v18 CDART vs DISCART for album CD images
I currently have over 3500 CD images in my library that are named as CDArt.png.  In v18, I see that I can get KODI to get images, but the WIKI says they should be named DISCART.png.  Is this correct, am I going to have to rename all the images?
(2019-02-22, 18:47)Davey Wrote: I currently have over 3500 CD images in my library that are named as CDArt.png.  In v18, I see that I can get KODI to get images, but the WIKI says they should be named DISCART.png.  Is this correct, am I going to have to rename all the images?

Yes, you will. @Karellen put me onto this little utility, which has helped immensely in all my renaming tasks: Bulk Rename Utility - https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

Also, you should add discart to your advancedsettings.xml file.

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<musiclibrary>
<!-- Additional artwork to add for artists -->
<artistextraart>
<arttype>banner</arttype>
<arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
<arttype>clearart</arttype>
<arttype>landscape</arttype>
</artistextraart>

<!-- Additional artwork to add for albums -->
<albumextraart>
<arttype>discart</arttype>
<arttype>spine</arttype>
<arttype>back</arttype>
</albumextraart>
</musiclibrary>

</advancedsettings>
In Kodi 18 you can have any kind of art type you want, and can whitelist them for auto-assigning during scanning.  BUT.  You have to depend on the skin you use to figure out how to display the art type.  It's more-or-less agreed that "discart" means a round image representing a cd/dvd/bd.  It isn't that hard for a skin to look for either discart or cdart as art types, but it isn't guaranteed the skinner has done this.  I've used the bulk rename utility for a long time, and the UI isn't the best but it gets the job done. 

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2019-02-22, 23:21)scott967 Wrote: I've used the bulk rename utility for a long time, and the UI isn't the best but it gets the job done. 

scott s.
 Agreed...BRU is very powerful, but the UI can make your eyes water. Smile
thanks for the clarification
Sorry for the stupid question...
(2019-02-22, 23:21)scott967 Wrote: In Kodi 18 you can have any kind of art type you want, and can whitelist them for auto-assigning during scanning.
therefore is correct:

[cut]
<arttype>paraponziponzipa</arttype>
[cut]

and the relative file in the path must is paraponziponzipa.jpg (or png)

BUT
Quote:You have to depend on the skin you use to figure out how to display the art type

The skin needs to know what to do with that file.

If everything I wrote above is right No what's the problem if

<arttype>cdart</arttype>
and everything remains as before?
(2019-07-26, 15:31)Pico1965 Wrote: Sorry for the stupid question...
(2019-02-22, 23:21)scott967 Wrote: In Kodi 18 you can have any kind of art type you want, and can whitelist them for auto-assigning during scanning.
therefore is correct:

[cut]
<arttype>paraponziponzipa</arttype>
[cut]

and the relative file in the path must is paraponziponzipa.jpg (or png)

BUT
Quote:You have to depend on the skin you use to figure out how to display the art type

The skin needs to know what to do with that file.

If everything I wrote above is right No what's the problem if

<arttype>cdart</arttype>
and everything remains as before? 
Yes, you can add and use cdart.png as an arttype.  Mainly, the issue is if you want to get art from online sources I think they have standardized on discart as the arttype, so that's what you have to search for in Artwork Beef or really any scrape tool.  And also the skin will have to have cdart as a fallback to display if discart is empty for that item.  Currently I think the only built-in fallback on art is the icon is a fallback for thumb.  Anything else the skin has to do.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2019-02-22, 19:37)bluemartian Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 18:47)Davey Wrote: I currently have over 3500 CD images in my library that are named as CDArt.png.  In v18, I see that I can get KODI to get images, but the WIKI says they should be named DISCART.png.  Is this correct, am I going to have to rename all the images?

Yes, you will. @Karellen put me onto this little utility, which has helped immensely in all my renaming tasks: Bulk Rename Utility - https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

Also, you should add discart to your advancedsettings.xml file.

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<musiclibrary>
<!-- Additional artwork to add for artists -->
<artistextraart>
<arttype>banner</arttype>
<arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
<arttype>clearart</arttype>
<arttype>landscape</arttype>
</artistextraart>

<!-- Additional artwork to add for albums -->
<albumextraart>
<arttype>discart</arttype>
<arttype>spine</arttype>
<arttype>back</arttype>
</albumextraart>
</musiclibrary>

</advancedsettings>

Bulk Rename Utility is a great utility for things like renaming all the songs in an album folder beneath an artist folder, I use it all the time.

But if you want the best way to rename an entire music library full of cdart.jpg files to discart.jpg use a utility called "FlexRena84" here is a url to it:
Flexible Renamer84

FlexRena84
http://www.download82.com/download/windo...e-renamer/

Try it out!
In case you're using Linux the following command creates a copy of all existing cdart.png-files, which are found in the given directory and its subdirectories and the copy will be renamed to discart.png (the original file will not be deleted):  
find /path/to/search -type f -name 'cdart.png' -exec bash -c 'cp "$0" "${0/cdart/discart}"' {} \;
Some linux distro's also come with ThunarBulkRename built in

then you can simply search for all cdart.png in your file browser, select them all, right click and select rename and rename them all to discart.png

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CDART vs DISCART for album CD images0