v18 Wiki suggestion - Create a help panel for resetting Kodi v18 software to "factory"
Hi.  I have a Windows PC with Kodi 17 and just worked through this.  My goal was to install a clean fresh version of Kodi 18 and not have any old add-ons or settings of any kind coming along for the ride.  My research of the Kodi help file and the Kodi wiki showed there is no information that when you search for reset or factory that would explain how one gets rid of the old stuff in a push of the button or two.

It would be good to have something for new users and even old users that want to have an option for a clean install or "clean out/clean up the old install" by nuking everything.

As it stands the only thing I could find on the internet that explained steps to follow involved installing an add on from an unknown source that purported to accomplish a "reset".  Not something I  would do unless Kodi created such a beast.

That is my suggestion... please provide an explanation for a reset in the help of wiki.  Hope my suggestion helps

A very helpful person has provided me with a manual method for this reset which has worked in another section of this forum so I am good now.  Thank you all.
https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...lling_Kodi
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thread moved to the wiki section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
All you have to do is remove the kodi data folder to reset Kodi. Here are the locations

Operating                      systemFile path
Android                 Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/
iOS                       /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi//
Linux                   ~/.kodi/
Mac                      /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/
LibreELEC              /OpenELEC/storage/.kodi/
Windows               Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\ - press <Enter>
Windows UWP       %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\
Great information.  So I tried my hand at searching for the link that Karellen provided using the Search Official Kodi Wiki box.  Tried reset, factory reset, fresh start, even used two words from that page "fresh install" and nothing comes up.

My suggestion in view of this is to at least put these words in the search tool or index the phrase "fresh install" to point to Karellen's link to improve the support of the software.
Just beacause This Tread came to my Attention:

Is it still the Case that Watchedstats dont Update if u export ur Library? (overwriting the old nfo's)?

I had this Issue a while Back as i did a complete new Kodi Installation to make shure, the Issues i had didnt depend on a corrupt installation. Therefore i export my Library (Music and Videos), in the Hope my starratings (music) and watchedcounts (Videos) would be updated within the nfo's, but they Didnt. (Is this still a Issue?)

There seems also no possability anymore, to mark all "Titles" in the Movie Library as Watched. (This did work prior to Krypton, and was much easier, rather than have to manualy mark every single Movie again as watched, if u loose ur watched states. (Did also try with Leia and this option seems still gone.)
(2019-04-27, 17:23)TP.One Wrote: Is it still the Case that Watchedstats dont Update if u export ur Library?
No, it has never been the case.

(2019-04-27, 17:23)TP.One Wrote: in the Hope my starratings (music)
You can now export this in v18.2. Read section 3.1 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_lib...ingle_File

(2019-04-27, 17:23)TP.One Wrote: watchedcounts (Videos) would be updated within the nfo's,
Yes, it works. They are always exported. BUT you need to adjust a setting for Import. Read section 1 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library/Video

(2019-04-27, 17:23)TP.One Wrote: There seems also no possability anymore, to mark all "Titles" in the Movie Library as Watched.
Yes, this is gone. It might be a bug, but I am not sure.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wiki suggestion - Create a help panel for resetting Kodi v18 software to "factory"0