little feet.

Is that how they are supposed to be or is there some trick to getting the springloaded feet to unlock so the N2 actually sits on the 4 rubber tipped feet?
(2020-06-24, 03:30)calibos Wrote: Weird question about the Odroid N2...

Turns out the 4 little feet are spring loaded. I know this because one of the 4 feet on one of my 6 N2's has 'popped'. I can push it back in and it seems to lock but a few minutes later it will 'Pop' again.

It drew my attention to those little feet anyway. The feet in the locked position are above the level of the tall side heatsink fins. ie. all my N2's rest on the side fins not on the 4 little feet.

Is that how they are supposed to be or is there some trick to getting the springloaded feet to unlock so the N2 actually sits on the 4 rubber tipped feet?

These 4 "little feet" are not feet, but holders. They hold and firmly press PCB to heatsink.
(2020-06-24, 20:23)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 03:30)calibos Wrote: Weird question about the Odroid N2...

These 4 "little feet" are not feet, but holders. They hold and firmly press PCB to heatsink.

Ah! That makes sense!
ANother question wrt to the WeChip G30s remotes.

Was able to progam power ON on the G30s by learning from an ODroid remote. However, I found that you had to Press the TV button to allow the Power button to work to switch the unit back on but in that mode the Android/KODI and Airmouse functions don't work so you press the TV button to re-enable them. I then reasoned that maybe programing the G30s default ON remote code into Corelec following the Putty SSH, Nan+ Config editing guid earlier in the thread might solve this little issue. It doesn't. Remote wouldn't send the code until I toggled the TV button. ie. It seems to me that the remote can be in 2.4g WIrelss mode or IR mode but not both at the same time, the toggle between the two being the TV button. I know its a small thing but its annoying all the same, having to remember to Toggle the TV button to enable the ON Button to turn the unit ON and then Toggle the TV button again to re-enable remote control/Airmouse.

Is there something I am missing/doing wrong or is this just the way it is?
Anyone?

Currently need to toggle WeChip G30s between Wireless and IR mode with the TV button to activate the Power On/Off button before using it and toggle back to activate all the other buttons for KODI. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
OK so I have not read ALL the posts in this thread, but does anyone know where and when this beast might be in stock. I don't really mind if it doesn't have a coreelec sticker...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2020-06-30, 05:12)nickr Wrote: OK so I have not read ALL the posts in this thread, but does anyone know where and when this beast might be in stock. I don't really mind if it doesn't have a coreelec sticker...
Did you check https://www.odroid.co.uk/ yet?

EDIT: Seems to be on pre-order only Confused
odroid.co.uk was one place I hadn't tried as it is even further away from me than Korea or the USA. But I had seen that link, thanks for your reply.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2020-06-30, 06:34)nickr Wrote: odroid.co.uk was one place I hadn't tried as it is even further away from me than Korea or the USA. But I had seen that link, thanks for your reply.

A bit of reverse triangulation tells me you must be an Aussie or Kiwi then!
(2020-06-30, 06:40)calibos Wrote:
(2020-06-30, 06:34)nickr Wrote: odroid.co.uk was one place I hadn't tried as it is even further away from me than Korea or the USA. But I had seen that link, thanks for your reply.

Indeed, but don't tar me with being Australian Smile
(2020-06-30, 10:22)nickr Wrote:
(2020-06-30, 06:40)calibos Wrote:

Indeed, but don't tar me with being Australian Smile

@nickr might look like a FAT contented Penguin - but really he is a Hobbit in Disguise ! Wink

• 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4