• 47(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-06-28, 21:38)calibos Wrote: Anyone?

Currently need to toggle WeChip G30s between Wireless and IR mode with the TV button to activate the Power On/Off button before using it and toggle back to activate all the other buttons for KODI. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

That is normal.
(2020-06-30, 10:22)nickr Wrote:
(2020-06-30, 06:40)calibos Wrote:
(2020-06-30, 06:34)nickr Wrote: odroid.co.uk was one place I hadn't tried as it is even further away from me than Korea or the USA. But I had seen that link, thanks for your reply.

A bit of reverse triangulation tells me you must be an Aussie or Kiwi then!
Indeed, but don't tar me with being Australian Smile

Please accept my humblest appologies for even implying there was a possibility that you were Australian. It would be like someone assuming I was English instead of Irish. Wink Wink
(2020-06-30, 13:48)clarkss12 Wrote:

Currently need to toggle WeChip G30s between Wireless and IR mode with the TV button to activate the Power On/Off button before using it and toggle back to activate all the other buttons for KODI. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

That is normal.

Looks like I have 2 spare G30s remotes then. One person/room absolutely needs one to interact with a Touch only VirginTV android app with the air-mouse and that person is tech savvy and patient enough to non frustratingly deal with the Toggle. Thankfully I'd already decided not to install the Virgin app on another box (that person is older and less tech savvy and would get frustrated by having to remember the toggle) and so all bar that one Android N2 will be running CoreElec KODI which has no need for air mouse functionality and therefor the simple ODroid remote that switches the boxes off/on without issue or need to SSH in and change config files will be perfect. Ordered another 4.
(2020-06-30, 15:21)calibos Wrote:
(2020-06-30, 13:48)clarkss12 Wrote:

That is normal.

Looks like I have 2 spare G30s remotes then. One person/room absolutely needs one to interact with a Touch only VirginTV android app with the air-mouse and that person is tech savvy and patient enough to non frustratingly deal with the Toggle. Thankfully I'd already decided not to install the Virgin app on another box (that person is older and less tech savvy and would get frustrated by having to remember the toggle) and so all bar that one Android N2 will be running CoreElec KODI which has no need for air mouse functionality and therefor the simple ODroid remote that switches the boxes off/on without issue or need to SSH in and change config files will be perfect. Ordered another 4.

I personally rarely use the IR/RF function of that remote.......  If I understand you correctly, you turn your TV off/on with that remote??  How often?
A couple of daft questions...

I've been a long time Kodi use but, via the the app installed on a Windows NUC, grabbing local (1080p) video files from a server in another room. I want to move to UHD HDR local video file playback and like the idea of this box. I currently use the official Kodi remote app on an iPad Mini to wake up and control the Kodi client, which in turn will send a WOL packet to wake up the server. Can I use this remote control app for the ODROID box? And will it be able to WOL my Windows server?

Paul
The remote can be used on any version of kodi.

Also I am pretty sure the WOL is directly between the remote and the server, so that should work too.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2020-07-03, 09:05)nickr Wrote: The remote can be used on any version of kodi.

Also I am pretty sure the WOL is directly between the remote and the server, so that should work too.
Thanks, as I hoped/ thought.

The WOL from the Kodi app is between the remote app and the Kodi client app (the ODROID in this case). However, there's a WOL addin, in Kodi, that can be used to wake external devices. In my case, I use that to wake the Windows file server. I've never really liked using the latter as the server takes longer to boot up than the client PC, and is only told to fire up after the client PC is up and running and Kodi has launched. So I wonder whether the remote app can be used to wake both the client device and the Windows server simultaneously...

I'll do a little more research and see if I can find any further information. I can't buy an ODROID now anyway, as they're not in stock due to delays caused by C-19.

Paul
(2020-07-02, 10:27)youngsyp Wrote: A couple of daft questions...

I've been a long time Kodi use but, via the the app installed on a Windows NUC, grabbing local (1080p) video files from a server in another room. I want to move to UHD HDR local video file playback and like the idea of this box. I currently use the official Kodi remote app on an iPad Mini to wake up and control the Kodi client, which in turn will send a WOL packet to wake up the server. Can I use this remote control app for the ODROID box? And will it be able to WOL my Windows server?

Paul

For Windows (SMB) Server Wakeup....

The ODROID also has in it's custom Kodi Settings > CoreELEC >Hardware a WOL toggle.

Just tested with a SMB server on my iMac, using a physical remote and - Yes - WOL works for serving up files after the server has gone into Power Saving Sleep.

Not sure about the Kodi remote App just yet....
But to be honest these ARM chipset devices use so little power you might as well just leave them on 24/7, they are not power hungry Windows machines.

The ODROID N2 has an excellent Heatsink so it pretty damn thermally stable as well. Smile

(2020-07-03, 10:44)wrxtasy Wrote:

Paul

The ODROID also has in it's custom Kodi Settings > CoreELEC >Hardware a WOL toggle.

Just tested with a SMB server on my iMac, using a physical remote and - Yes - WOL works for serving up files after the server has gone into Power Saving Sleep.

But to be honest these ARM chipset devices use so little power you might as well just leave them on 24/7, they are not power hungry Windows machines.

The ODROID N2 has an excellent Heatsink so it pretty damn thermally stable as well. Smile
Thanks for checking, much appreciated.

I got a little impatient and ordered an Amlogic S905x3 based machine instead. It's essentially the ODROID-C4 in a nice case. Same principle would apply though, when I install CoreELEC on it.

Paul
Hello guys...

This device is out of stock a lot of times... Can it be that they're about to release a new Odroid?
(2020-07-03, 22:15)MMeirolas1 Wrote: Hello guys...

This device is out of stock a lot of times... Can it be that they're about to release a new Odroid?

I personally doubt it, it is still fairly new, they also just released the C4 and H2+ so those may be getting some priority over the N2.
(2020-07-03, 23:43)lightsout Wrote:
(2020-07-03, 22:15)MMeirolas1 Wrote: Hello guys...

I personally doubt it, it is still fairly new, they also just released the C4 and H2+ so those may be getting some priority over the N2.

I see...

But out of the 3 the more powerful for media content is the N2, correct?
(2020-07-03, 15:54)youngsyp Wrote:
(2020-07-03, 10:44)wrxtasy Wrote:

Paul

Thanks for checking, much appreciated.

I got a little impatient and ordered an Amlogic S905x3 based machine instead. It's essentially the ODROID-C4 in a nice case. Same principle would apply though, when I install CoreELEC on it.

Paul

If the S905X3 in question is Not a developer board like an ODROID N2 or C4, you would need to install BL301 - Wake Up Feature (click) to get the same WOL functionality.

ODROID-N2 SBC, called “N2Plus” announced:

Availability: You can order 4GB model now and we will start shipping from 20 July.
N2+ 4GB model($79) https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-n...yte-ram-2/
N2+ Cooling Fan($4) https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/80x80x10...connector/

2GB model will be ready to order from 21 July and shipping from 24 July.
N2+ 2GB model ($63) https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-n...yte-ram-2/
ODROID-N2+ is a revision from ODROID-N2.
– Maximum CPU clock of Quad-core Cortex-A73 is increased to 2.4Ghz from 1.8Ghz.
– Maximum CPU clock of Dual-core Cortex-A53 is increased to 2.0Ghz from 1.9Ghz.
– On-board RTC backup battery holder is mounted on the board.
The main CPU is based on big.Little architecture which integrates a quad-core ARM Cortex-A73 CPU cluster and a dual core Cortex-A53 cluster with a new generation Mali-G52 GPU.
Thanks to the modern 12nm silicon technology, the A73 cores run at 2.2Ghz without thermal throttling using the stock metal-housing heatsink allowing a robust and quiet computer.
The CPU multi-core performance is around 20% faster and the GPU is 10% faster than the N1. The N2+’s DDR4 RAM is running at 1320Mhz with 1.2volt low power consumption.
The large metal housing heatsink is designed to optimize the CPU and RAM heat dissipation and minimize throttling. The CPU is placed on the bottom side of the PCB to establish great thermal characteristics.
More information is on our WiKi.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4