'This file is longer available.' Error Even Though File Exists
I've encountered a situation with one of my TV shows where I get the error 'This file is longer available.' when attempting to play certain episodes, even though the file does exist.
This occurs when I go to the series via TV Shows but not when I go to the corresponding folder via Files.
Debug Log File: https://paste.kodi.tv/azaxajujag.kodi

I've tried removing the TV show from my library and re-scanning the folder but the issue remains after the series is added again.

Thanks in advance.
Double-check the full path to your video(s) via the Information page, and see if anything is different when location your files via the Files option.

Kodi stores the full path including the file protocol for each video. Any deviation (or an alternate, non-working network path) will result in a "Not found" message.
Klojum, I have also had issues with this error message.

I had a season of a show that wasn't scanned. I determined that there was a typo between the show title and the nfo file (the title was in upper case, the nfo lower case). I amended the file titles so they matched the nfo. Scanning then caused the Season to appear in the list. BUT when trying to play any of the newly added titles, the "this file is no longer available" error appeared. I found out that for some reason Kodi was looking for the upper case title (which of course, no longer existed). I went into the database (mysql) and deleted the entries for the show which had the wrong path and rescanned it and it was ok after that. (prior to that, I'd cleaned, reset the show to "none", etc, none of which worked to get Kodi to drop its search for the "dead" path). I don't understand why Kodi would be looking for that path at all, considering it had not scanned those files in until after it had been renamed.....
Quote:Double-check the full path to your video(s) via the Information page, and see if anything is different when location your files via the Files option.
Some of the problem locations differ in respect to letter case but others do not.
Quote:I went into the database (mysql) and deleted the entries for the show which had the wrong path and rescanned it and it was ok after that.
I verified that all rows corresponding to the TV show in table episodes are deleted upon removing the series via the GUI.
They are repopulated upon re-scanning the TV show directory but the problem remains.

I decided to try deleting the corresponding rows in table files, in addition to those in table episodes. This solved the issue!

It seems Kodi uses the entries in table files  when repopulating table episodes, rather than pulling from the actual file system. Therefore, to correct the file paths, it was necessary to clear them as well.
I can chalk up some of the issues to letter case mismatch but still not sure about the others, possibly something else stale about file information.

Thanks for your responses.
(2019-03-04, 20:07)bejhan Wrote: I can chalk up some of the issues to letter case mismatch
My letter case mismatch was just the precursor to having the problem. It seems there's been a change to how Kodi finds/searches for files/file information. I also had a file play despite a letter case mismatch, so something is now different.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'This file is longer available.' Error Even Though File Exists0